Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 8:56 Quote
So hot! Love that ol school look! Slap an avy shock on that and huck to flat no problem...

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 9:16 Quote
fredro wrote:
So hot! Love that ol school look! Slap an avy shock on that and huck to flat no problem...

What shock is that? Sorry but I've only just started riding again 2 years ago after taking a long break due to a bad injury.

Promised my GF I'd stick to xc this time around... lol Big Grin

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 9:22 Quote
Avalanche racing. Must google.... Quickly! Transforms the bike...

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
fredro wrote:
Avalanche racing. Must google.... Quickly! Transforms the bike...

They make some nice stuff.

I'm very happy about my old avalanche shock.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 10:44 Quote
Loved my avys. Ran the rear dhs shock, and dhf fork on my Canfield fatty fat back in 2001 before the Jedi was around. Miss that thing...

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
fredro wrote:
Loved my avys. Ran the rear dhs shock, and dhf fork on my Canfield fatty fat back in 2001 before the Jedi was around. Miss that thing...

Never owned an avy fork but I do have a dhs on my Racelink.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 12:36 Quote
chaserider wrote:
fredro wrote:

photo
i posted this before, its been awhile tho and is currently topic worthy....Salute

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 12:53 Quote
fredro wrote:
chaserider wrote:
fredro wrote:

photo
i posted this before, its been awhile tho and is currently topic worthy....Salute
HHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGDrool

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 12:59 Quote
aaahhhh memories. 3.0 tires, dh tubes, 8" up front, 10" bottomless rear! hurricane seat post and original evil bash guide. classic huckfest setup!

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:03 Quote
Memories indeed!tup
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:14 Quote
bender rode similar setup back in the day

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:19 Quote
yeah lol, my Apoc only had the 8 risse upfront, and i rarely ever used both shocks, as much as i loved the twin shock setup it just felt a bit unbalanced, it rode much better in the single shock setup ala armageddon.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:22 Quote
the inverted risse right? badass.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:28 Quote
fredro wrote:
the inverted risse right? badass.
Yeah, they were 8" Risse Champs with the Big daddy 50mm upgraded knurled uppers and crowns, heavy as f*ck but they were an awesome set of forks when they worked...
always wanted some Avys for that bike, hell i would love a set for my current ride, but just cant afford them at the moment.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
fredro wrote:
chaserider wrote:
fredro wrote:

photo

Damn dude! That is serious hardware.
Awesome to say the least.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014982
Mobile Version of Website