Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 13:25 Quote
Creegz wrote:
djcd6 wrote:
Creegz wrote:
How is the tweet gear? I am curious about some of it for myself.

It seems to be very made, Spank is actually a factory in Taiwan which manufacture for a lot of other brands.

Awesome! I am trying to figure out if anyone has used the rims they make. I wanna know if they're decent. Same for the stem and bar.
I ran a tweet rear wheel on my reign sx and it took a week strait of whistler abuse and was still perfectly true and dent free!

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 13:26 Quote
LondonCowan wrote:
Creegz wrote:
djcd6 wrote:

It seems to be very made, Spank is actually a factory in Taiwan which manufacture for a lot of other brands.

Awesome! I am trying to figure out if anyone has used the rims they make. I wanna know if they're decent. Same for the stem and bar.

The first gen tweet tweet rims had mixed reviews. but the new ones are great. I'm running them for a few seasons now and have built quite a few for customers at the shop i work at and have had no problems

Awesome thanks! I am planning on ordering a set over the next few months. Then maybe learning to build a wheel during that time.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 13:28 Quote
Creegz wrote:
djcd6 wrote:
Creegz wrote:
How is the tweet gear? I am curious about some of it for myself.

I have ran the tweet bar and stem. I did not like them. The stem had small hardware and the cap started to crack. The bars have a weird bend. Seems like there is no real upsweep. This is just my opinion tho, I ran hem for about 6 months.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 20:09 Quote
My tweets are great. 1st gens been on for quite a while now no complaints. Light too, prolly go spikes next as I want to incorporate chrome some how. If not it will be the latest tweet tweets.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 20:17 Quote
taters everywhere.
Capital love. Getting new red 2012 frame, wheelset and cranks, headset and bb.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 20:24 Quote
I thought you were selling it.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 20:26 Quote
I did. Then I got it back because the guy I sold it to is an asshat, and wanted his STP back really bad. So I told him to give me some free parts, and some cash, and deliver it to my city. Plus, a buddy of mine knows the guy (but the guy doesn't know this) so I told my buddy to find out if he did anything to it, he literally rode it 3 times. He's not very smart. So, I got a bike to race on for the year (and blew the seals and f*cked with like 5 other things....)

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 21:41 Quote
Yeah and then you posted an ad for it again after receiving some criticism about it in the forums.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 21:48 Quote
That's not at all why I posted an ad, the ad is there so if someone wants to trade me something cool, it's there. I'll end up keeping it for a while, might get a 2012 red frame upgrade though from a dude I know.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 21:53 Quote
This is what I see.

You rode your 24" Capital on the trails.

People criticized you on it.

You traded the bike for an XC bike.

It made sense, but people still got to silently say, "I told you so."

You traded your XC bike back for the Capital.

You continued to ride trails on it, saying once more that you feel comfortable on it.

People criticized you for it.

You posted an ad about two days later saying you'll trade for an XC/AM bike, a 29er, or basically anything trail oriented.

I'm just wondering what the hell is going on.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 21:59 Quote
I didn't ever ride trails on my cap? I said I was considering it.

Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 23:22 Quote
why would you care that other people criticize your choice of bike. The cap is clean, im not a fan of 24 inch wheels but who cares its still a clean bike that gets the job done

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 0:04 Quote
I only ride peer approved bicycles.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 1:24 Quote
erikthefatty wrote:
I only ride peer approved bicycles.
Phew, glad i'm not the only one.

I mean, come on. If people on pinkbike don't like it then it's not worth having.

Posted: Sep 29, 2013 at 2:49 Quote
Guys, am i right in saying you lower a Rockshox sektor in the same way you lower an rct?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027758
Mobile Version of Website