Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Suspension SETUP, a 'how to' guide...
Posted: Mar 9, 2015 at 15:39 Quote
Yep, still run 25% for more dh style riding. If the fork bottoms out a lot adjust the damping, not the sag. Saying that i have no idea what sort of damping adjusters your fork has.

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 2:42 Quote
mikingle wrote:
Anyone using the db inline or used im looking at upgrading my fox evolution ctd and would like to hear from people using or who have used and their experience thanks in advance
or if anyone knows someone who is using one and has any feedback etc

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 4:22 Quote
mikingle wrote:
mikingle wrote:
Anyone using the db inline or used im looking at upgrading my fox evolution ctd and would like to hear from people using or who have used and their experience thanks in advance

A customer of mine bought one recently. Can't remember what he was replacing, something rockshox I think. He has been back 3 or 4 times in the last few months to tell me how great it is, how much more grip he has, how he flew up that tricky climb etc. Highly subjective feedback I know, but you did ask...

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
mikingle wrote:
mikingle wrote:
I've ridden one for a few good rides, it's a very cool shock. full adjustments on a shock without a resevoir. The downside is that the early runs have had pretty severe reliability issues.

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 11:15 Quote
i think they're past that now though? I believe those problems have been solved.

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
friendlyfoe wrote:
i think they're past that now though? I believe those problems have been solved.
i dont know, I've seen a lot of issues with the early ones though.

Hopefully they have been fixed because I'm getting a coworkers inline that is back from warranty. lol

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 16:59 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
Yep, still run 25% for more dh style riding. If the fork bottoms out a lot adjust the damping, not the sag. Saying that i have no idea what sort of damping adjusters your fork has.
Rebound and a DNA motion control compression damper, so not much

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 2:39 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
mikingle wrote:
mikingle wrote:

A customer of mine bought one recently. Can't remember what he was replacing, something rockshox I think. He has been back 3 or 4 times in the last few months to tell me how great it is, how much more grip he has, how he flew up that tricky climb etc. Highly subjective feedback I know, but you did ask...
thanks for the feedback as far as being past the issues is my thoughts also

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 21:42 Quote
Just purchased a 2014 lyrik rc2dh solo air 170mm. Fork was purchased new and put on my 2013 specialized enduro evo. I am having a hard time getting a 20% sag. If I use recommended psi from manufacturer it seems way too stiff and I'm getting like 10% sag. I weigh 200 geared up which they recommend setting at 85 psi. To get 20% sag I have to drop it Down to 65 psi which is the recommended pressure for someone weighing 160 Lbs. This seems like a pretty big difference and just wanted to get some advice. Also it feels like there is a lot of stiction too, will that go away when I break the fork in? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 21:43 Quote
Would you go for a bos deville or 2015 fox float 36?

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 22:59 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Would you go for a bos deville or 2015 fox float 36?
The Bos are supposed to out perform the Fox, but are a bitch to deal with service/repair wise in USA iirc.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2015 at 2:30 Quote
cheeverbrent wrote:
Just purchased a 2014 lyrik rc2dh solo air 170mm. Fork was purchased new and put on my 2013 specialized enduro evo. I am having a hard time getting a 20% sag. If I use recommended psi from manufacturer it seems way too stiff and I'm getting like 10% sag. I weigh 200 geared up which they recommend setting at 85 psi. To get 20% sag I have to drop it Down to 65 psi which is the recommended pressure for someone weighing 160 Lbs. This seems like a pretty big difference and just wanted to get some advice. Also it feels like there is a lot of stiction too, will that go away when I break the fork in? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
The recommended pressures can often be far off, I wouldn't worry about it excessively. Just try to go with 20% sag and bring your shock pump for first few rides and go from there.

The stiction could be caused by the fork being dry. Just about the biggest flaw with rockshox forks is they often come hardly lubed at all from the factory, so you may want to pull the lowers and put the proper amount of fluid in there, it's a super simple 5 minute job, and I'd recommend doing it with every new RockShox. Apart from that yes, the fork might have more friction in the lowers when it's new, it will definitely diminish to some extent, but it's unlikely to turn it from terrible to awesome, so whether it's an issue really depends mostly on how bad it is to start with.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2015 at 7:12 Quote
The recommended pressures can often be far off, I wouldn't worry about it excessively. Just try to go with 20% sag and bring your shock pump for first few rides and go from there.

The stiction could be caused by the fork being dry. Just about the biggest flaw with rockshox forks is they often come hardly lubed at all from the factory, so you may want to pull the lowers and put the proper amount of fluid in there, it's a super simple 5 minute job, and I'd recommend doing it with every new RockShox. Apart from that yes, the fork might have more friction in the lowers when it's new, it will definitely diminish to some extent, but it's unlikely to turn it from terrible to awesome, so whether it's an issue really depends mostly on how bad it is to start with.[/Quote]

Hey thanks for the info. I've done some research and from what you said and quite a few other people, I'll probably be changing out the oil. Thanks again!

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 at 13:33 Quote
Fox float x
Thinking of get one for my knolly chilcotin
Any good guys

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 at 20:07 Quote
Is there a way to calculate how Much sag a lighter spring will give me? I'm on mojo HD with 350lb spring and get 17mm (26%) currently. Want to get 33%. Tried spring calc but find them to be inaccurate as they don't take into account suspension design. Any help or your experience when going down in spring weight would be helpful. BTW I'm 143lbs

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012902
Mobile Version of Website