Powered by Outside

Devinci Marhall 2021

PB Forum :: Devinci
Devinci Marhall 2021
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Did Devinci Bikes just bamboozle the MTB market. With the launch of the 2021 Marshall sending it to market with a price tag of $2599.00 that could get the entry level rider on to the trails with the confidence of a great bike underneath their feet. Bike shops everywhere taking in orders and deposit for what could be the bestselling entry level bike on the market right now. BUT wait just as you are looking forward to new bike day you receive a email for your local shop that reads like this. We have some bad news...Devinci held out as long as possible but on March 1st they are doing a price increase to factor the increased shipping costs that everyone is incurring.
I have adjusted your layaway accordingly as the bikes will not arrive before March 1st and therefore we will be subject to the price increase. The factor of shipping is another $200.00 per unit. Now that bring the new bike total up to $2799.00.
Is it really the shipping factor or is it about supply and demand and Devinci took notes and adjusted accordingly to the market. The Devinic web site still advertise a price of $2599.00. Maybe Devinci Website department should change the price first before letting their dealer known. Don’t get me wrong that’s still a great price market for the Marshall but I think Devinci did it wrong.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 20:10 Quote
metz07icloud wrote:
Did Devinci Bikes just bamboozle the MTB market. With the launch of the 2021 Marshall sending it to market with a price tag of $2599.00 that could get the entry level rider on to the trails with the confidence of a great bike underneath their feet. Bike shops everywhere taking in orders and deposit for what could be the bestselling entry level bike on the market right now. BUT wait just as you are looking forward to new bike day you receive a email for your local shop that reads like this. We have some bad news...Devinci held out as long as possible but on March 1st they are doing a price increase to factor the increased shipping costs that everyone is incurring.
I have adjusted your layaway accordingly as the bikes will not arrive before March 1st and therefore we will be subject to the price increase. The factor of shipping is another $200.00 per unit. Now that bring the new bike total up to $2799.00.
Is it really the shipping factor or is it about supply and demand and Devinci took notes and adjusted accordingly to the market. The Devinic web site still advertise a price of $2599.00. Maybe Devinci Website department should change the price first before letting their dealer known. Don’t get me wrong that’s still a great price market for the Marshall but I think Devinci did it wrong.

Tough to say but they’ll sell all of them anyway. Two weeks after I bought my wife’s Liv the price increased $300.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 23:16 Quote
metz07icloud wrote:

I thought the Marshall was $2000 to begin with, not $2599?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
$2299 on their site.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 7:12 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
$2299 on their site.
Looks like Devinci updated the website and now reads $2799.00/CAD

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
pumpjumpnflow wrote:
metz07icloud wrote:

The $2599.00 is in Canadian dollars sorry should of put that in the quote.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
metz07icloud wrote:
pumpjumpnflow wrote:
metz07icloud wrote:

The $2599.00 is in Canadian dollars sorry should of put that in the quote.

That what I was initially thinking. The thing is, every other bike manufacture has raised prices - including direct to consumer brands - so even though the Marshall is now slightly more expensive, it still sits in the same position in the market. It's just a unfortunate result of the pandemic.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
Well, I got my Troy frame and the shop ate the increase. Not impressed with Devinci delaying the shipping to get the increase applied.

I love their bikes but if they ran their business end better they’d likely sell more bikes.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 17:24 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Well, I got my Troy frame and the shop ate the increase. Not impressed with Devinci delaying the shipping to get the increase applied.

I love their bikes but if they ran their business end better they’d likely sell more bikes.

You realize that they've sold every bike that they've made for 2021 right? Zero available for dealers to order.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

You realize that they've sold every bike that they've made for 2021 right? Zero available for dealers to order.

I can’t blame them for the price increase as the lack of supply hurts but don’t notify you’re shipping end of Feb and then ship on the 1st when your price increase takes affect. If it’s ordered the day before the price increase you should get the price that day. For the record, there wasn’t zero bikes to order since I got mine. Granted, it’s a frame and I may have gotten the last large one they had in stock. I was surprised.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 20:31 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
jbrown-15 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

I can’t blame them for the price increase as the lack of supply hurts but don’t notify you’re shipping end of Feb and then ship on the 1st when your price increase takes affect. If it’s ordered the day before the price increase you should get the price that day. For the record, there wasn’t zero bikes to order since I got mine. Granted, it’s a frame and I may have gotten the last large one they had in stock. I was surprised.

There has been zero bikes and frames available for order in Canada for over a month. If your dealer didn't have a booking in place for a certain model they can't get one now or even for the past month or two.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:
jbrown-15 wrote:

There has been zero bikes and frames available for order in Canada for over a month. If your dealer didn't have a booking in place for a certain model they can't get one now or even for the past month or two.

I think they likely had the frame on order and when I asked they had it coming in. Lucked out. Building it tonight.

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 12:57 Quote
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have a deposit on one and this gives me a bad feeling. Hope they honour the original price that I put a deposit on. If not, I may go else where, just cause.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 21:26 Quote
I have can pick up the Marshall in April in my size to compliment my Gen 2 Process 153 27.5. Anyone wager tk guess how this bike will perform? Maybe overfork to 150mm and have an aggressive trail bike? Or a cheap 29er experiment for a short person. I would probably pixk up the XS, maybe S.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 19:41 Quote
Got mine, but haven’t changed anything from stock yet. I have a Lyrik waiting for it. Gonna try putting on a 210x52.5 shock too. There’s clearance for another 12mm at least.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010680
Mobile Version of Website