Nobody likes an EMTB?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Nobody likes an EMTB?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
C'mon, Pinkbike! How about a little Cheater Love!

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 14:33 Quote
DCErik wrote:
did you write this while riding the chair lift?

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
DCErik wrote:

Probably wrote it after shuttling up his ride! Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 13:46 Quote
armeniandave wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
DCErik wrote:

Probably wrote it after shuttling up his ride! Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Had someone tell me I was cheating when they passed by me on the climb up the forestry service road while they were shuttling in the back of a pick up truck....lol SMH

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
Yep that kinda stuff is funny as, on FB most comments are always from people who are jealous or cant afford it, they preach the "earn your turns" blah blah,
Most guys I see who are super fit and complain about ebikes are the ones that take the blue trail that's really a green on the way down.
Theres an XC rider at work who just hates ebikes... he also rides motocross... he initially never let on about MX but when we found out we gave him so much crap he now never talks about bikes lol

I just ride MTB for fun and my ebike makes it more fun.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
I'm not a fan of the E machine, mainly from the enviornmental aspect of battery
and production, waste etc, whilst I'm able to use my limbs will happily pedal on,
though not to say in my later life, I may have to resort to the disability aid : )

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
Absolutely love my Levo. So far most of the people I have come across on the trails have had no problems with it. Only one hateful remark. Just laughed at the guy and passed him on a steep technical climb . Oh. I'm no beginner either. Been riding all types of mountain bikes for over 27 years. XC, trail, tons of DH. Love them all.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
I ride all kinds of bikes too and when people say there cheating
I have to laugh at the hypocrisy. All advancements so far have
been called cheating. Gears, disc brakes, suspension, etc. have
all changed the game for bikes over the years and always a group
of so called diehards say it's cheating. These are generally snobs
and don't look at the overall big picture.

I'll ride my DJ, mountain, eBike, and beach cruiser and all are
real bikes with a different purpose. Doesn't make one better
than another and no need to put one down because I'm on
the other.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
and production, waste etc, whilst I'm able to use my limbs will happily pedal on,
though not to say in my later life, I may have to resort to the disability aid : )

Can’t really argue with that, but I’ll point out that you probably don’t don’t have any issues with using a cell phone or laptop. All of which use batteries and probably account for more landfill waste then ebikes.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
muddytreker wrote:

Can’t really argue with that, but I’ll point out that you probably don’t don’t have any issues with using a cell phone or laptop. All of which use batteries and probably account for more landfill waste then ebikes.

I wouldn't say probably I'd say 100% definitely! This is the hypocrisy I talked about.
Calling eBikes disability aides while chatting on there many devices that use batteries!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
DCErik wrote:

Sorry about the late return, and that my post was misconstrued. I'm a "Cheater", too, having built a homebrew BBSHD trail bike and a rear-hub drive e-kickbike last Summer. I was just surprised that there was nothing in the ebike forum here when I posted. Like, nothing. Glad there are some posts now!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 19:58 Quote
It’s all about having fun ???????? Everyone just needs to shut up and ride haha Smile I had this guy ask me if I was on an EMTB and I was like yeah bro. And he’s like, “ well I don’t agree with it “ I had to just look at him and go, this isn’t a f*cking debate haha i don’t get the anti fun squad

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
Mcrdsd911 wrote:
It’s all about having fun ???????? Everyone just needs to shut up and ride haha Smile I had this guy ask me if I was on an EMTB and I was like yeah bro. And he’s like, “ well I don’t agree with it “ I had to just look at him and go, this isn’t a f*cking debate haha i don’t get the anti fun squad

That's why they have boost mode, to leave haters in the dust.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Mcrdsd911 wrote:

I was passed by a peloton in spandex a couple months back on the W&OD rail trail. First guy was like, 'Nice bike! You build it?' Last guy was like, 'Isn't that cheating?' Classic 'bringing up the rear' mentality IMO.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
Haha yeah it’s ridiculous

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011460
Mobile Version of Website