RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
Some would say, it Deviates from the norm

photo

YEEEEAAAAHHHHH

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Some little Blue anodized bits would fit same colour as the Compression adjust knob.

You got me thinking. I will rebuild my rear wheel soon and just bought a Hydra in blue that will be laced to the EX511 with blue Sapim Polyay Double Square Nipples. Should to the trick for now.

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 at 21:16 Quote
[Quote="niconj"]
mtbman1980 wrote:
Some little Blue anodized bits would fit same colour as the Compression adjust knob.

You got me thinking. I will rebuild my rear wheel soon and just bought a Hydra in blue that will be laced to the EX511 with blue Sapim Polyay Double Square Nipples. Should to the trick for now.[/Quote

I think engagement past 250 is pointless in a sense. It's already almost instant engagement. I guess it wouldn't hurt but I wouldn't spend a huge amount of extra money for them.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 4:11 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
I think engagement past 250 is pointless in a sense. It's already almost instant engagement. I guess it wouldn't hurt but I wouldn't spend a huge amount of extra money for them.

They cost me the same as their Torch hubs would've cost me and I was going to get those a week ago when I saw their "something new" on Facebook and waited.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
niconj wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

They cost me the same as their Torch hubs would've cost me and I was going to get those a week ago when I saw their "something new" on Facebook and waited.

I think I'd buy torch hubs personally, I think they sound cooler.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
[Quote="Gmoneyog1"]
niconj wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

You got me thinking. I will rebuild my rear wheel soon and just bought a Hydra in blue that will be laced to the EX511 with blue Sapim Polyay Double Square Nipples. Should to the trick for now.[/Quote

Yeah, better to save some money and get less POE, like King, or maybe a 240.

...wait.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
sherbet wrote:

...wait.

I got the 36T DT 240s already. They don‘t have the sound I prefer and the 54t I broke in two weeks. I‘m really curious as to how long the hub will last under the conditions I will put it trough.

BTW. King is heavier, more expensive and doesn‘t have Microspline.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
niconj wrote:
sherbet wrote:

...wait.

I got the 36T DT 240s already. They don‘t have the sound I prefer and the 54t I broke in two weeks. I‘m really curious as to how long the hub will last under the conditions I will put it trough.

Sarcasm.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
niconj wrote:
sherbet wrote:

...wait.

Sarcasm.

I don‘t know what that is. Big Grin

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
niconj wrote:
sherbet wrote:
niconj wrote:

Sarcasm.

photo

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
niconj wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:

This was a huge marketing mistake by Industry Nine.

You're absolutely right this extreme POE count is of minimal benefit - and it was never the point of the Hydra driver, nor is additional POE beyond Torch an important feature for customers. Instead of allowing the POE to be the headline of their story, the headline should be that they've (potentially) solved the biggest problem with radial movement drivers. Decreased engagement lag is only a fortunate byproduct of this solution.

The problem with additional POE is the internals become smaller and tolerances become tighter. High POE hubs usually use two groups of three pawls, meaning a maximum of three are engaged at one time, and the teeth are tiny. If only one pawl engages, the system can flex enough to disengage the pawl under high pressure, leading to damage.

The Hydra attempts to use flex as a benefit, not a risk. The pawls are designed to not engage simultaneously. The spacing between teeth is so tight that as the internals begin to flex and misalign, the pawls encounter the next tooth and engage due to flex, yet can't flex enough to be a problem. If it works as described and if the tiny teeth aren't vulnerable to contamination, this could be a great solution.

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 1:12 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
niconj wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Sarcasm.

photo
Absolute gold lol

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
Here's my Kona

photo

That Kona is slick and the color is awesome with the tanwalls. I’d give it a solid 8/10. Would definitely ride it.

Here’s my Specialized Enduro:
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
SileTzar wrote:

This job pays my 10.000€ bike + I have about 13 weeks off every year. What about you?

R-M-R wrote:
If it works as described and if the tiny teeth aren't vulnerable to contamination, this could be a great solution.

Yeah. I'm worried about contamination too. I daresay that they need more looking after than other hubs on the market. Then again, if they work as advertised, I don't mind taking care of them every other month or so. It's a matter of minutes to clean the pawls and ring and put them back together.

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
Never knock Germany its a efficient working country iirc

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032034
Mobile Version of Website