Powered by Outside

Coil shock faceoff

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
DHX2 vs DVO Jade vs MRP Hazard vs DB coil—who ya got and why?

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 17:01 Quote
I got a DVO Jade because it was cheap. It’s a slurpy sounding shock but rides pretty damn well on the downhill. It bobs up the hill pretty badly even with some low speed damping. The Jade X has a climb switch which would probably solve that issue...

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 17:47 Quote
Is EXT an option?

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 17:54 Quote
They’re all an option. Any coil is welcome in the face off

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
Has anyone ridden the EXT? What about Ohlins? How do those two stack up?

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:53 Quote
I've been on an EXT Arma for over a year and it's much better than anything else I've tried. Haven't had a chance to test other "exotics", such as Push or Fast.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
Avalanche piggy is bar none the best bang for your buck, unless you desperately want a climb switch.

DVO would follow as their products are fantastic and customer service is hands down the best I've ever personally encountered pretty much anywhere. Those guys f*cking rule. I just wish their parts weren't green

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
Not much difference between dhx2 and öhlins ttx22. Öhlins has less but more noticable difference between knobs. Downside is that the spare parts are harder to find and my experience is that even many dealers dont understand the difference between, for example, different springs öhlins produce. Also they have very weard sized eyelets on some of their rear shocks which makes it harder to find hardwares when they are worn out.

At the moment, I have ext storia lok v3. Ok, its custom tuned so not as good comparison but definitely the best of those three. It is really hard to descripe the feeling of it. The rear shock travel feels like it has no ”limits” on my 150mm rear travel enduro bike.

Also it looks fancy AF

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
I've got the Hazzard and love it on my GG Smash. Works really well without much fuss. What bike is it going on?

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
Marzocchi Bomber , available in pretty much any size, almost all shops can service them, parts are easy to get, its a killer shock and the price is unbeatable! plus now they are owned by fox so customer service is good and quality too!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 16:13 Quote
Cura wrote:
Not much difference between dhx2 and öhlins ttx22. Öhlins has less but more noticable difference between knobs. Downside is that the spare parts are harder to find and my experience is that even many dealers dont understand the difference between, for example, different springs öhlins produce. Also they have very weard sized eyelets on some of their rear shocks which makes it harder to find hardwares when they are worn out.

At the moment, I have ext storia lok v3. Ok, its custom tuned so not as good comparison but definitely the best of those three. It is really hard to descripe the feeling of it. The rear shock travel feels like it has no ”limits” on my 150mm rear travel enduro bike.

Also it looks fancy AF
And after springs the price is really close.
Im wanting to have one made a 165x45 trunnion.
I was wondering if you could give me a measurement from center of top eyelet/trunnion to the front off the controls.

Mine will be mounted inverse like on a scott spark. So limited room in the frame pocket.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
I was putting feelers out with my 2020 Norco Sight in mind. After talking to Norco, though, they suggest staying with air shocks—they said that some of their guys have tried coils and didn’t feel like the change was really worth it. Anyone have similar or different experiences?

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 16:31 Quote
The motion ratio of the new Norco Sight is moderately progressive. It's not a bad candidate for a coil.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 1:42 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Cura wrote:

Also it looks fancy AF
And after springs the price is really close.
Im wanting to have one made a 165x45 trunnion.
I was wondering if you could give me a measurement from center of top eyelet/trunnion to the front off the controls.

Mine will be mounted inverse like on a scott spark. So limited room in the frame pocket.

I can but just on monday. If someone could help you out earlier here. Although I can tell you that this shock upper body is tad smaller than dhx2 and x2 for example. The piggy pack is not reaching out as much from the main body as with aforementioned.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009254
Mobile Version of Website