Transition Spire - new long travel 29er

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 1:12 Quote
Hi guys,

I hope you are doing well!

Have you saw new Transition Spire, do you have any photos and info about geo, frame etc.

It looks like long travel bike, something like 160-170 on the rear and it is 29er.

I have found 2 pictures on Vital mtb but not sure is there any more pictures, so if you have please upload here.

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
Brdjanin wrote:
Hi guys,

I hope you are doing well!

Have you saw new Transition Spire, do you have any photos and info about geo, frame etc.

It looks like long travel bike, something like 160-170 on the rear and it is 29er.

I have found 2 pictures on Vital mtb but not sure is there any more pictures, so if you have please upload here.

June 3rd the embargo gets lifted, so 48 hrs or so to wait

I do wonder about the Spire and the need for a 170/170 29er

You can get that today with a Cascade link and new air spring.....even if it does have adjustable geometry the likelihood of changing it is more like a one and done

https://scontent.fyvr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/192922379_481154512957493_1177633592342996284_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=i1NLy5YsOzsAX9MIFrW&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.fna&oh=5d110cef5cf6c798c4738e3d0804f36c&oe=60DD7471

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 1:56 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2a10RXxkds

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
I broke down and ordered an alloy frame in orange. I've been loving my Marin Alpine Trail (we are a Marin dealer) and have it dialed but it's time for a Transition. I wanted a Smuggler forever but my Banshee Phantom fills that role.

My plan is to short stroke the bike to 160 F and R. I have a CC Kitsuma coil that I can travel swap and will keep my Helm MK2 at 160 up front. A Zeb would be cool but honestly the Helm has spoiled me with its plushness.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
I dig this bike. Out of the box its a big bike but has a lot of options to steepen the head tube angle, run different wheel sizes, shorten travel numbers. Anyone see frame weights anywhere yet?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
I dig this bike. Out of the box its a big bike but has a lot of options to steepen the head tube angle, run different wheel sizes, shorten travel numbers. Anyone see frame weights anywhere yet?

Have not seen any frame only weights anywhere yet. However, I feel like if you are planning on getting this bike weight is probably not something you care about. The thing is huge. Full builds will be 34+ lbs. Something I like personally.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
hukriede wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Have not seen any frame only weights anywhere yet. However, I feel like if you are planning on getting this bike weight is probably not something you care about. The thing is huge. Full builds will be 34+ lbs. Something I like personally.

Oh yeah for sure. My current Ripmo AF build weighs 37lbs. I really wonder about the Sentinel sometimes too though. Just wish it had MX capability

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
hukriede wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

Oh yeah for sure. My current Ripmo AF build weighs 37lbs. I really wonder about the Sentinel sometimes too though. Just wish it had MX capability

I mean it technically does have MX capability, but you'll have to deal with that even slacker HTA and lower BB, but theoretically you could do it. I personally think unless you are a very very short rider or have problems buzzing your ass on the rear tire, that a MX setup is no better than full 29er. Kinda think its a fad for the regular trail rider that will eventually fade away. Will probably stick around in the UCI DH circuit though.

FL
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Pics from Transition Official web page:

Spire Carbon

Huckleberry
photo

Primer Gray
photo

Spire Alloy

Factory Orange
photo

Raw
photo

Frames
photo

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
[/Quote]Oh yeah for sure. My current Ripmo AF build weighs 37lbs. I really wonder about the Sentinel sometimes too though. Just wish it had MX capability[/Quote]

What am I missing? Why not just get a Patrol?

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
mastashake wrote:
Oh yeah for sure. My current Ripmo AF build weighs 37lbs. I really wonder about the Sentinel sometimes too though. Just wish it had MX capability[/Quote]

What am I missing? Why not just get a Patrol?[/Quote]

I like options. I don't want to be tied to MX always

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
mastashake wrote:

What am I missing? Why not just get a Patrol?[/Quote]

I like options. I don't want to be tied to MX always[/Quote]

You're not. If you look into it you can un-mullet the Patrol. One of my mechanics is already planning his 27.5 version.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 15:24 Quote
mastashake wrote:
You're not. If you look into it you can un-mullet the Patrol. One of my mechanics is already planning his 27.5 version.

Ah yeah full 27.5, I knew that but it won't do full 29.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
Local shops around here are getting carbon Spires in stock (Vancouver BC). No Patrols yet.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 18:18 Quote
My LBS has multiple Medium carbon Spires in stock as well. XT and GX builds, both colors. They are coming. They have had a couple of Patrols in already as well. In Oregon US.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010269
Mobile Version of Website