HELP how do i stop my dh goggles from steaming up ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
HELP how do i stop my dh goggles from steaming up ?
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:45 Quote
haha do you have a problem with wasps at all? dual layer lens + holes. should have specified, sorry.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:45 Quote
Goggleless is fine once you get used to it..

I used to stop each time mud got in my eye, or anything else for that matter. But after you get it over and over you slowly get used to it (like wearing contact lenses).

After a certain amount of time you develop a good tolerance to the pain and instead you just blink once or twice to wipe the mud to the bottom of your eyelids. And when you've finished the run you can scrape it all out. This has worked fine for me at several uplifts...

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:46 Quote
dh-pete wrote:

I used to stop each time mud got in my eye, or anything else for that matter. But after you get it over and over you slowly get used to it (like wearing contact lenses).

After a certain amount of time you develop a good tolerance to the pain and instead you just blink once or twice to wipe the mud to the bottom of your eyelids. And when you've finished the run you can scrape it all out. This has worked fine for me at several uplifts...

WTF?

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:54 Quote
Exactly as stated. Anyone who knows me personally will know I'm super picky with what I ride/wear. I don't like restrictive pads, I don't like my angle of sight shortened (small opening helmets, goggles etc. I don't like parts to be the wrong angles (eg bars) and the list goes on.

I had a set of Oakleys and never seemed to wear them. They were then stolen at Hopton when I was sessioning a section and instead of caring I just considered them as being put to better use. Ever since I've never put a set of goggles or glasses on to ride in. And not once has it slowed me down.

You have to find a section smooth enough (or a jump large enough if you're brendog) to pull a tearoff off. I need a few milliseconds to blink. You guys worry about steam, I do nothing. You guys are limited to what you can see between the frame of your goggles. I'm limited to see what the opening in my helmet allows.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:55 Quote
nocker wrote:
dh-pete wrote:

WTF?

how come you got pics of ur helmet with goggles then?

and i find that my goggles only steam up when i stand around with them, then i put them on and like after 5-10 seconds it goes and im running cheap rockgardn goggles but gettin new goggles sometime this month

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:57 Quote
i can assure you if you where hit in the eye by a bit of mud you would have to stop,

wind also makes your eyes water til you cant see

if you crash you have less protection to your eyes the list goes on..

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:03 Quote
i'm with dh-pete on this one. i HATE goggles. i also hate pads and anything restrictive. i wear an mx helmet cos it has a bigger eye port, and i'll ride in dusty conditions right behind someone and still just suck it up and squint.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:06 Quote
an old wise man once told me to rub the cut side of a potato on the inside of the lense, try that and see if it works

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:07 Quote
dhrockerdh wrote:
i can assure you if you where hit in the eye by a bit of mud you would have to stop,

wind also makes your eyes water til you cant see

if you crash you have less protection to your eyes the list goes on..

I can assure you, I've rode through more than a fair share of mud in my eyes. I can keep going.

The water goes out of your eyes when you blink

I risk less protection for the advantages. The only ever time I scratched my goggles lens was when they were wrapped around my arm in a crash... Blank Stare
bigquoteshow come you got pics of ur helmet with goggles then?

Uploaded the 20th January 2009. They have a scratch on them which means they can't have been in my possession more than a month after that then, as I replaced the lens a week after they got scratched. And no more than 2 weeks after that they were stolen.

EDIT: Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13536_193359313062_694508062_3162433_1224892_n.jpg

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:08 Quote
em-j wrote:
i'm with dh-pete on this one. i HATE goggles. i also hate pads and anything restrictive. i wear an mx helmet cos it has a bigger eye port, and i'll ride in dusty conditions right behind someone and still just suck it up and squint.

Heh, I go 1 up and often ride DH with my Fox Flux sort of burly XC helmet. Smile

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:13 Quote
just realised your the dude who was on al's steep wood uplift

and i still dont know what to do about goggles might jsut buy some spray see is it works

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:14 Quote
Drill holes near the frame. Heat escapes from it and no more fog. Small holes btw.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:15 Quote
dhrockerdh wrote:
just realised your the dude who was on al's steep wood uplift

and i still dont know what to do about goggles might jsut buy some spray see is it works

serious dude, vented, dual layer antifog lens WILL NOT fog. only way too go. oakley make them. don't know if anyone else does. they don't do them for the crowbar tho, last time i checked.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
ive done that allready haha do you mean all the way round ?

ive got small holes along the top of them and they still fog up

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 16:17 Quote
dhrockerdh wrote:
ive done that allready haha do you mean all the way round ?

ive got small holes along the top of them and they still fog up
All the way around. ON the lens.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012434
Mobile Version of Website