2011 Argyle- Death of the Pargyle?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2011 Argyle- Death of the Pargyle?
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:06 Quote
RMcKenney wrote:
"only since 07" so just for the past 4 model years. and what exactly does a properly made pargyle consist of as you seem to be the expert? just wondering what argyle parts are used that the pike doesn't have?
argyle have different uppers and solo air

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:07 Quote
skinna wrote:
RMcKenney wrote:
"only since 07" so just for the past 4 model years. and what exactly does a properly made pargyle consist of as you seem to be the expert? just wondering what argyle parts are used that the pike doesn't have?
eh completely random but uh were you at joyride riding a kona bass once? i was looking at your pics and you look familiar

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:14 Quote
skinna wrote:
RMcKenney wrote:
I didn't ask what the difference between the forks is. I want to know what argyle parts are used to make a pargyle, since we have already established that the lowers are the exact same.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:14 Quote
nujabe wrote:
In sorry almost 700 dollars don't justify this fork . Can get a fox for that much .. or a used 409 for half that .... also just because its DJ specific don't mean it should cost that much .

Fox Float MSRP is over 1000. 2009 Argyle 409 MSRP is 650. MSRP means nothing...

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:20 Quote
hendu wrote:
skinna wrote:
RMcKenney wrote:
eh completely random but uh were you at joyride riding a kona bass once? i was looking at your pics and you look familiar
i dont own a kona assuming this was directed at me i own a norco 4xxxx

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
RMcKenney wrote:
skinna wrote:
RMcKenney wrote:
I didn't ask what the difference between the forks is. I want to know what argyle parts are used to make a pargyle, since we have already established that the lowers are the exact same.
nothing technically

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:23 Quote
skinna wrote:
hendu wrote:
skinna wrote:

yea it was directed at you and i coulda sworn it was you lol red skinny jeans are hard to miss maybe it was a norco 4x i do not really remember just know it was a fully didn't pay much more attention than that edit it totally was you i must have been wrong about the bike but i know for sure after i saw that blue full face helmet

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:26 Quote
rokor wrote:
nujabe wrote:
In sorry almost 700 dollars don't justify this fork . Can get a fox for that much .. or a used 409 for half that .... also just because its DJ specific don't mean it should cost that much .

Fox Float MSRP is over 1000. 2009 Argyle 409 MSRP is 650. MSRP means nothing...

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:28 Quote
hendu wrote:
skinna wrote:
hendu wrote:
yea it was directed at you and i coulda sworn it was you lol red skinny jeans are hard to miss maybe it was a norco 4x i do not really remember just know it was a fully didn't pay much more attention than that edit it totally was you i must have been wrong about the bike but i know for sure after i saw that blue full face helmet
yep you are correct and you can see why i wear red skinnys gets u noticed

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
skinna wrote:
RMcKenney wrote:
skinna wrote:

nothing technically
exactly my point. a pagyle is nothing more than a pike with flashy painted lowers.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
RMcKenney wrote:
skinna wrote:
RMcKenney wrote:
nothing technically
exactly my point. a pagyle is nothing more than a pike with flashy painted lowers.
spot on Salute

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
I got my 36 float barely used for 550

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 16:22 Quote
hmmm, hopefully the solo air assembly and motion control on the rct are the same as the 409 and its just the uppers that have been revised. That way people with argyles that want something lighter can just buy the uppers slap in their 409 internals, and throw on the lowers. its likely different tho. Even still buying the rct uppers, possibly new moco, and possibly new solo air assembly, would probably only run around $400 which is much cheaper than the $700 MSRP... having said all that, it would be a bummer if the lowers were also different too

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 11:33 Quote
To be honest they are fricken amazing,my friend has pargayle and he prefers my forks (which is the argyle RCT) i belive that the forks will never brake untill the warrenty expires which is 2 years.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 18:26 Quote
dombaker wrote:
To be honest they are fricken amazing,my friend has pargayle and he prefers my forks (which is the argyle RCT) i belive that the forks will never brake untill the warrenty expires which is 2 years.

Does the lockout make it choppy? And any word on actual price paid...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016061
Mobile Version of Website