The strongest Downhill bike on the market

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The strongest Downhill bike on the market
Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 20:46 Quote
this frame was designed for Josh Bender to throw off cliffs I seriously doubt there is a stronger frame

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.karpiel.com/_photo/images/armageddon_description.jpg

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 21:05 Quote
Redwolf2 wrote:
If you can ride it down a track, you can call it DH.
If you can jump it, you can call it a DJ
If you take it to the park, or ride around town, you can call it a park bike
If you can hop, balance, and all that stuff you can call it a trials bike....

Whats the big deal?

LOL, any of those bikes can be used to do any other kind of riding if you want to go that route.
haha, not to mention that you can do any of that with a plastic tricycle if you go really slow. hmmm....trials tricycle?

it's all about being the right weapon for the job. and IMO a hardtail isn't a DH race chassis in this day and age, why pretend that they are?

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 5:59 Quote
thereisnospoon wrote:
Redwolf2 wrote:

Whats the big deal?

LOL, any of those bikes can be used to do any other kind of riding if you want to go that route.
haha, not to mention that you can do any of that with a plastic tricycle if you go really slow. hmmm....trials tricycle?

it's all about being the right weapon for the job. and IMO a hardtail isn't a DH race chassis in this day and age, why pretend that they are?

why cant a hardtail be a dh bike?

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 7:34 Quote
I know this is an overused argument, but if they were DH bikes, you would see pros racing on them. You will never see steve peat or greg minaar or any pro race on a hardtail.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 18:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
I know this is an overused argument, but if they were DH bikes, you would see pros racing on them. You will never see steve peat or greg minaar or any pro race on a hardtail.

Hardtails arn't as smooth and fast. Plain and simple. The pros won't race one because you can go faster on a fully because the susp. lets the rear wheel stay in contact with the ground, giving you more control. Just because its slower doesn't mean its not a dh bike.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 18:17 Quote
if you begin dh on a hardtail you will become insanely fast on a DH bike, because you learn to be smooth

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 18:18 Quote
thereisnospoon wrote:
Redwolf2 wrote:

Whats the big deal?

I agree, a Ht isn't the race steed of choice. But I believe the title says The strongest downhill bike...not The strongest downhill RACE bike.

A dh bike doesn't have to be a race bike. They're just the most common because they're the smoothest.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 21:14 Quote
Hitler is long gone, and isnt trustworthy......hmmm

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 21:14 Quote
Do I really need to make another? Dead Horse

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 21:19 Quote
Well, I agree with "nothingbetter" The thread wasnt specific enough to push out some peoples styles.

To each their own.

End of discussion.

God id love to have a 951 or a marin quake 7.8 Frown Both pretty strong bikes.

Posted: Nov 16, 2010 at 2:17 Quote
Redwolf2 wrote:
Well, I agree with "nothingbetter" The thread wasnt specific enough to push out some peoples styles.

To each their own.

End of discussion.

God id love to have a 951 or a marin quake 7.8 Frown Both pretty strong bikes.
Kidng right, a 951 in the strongest bike thread...
Sexy yes, strong no.
Still my bid towards a evil imperial or for a fs, a desecdance.

Posted: Nov 16, 2010 at 11:41 Quote
I was riding with a guy who cracked his quake 7.8

Posted: Nov 16, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
nothingbetter wrote:
I agree, a Ht isn't the race steed of choice. But I believe the title says The strongest downhill bike...not The strongest downhill RACE bike.

A dh bike doesn't have to be a race bike. They're just the most common because they're the smoothest.

if that's the case, the strongest DH bike is most likely a moto-x bike.
it's a 2-wheeled bike that can be ridden downhill if that's where you want it to go. and they're built to withstand hell itself.
hey, the title says the strongest downhill bike, nothing in there saying that it can't have a motor. Pirate

hehe

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
........ please lets get serious, which bike would you race with and be able to take big jumps and agresive riding?
I have seen some gamblers breaking in the headtube. anyother than karpiel?

FL
Posted: Nov 25, 2010 at 3:52 Quote
photo

It took so much abuse from me this season. Never heard of one broken. The Legends are amazing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025802
Mobile Version of Website