The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 16:12 Quote
Guess for me whistler is all about the mountain,the dome was fun for an afternoon but damn the trails are just all time.

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 22:35 Quote
Hello,

On June 7th, 2014 The Tim Jones Memorial Ride for Rescue is taking place at Cypress. In addition to the 17.5 km climb up Cypress Road, there will ALSO be an 11 km trail climb for Mountain Bikers! All proceeds are donated to North Shore Search and Rescue.

Some info on the bike ride...

- The Mountain Bike trail will involve the BLT and TransCanada Trails
- This is a timed ride (but with a non-competitive & fun vibe)
- This event is in its 4th year and is organized by the West Van Rotary (it has been a huge success the past years)
- You can enter as an individual or team
- There is a $50 registration fee
- Suggested $100 in pledges (tax receipt issued)

This is an awesome event to come out and show your support to North Shore Rescue! We are so excited to have a mountain bike trail as part of this event this year!!!

Please check out the website:

http://www.rotaryrideforrescue.org/

Please LIKE the facebook page to get updates:

https://www.facebook.com/RotaryRideforRescue

Please send me a message if you have any questions!

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 2:38 Quote
Hi Guys

What tyres you running this year for Whistler?

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 5:25 Quote
NOVEGREG wrote:
Hi Guys

Depends on weather, 2.4 Ardent rear DHF front in the super dry mid summer, DHF / DHF, or DHF / Big betty for the wet

the Ardent / DHF combo is probably one of my favorite bike park tire combo's IMO, But noticed a lot of people don't like ardents, I find them predictable for a rear tire in the dry, grippy enough in rocks, roots, and dust, And Their a pretty fast rolling tire.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 6:06 Quote
sidermang wrote:
NOVEGREG wrote:
Hi Guys

Depends on weather, 2.4 Ardent rear DHF front in the super dry mid summer, DHF / DHF, or DHF / Big betty for the wet

the Ardent / DHF combo is probably one of my favorite bike park tire combo's IMO, But noticed a lot of people don't like ardents, I find them predictable for a rear tire in the dry, grippy enough in rocks, roots, and dust, And Their a pretty fast rolling tire.
I've been running a 2.6 3c ardent on the back for a full season now. I love it. Doesn't pack with mud like most other tires do.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 6:17 Quote
on the tire topic I Gotta say, Out of all the tires I've ridden in whistler and locally there is one tire I'll never touch again with a 15 foot pole. The Kenda nexcavator, Garbage tire. I Literally had more grip riding the tire on the rim with a blown tube down from Half way down Original sin and lower Whistler DH into the village then when the tire actually held air with the tube in it. Worse Set Of tires in every condition I've ever tested... Have them hanging on the wall after a month of riding them cause I would feel bad giving them away to the poor fool who needs new tires.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 8:24 Quote
sidermang wrote:
NOVEGREG wrote:
Hi Guys

I run a 2.25 ardent as the front tire on my XC bike. Given how well it works on that bike I can only imagine the DH version is a great tire

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:23 Quote
I definitely had the best experience running HR2 3c front and back. Now trying out DHR2(ST) on the rear, works really well on the Shore, lets see how does it like the park!

No matter what tire though, get as much of a sidewall as you can, none of those "almost DH but hey I'm light" casings lasted me longer than a blink of an eye.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:33 Quote
I liked the DHR2 But I like the ardent and big betty better for a rear tire. I've been getting along with HR2 so far this winter, But not had any chance to ride anything other then mud and roots yet

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 18:54 Quote
DHF 2.5 and DHR 2.4 (both 3C). I have yet to find fault with these babies. Fast rolling and side knobs for days.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
mtbrider71 wrote:
tom666 wrote:
bcbud wrote:

Don't trust all u see on craigslist. Plenty of well documented scams for rentals in whistler. Be wary if they want cash before meeting you and you even seeing the place. Always good to plan to just be here so you can actually visit the places you are looking to rent then to get ripped off.

thanks for the heads up tup

NOTHING CHEAP IN WHISTLER

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
is the sampler ticket good for a trip up garbo? ( im assuming no)

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 17:20 Quote
stevil-1 wrote:
yeah it is, its three chair lift rides so three fitz or 1 fitz two garbo. doesn't really mater

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 19:35 Quote
bearclaw56 wrote:
stevil-1 wrote:
yeah it is, its three chair lift rides so three fitz or 1 fitz two garbo. doesn't really mater

Has this changed for this year? I know for a fact it was Fitz only last season, as we were turned away trying to get up there with my friend.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021767
Mobile Version of Website