Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 1, 2018 at 19:58 Quote
False wrote:
you would probably end up breaking the revelation in the long run
It's lasted me probably 6 years of riding so far. as far as the chassis is concerned it's pretty close to an argyle rct but still kinda noodly.

the 831 would be from a friend for cheap, but I'm not sure if it's any stiffer than my revelation.

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 20:13 Quote
Nobble wrote:
False wrote:
you would probably end up breaking the revelation in the long run
It's lasted me probably 6 years of riding so far. as far as the chassis is concerned it's pretty close to an argyle rct but still kinda noodly.

the 831 would be from a friend for cheap, but I'm not sure if it's any stiffer than my revelation.
I'd be more concerned about the extra stress that dirt jumping has to offer a fork, its just not designed for the abuse

O+
Posted: May 1, 2018 at 21:39 Quote
My old 32 831 is noticeably more flexy vs a pike. I don't think there would be much difference between them.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 0:30 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
My old 32 831 is noticeably more flexy vs a pike. I don't think there would be much difference between them.
both those forks are a bit sketchy. maybe find a cheap circus or an old argyle. the circus i had was pretty stiff for only being 32mm.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 5:56 Quote
Noting the comment above about the circus,

I love mine, i have the latest model expert with the black stanchions Geek

i run them at 50psi and have the compression turned up to one below lockout or firmest setting, not sure if they lock out and they are so firm but plushy too.

BUT, ive used them for 7 months now but only recently i keep noticing my front wheel come slightly loose on the front axle, i haven't changed the way i do the bolts up or anything. does anyone else have experience with this? or any tips on how to prevent it?

in addition to this, the only thing i dont like about the circus is the shitty front axle

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 7:57 Quote
mtbtyrrell wrote:
Noting the comment above about the circus,

I love mine, i have the latest model expert with the black stanchions Geek

i run them at 50psi and have the compression turned up to one below lockout or firmest setting, not sure if they lock out and they are so firm but plushy too.

BUT, ive used them for 7 months now but only recently i keep noticing my front wheel come slightly loose on the front axle, i haven't changed the way i do the bolts up or anything. does anyone else have experience with this? or any tips on how to prevent it?

in addition to this, the only thing i dont like about the circus is the shitty front axle

I've noticed when I tighten mine, the hex portion of the axle protrudes slightly fron the inside of the stantion and the wheel bearing cup doesn't sit directly against the stantion, so there's a gap and play in the wheel..

I hate that axle design with a passion, completely spoiled on RS Maxle

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Alright guys, building a p3 with some old parts for dirtjump shenanigans.

I have two potential fork options, a rockshox revelation with 20mm axle, and a 32mm chassis fox 831 with a 15mm axle.

Opinions?

I’d suggest the 831 since it’s an actual DJ fork and the revelation is not

O+
Posted: May 2, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
Yeah, get the 831, SHISHIMI COAT!

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 12:01 Quote
If the 32 831 is anything like other fox 32s get the rev. 32s are noodles. Rockshox 32mm stuff is ok to decent in terms of stiffness, especially with the 20mm axle.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
Older pikes and argyle are 32mm also every marzocchi Fork I’ve owned is 32mm, same with manitou circus forks

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 9:46 Quote
Should have clarified, fox 32s are noodles. RS 32mm forks (Sektor, old pike, argyle etc) are much stiffer in comparison

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 16:51 Quote
Anyone here ever use IXS knee pads? IXS is gonna hook me up with some stuff but i need people’s opinions as to which knee pads are the best for DJ/slope use (good protection but will fit under skinny pants)

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 18:06 Quote
Nah IXS is trash, I've broken like 17 of their helmets and like 69 of their gloves. Don't let them hook you up

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 19:06 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
Nah IXS is trash, I've broken like 17 of their helmets and like 69 of their gloves. Don't let them hook you up

lmao you're still butthurt about the morpheus thing i guess

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 19:15 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:

lmao you're still butthurt about the morpheus thing i guess

Yes i am angered

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031565
Mobile Version of Website