The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/46877-4/G17_laserlyte_bayonet_1080_edited_web.jpg

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 9:57 Quote
seraph wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/46877-4/G17_laserlyte_bayonet_1080_edited_web.jpg

Is that actually useful? Seems like it would have a lot of leverage on a handgun.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 10:03 Quote
Absolutely not lol. Its funny to look at, none the less.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 19:40 Quote
If it's decently weighted, it could help combat muzzle flip in some cases. But as a functional knife? It's totally useless.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 14:31 Quote
seraph wrote:
Anywho, I would totally be into ACOGs but they allegedly have a passage from the bible printed on every unit, and I'm not into that.
I've never heard of this before.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 15:35 Quote
trozei wrote:
seraph wrote:
Anywho, I would totally be into ACOGs but they allegedly have a passage from the bible printed on every unit, and I'm not into that.

John 8:12
photo

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 15:49 Quote
For reference,
John 8:12, New International Version:
I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 16:51 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
trozei wrote:
seraph wrote:

John 8:12
photo
They stopped doing that a couple years back, which is rather unfortunate... some folks didn't feel it was appropriate to shoot Muslims through optics which had biblical verses code onto them so it started threatening their military contracts and they no longer stamp anything after the optical figures. Mine just says ACOG4X32.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 18:38 Quote
I'm not religious but John 8:12 is a badass quote to have on your muslim killing machine.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 19:30 Quote
I would prefer the "alpha and omega" line. Not up to speed on my bible verses though, so I don't know the passage or line.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 19:45 Quote
They actually had different quotes, they weren't all the same. I saw one that was Corinthians 2:5. And apparently I stand corrected, they do still have them but they're not stamped anymore. One guy I was talking to at the gun shop today said that it's so they can be scraped off at command discretion, another said they just don't print it on the models they send to the DoD. He showed me on mine that on the printed info it does have JN8:12..

John 8 12

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 19:52 Quote
I say we let all the religious wingnuts go somewhere and let them all kill each other and let the rest of us lead as happy as possible lives.

Disclaimer: not saying all religious people are wingnuts. Just a solid amount of them.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 19:59 Quote
looeythedog wrote:
I say we let all the religious wingnuts go somewhere and let them all kill each other and let the rest of us lead as happy as possible lives.

Disclaimer: not saying all religious people are wingnuts. Just a solid amount of them.
Yeah, wing nuts are no good whether they're the Allahu Akbar variety or the Deus Vult variety.

My position is that if you're waging war because you think god wants you to, you've got issues... but if you're waging war and praying for God's help to keep you alive, you're probably pretty normal. Kinda like that old saying about there being no atheists in foxholes.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 21:08 Quote
I would be so interested to see a country carved somewhere into this planet that was completely agnostic and every citizen agreed to just behave under a social contract regulating behaviour and morality without having magical storybooks telling everyone how to be nice to each other. It'd probably be a very successful country.

But if a quote was required on any weapon I owned, instead of churchy stuff I would prefer to look at Conan 3:16;
Crush your enemies
See them driven before you
Hear the Lamentations of their women
That would be cool.

Lurking shield engage

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022551
Mobile Version of Website