Post your lake bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Post your lake bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 1:21 Quote
I couldn't find a proper post your lake bike thread so I made one ages ago.
The thread quickly died. Then I realized there was an invite button. So I have redone this one.

Everyone has a lake jump bike (unless your rich and use a foam-pit), if not get one and take photos of it.

I'll start:
My lake jump bike is an old Giant Sedona with a cromoly frame, single speed with a ghetto derailleur-chain-tensioner (Jockey Wheel Removed).

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 1:26 Quote
DK 8-Pack, raw, haro stem and bars, redline fork haro seatpost and saddle, oddy hazard light front wheel, triple wall rear, free agent cranks... nothing is finalized yet, might get some parts, might not

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 1:28 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
DK 8-Pack, raw, haro stem and bars, redline fork haro seatpost and saddle, oddy hazard light front wheel, triple wall rear, free agent cranks... nothing is finalized yet, might get some parts, might not

Sounds flash

I might need to get some second hand forks cause mine have a curve in them and when the wheel is turned around it hits the crank. I could shorten the cranks but it would probably ride crap as.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 23:01 Quote
Ompalompa wrote:
I couldn't find a proper post your lake bike thread so I made one ages ago.
The thread quickly died. Then I realized there was an invite button. So I have redone this one.

Everyone has a lake jump bike (unless your rich and use a foam-pit), if not get one and take photos of it.

I'll start:
My lake jump bike is an old Giant Sedona with a cromoly frame, single speed with a ghetto derailleur-chain-tensioner (Jockey Wheel Removed).

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 4:53 Quote
i used to have a haro that i used it had no headset bearings, the back wheel had destroyed cones, the seat was attatched with duct tape and the bars were 18 inches wide, and the cranks were bent to the left and i think the frame was also bent to the left lol

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
I don't have a lake to jump into. Well, no lakes that I can build a jump into around here.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 10:48 Quote
photo
not a very good pic of the bike...

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 20:49 Quote
Our old one had no back wheel bearings.

We just wrap a life jacket around the bike to keep it afloat.

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 10:00 Quote
Just build a step up and dont pack the landing very much, plenty soft. no lakes nearby, but we have two step ups like that.

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 19:28 Quote
Thats the next step in learning tricks after water.

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 10:47 Quote
Personally I disagree, Tramp bike, then straight to dirt. (the only downside of a tramp bike is that you cant do flips)

Edit- But thats just what works for me

Posted: Jun 26, 2010 at 18:30 Quote
kylebmx1995 wrote:
i used to have a haro that i used it had no headset bearings, the back wheel had destroyed cones, the seat was attatched with duct tape and the bars were 18 inches wide, and the cranks were bent to the left and i think the frame was also bent to the left lol
sounds like my old 24" lake jump mongoose! it has no bearings in it, its blue and bleck, single speed

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 8:35 Quote
wow i forgot about this thread ill post up some pics of our new(to us) lake jumping bike Big Grin

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 1:50 Quote
Cant wait untill summer to start the lake jumping up again. We will be building a proper dirt lip to launch from now. Pics when its done

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.265229
Mobile Version of Website