Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
Thought this bike deserved its own thread. Post up yours!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
photo

XXL XO1 build w/ Stamp 7 pedals and RaceFace SixC bars.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
XL "S" air shock build. This thing is a machine, very impressed with it so far. Maybe being 6'2" and fit helps but I am blown away with how playful this thing is, combined with it's ability to devour chunk. Also surprising climber for not really being a very light bike.

MegaTower GX build.
photo
photo

O+ FL
Posted: May 3, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
Yeah, I was a little worried it was only going come alive when pointed downhill at high speeds but you're right, it's actually really playful.

O+ FL
Posted: May 22, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
Following to see how people like their Megatowers. I'm definitely planning on replacing my V2 Bronson with one eventually.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
Just got my frame today ready to build. How do you flip the chip on the lower link? It shipped in low and want to try high first.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
jimmy650b wrote:
Just got my frame today ready to build. How do you flip the chip on the lower link? It shipped in low and want to try high first.

I would just take the shock off, it is way easier. Apparently it is possible to do it with it on but it seems easier to just pop off the two shock bolts. After you take the shock off just flip both of the "chips" and tighten her back up.

O+ FL
Posted: May 24, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
I was able to flip the chip with the shock still on the bike. You need something to hold the nut side chip in (a plastic lever or painter's tape works).

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
Cool thanks, will have a play

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
jimmy650b wrote:
Cool thanks, will have a play

Got it swapped over without having to deflate shock. Was a bit of a faff but managed it. Wouldn't want to try that on the trail, it was fiddly enough on the stand, frame only. I suspect it will be in the high/short setting forever more now.

I got the long and short chainstays and 1 break post adapter. It mentions 2 post adapters for the break in the tech sheet. Should I have got another in the kit?

O+ FL
Posted: May 25, 2019 at 4:03 Quote
I got 4 derailleur hangers (2 each).

FL
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
Got a Bronson V3 almost a year ago and love it, but the Megatower will likely be its replacement next year. Looks good!

FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
photo

My new muddy custom Megatower. loving it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 2:33 Quote
The grease port on the lower link looks to be a bit of a faff to get to. It only looks accessible by either letting the air out of the shock and compressing the suspension that way or disconnecting the shock at one end. Does that sound right or am I just not looking at it the right way?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
jimmy29 wrote:
The grease port on the lower link looks to be a bit of a faff to get to. It only looks accessible by either letting the air out of the shock and compressing the suspension that way or disconnecting the shock at one end. Does that sound right or am I just not looking at it the right way?

Every SC I have owned has been that way. Let air out or unbolt on end of shock, rotate to access.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015259
Mobile Version of Website