RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
niconj wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

This job pays my 10.000€ bike + I have about 13 weeks off every year. What about you?

Things I have : sense of humor

Things I don't have: complexes

But you do you! Hopefully those 13 weeks give you a chance to relax, you sound really uptight!

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
niconj wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

This job pays my 10.000€ bike + I have about 13 weeks off every year. What about you?

But you do you! Hopefully those 13 weeks give you a chance to relax, you sound really uptight!

You are going by stereotypes (in this case about Germans) and interpret things guided by them. I was actually making a joke when I said that I didn't know sarcasm, which you obviously didn't get (despite the fact that I put a Big Grin right behind it).

Also, you are quite a mentalist seeing by a post on a forum that a person has complexes. Tell me more about it. You know things about me that I didn't know.

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
Popcorn and crisps at the ready

My sunday night sorted...

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
niconj wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
niconj wrote:

You are going by stereotypes (in this case about Germans) and interpret things guided by them. I was actually making a joke when I said that I didn't know sarcasm, which you obviously didn't get (despite the fact that I put a Big Grin right behind it).

Also, you are quite a mentalist seeing by a post on a forum that a person has complexes. Tell me more about it. You know things about me that I didn't know.

I made an obvious joke as well, to follow up on your joke, which I did understand, but you chose to go there, not me.

Let's say we drop it, nice bike and all that, enjoy it as much as you can. Peace

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
niconj wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
If it works as described and if the tiny teeth aren't vulnerable to contamination, this could be a great solution.

Yeah. I'm worried about contamination too. I daresay that they need more looking after than other hubs on the market. Then again, if they work as advertised, I don't mind taking care of them every other month or so. It's a matter of minutes to clean the pawls and ring and put them back together.

I have a set of Extralite hubs on the way, so I'm in no position to criticize a high-maintenance product!

Of course, most people aren't willing, or won't remember, to do that - even I would prefer to not do so. There's no reason the driver can't be sealed well enough to keep out contamination; hopefully the new labyrinth seals are up to the job. I suspect I9's recommendation to use grease to reduce noise will be a mistake; it's probably better to use a light oil to avoid losing any engagement depth due to build-up.

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
7/10 for the Specialized 2 pages back... Let's keep this on track. Still not a fan of the tan sidewalls, could use some colour IMO.

Giant Reign
Fox Factory 36RC2 170mm
Fox Factory DHX2 Coil Shock
Fox Factory Transfer Seat post
XTR Derailleur
Box Components 11-46 cassette
Hope M4 brakes (Since switched to Saint)
Saint Crankset w/32t Raceface narrow-wide chain ring
KMC Gold Chain
Jagwire link cables (terrible)
Chromag seat, pedals and bars
DT Swiss M1700 Wheels with 54t ratchet upgrade
Maxxis DHF/DHR tires (switched to Der Baron/Der Kaizer since)
Build weight is ~30.4lb without pedals

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 14:17 Quote
Impressive weight given how burly that is!

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
Ooh I do apologise

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
Oh buddy, here we go. Heel?

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
Little pink bike rocks...10/10....your stumpy sucks....throw it off a cliff...

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Oh buddy, here we go.
Yup. Facepalm

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
suprapaul1 wrote:
Here's my Specialized Stumpjumper carbon comp with RT3 shock, Rockshox pikes, Hope Tech Enduro with pro4 hubs, Sram Eagle GX groupset, Sram guide RE's, Hope bottom bracket and a pair of Renthal fatbars.
First carbon fibre bike and so far I'm loving it, rides very different compared to my old Trek Ex8.
photo
Me and my daughter both specialized riders
Loving the specialized now

0/10 What a turd

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
Russyh wrote:
Impressive weight given how burly that is!

Probably closer to 31.4 now with burlier tires, rim defense, and Saint brakes.

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 19:51 Quote
helen keller's stumpy.

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
Suprapaul1, ThatBrooksey, and every other new guy, I'm sure you were well meaning and simply unaware of the rules, but when you post your bike to be rated, you are supposed to return the favor and rate the previous bike, as mentioned in the thread title and the first post. In general, the first post of a thread contains the rules for that thread, and it is a good idea to read them before posting. Smile (PS I like your bike(s)... it's nothing personal)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031248
Mobile Version of Website