Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 6:30 Quote
Nearly completed just need a 20mm front hub and possibly a new headset
There ya go Smile

Edit: just put in the number, not the whole thing

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 10:25 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Charge262 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

Having ridden all 3 forks the 831 has easily the most flex. It also has a 15mm axle opposed to a 20mm one and is made of considerably less material. I think it's a fair assumption that the 831 is the weakest of the 3 forks. Not to say that it is weak, it's more than strong enough for 98% of riders - but it would be very surprising if it was stronger than one of the others considering there is much less to it.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. Argyles flex more than 831's.
I'm late here, but whatever.

it's not the 32mm stanchion size that makes the stiffness difference between the argyle and 831, it's the crown, there's a huge difference in size between them.

and dont forget that an 831 is just a lowered 32 float with a bigger price tag and a different shim stack. (or a pointless CTD damper if it's the new one)

edit: and this is un-called for: "So many false statements. (Mostly from nobble, because he's opinionated with no experience)"
I never give statements without experience, so please pull your head from your posterior.

Look at the 831 crown, then look at the 32 series crown. See those two hollowed out dimples on the top of the 32 series crown? Oh look they are missing on the 831. Guess what... Beefed up crown. And unless i am mistaken the price of a 831 is the same as the 32 RLC QR15, so the price is not inflated at all.

And then i can argue this point: The Argyle RCT is just a beefed up pike- a 10 year old design- with flashy paint and a tuned dampener.

Two can play this game, Nobble. Wink

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 10:36 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
Fightfightfight!

No...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-Consuela-meme-no-no.jpg

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 11:10 Quote
Violence is always the answer.

Michael Jai White has volunteered to fight on behalf of the Argyle RCT.

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:05 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.ridefox.com/img/product/bike/forks/2013-831-main.jpg

photo

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:23 Quote
Congratulations, new model 831 v 2008? 32. Want me to pull up a pic of a Psylo or something and compare that to an argyle?

Dude, whatever you say, i don't care. As far as i know (because you have no evidence) you have very little riding experience on either fork, so there is no point in you even arguing sides here.

Coming from someone that has owned (and put in over 100 hours of bails and nose cases, street park and dirt) on each platform: the 831 is as stiff as an argyle. End of. Riding an 831 round a car park does not give you any valid experience on which to draw your argument.

Put your head back up your posterior, and go sit in the corner, because you are annoying as hell. Wink

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:28 Quote
Good to know. Still does not relate to anything. 2011+ 32's have recessed sections in the crown.

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:31 Quote
I am pretty sure they have different internals, don't they?

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:31 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
Good to know. Still does not relate to anything. 2011+ 32's have recessed sections in the crown.
the 831 came out in 2010. it's the same as the 2010 32...

compared to the current 32's it might appear beefed up but I reckon they've just slimmed down the 32 since the inception of the 831

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 12:32 Quote
mob-status wrote:
I am pretty sure they have different internals, don't they?
technically, yes.

but as far as }I'm aware it's just a higher compression shimstack, something most people could do in their garage.

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 at 16:03 Quote
The 831 crown was based on the beefier 32mm x 150 travel fork not the shorter travel 32mm - I believe I read somewhere

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024090
Mobile Version of Website