Powered by Outside

V2 sentinel with cascade link

PB Forum :: Transition
V2 sentinel with cascade link
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 20:59 Quote
I am seriously considering the cascade link. Can anyone provide feedback on the link on the V2 sentinel and if it is worth the money.

Posted: Feb 27, 2022 at 22:37 Quote
Interested in this as well.

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 14:49 Quote
Fluidworks wrote:
Interested in this as well.

Also interested!

O+
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 22:11 Quote
cgaches wrote:
I am seriously considering the cascade link. Can anyone provide feedback on the link on the V2 sentinel and if it is worth the money.

I personally think it is worth the money and enjoy mine. I noticed more small bump sensitivity (I have a carbon v2 sentinel with a rock Shox super deluxe) but more bob when pedaling. I don't pedal much, I don't like pedaling, so this isn't a big complaint. I have taken the bike to Snowmass, Trestle, Moab, Windrock, and all over Northwest Arkansas/Southwest Missouri and it has performed great. If you buy the cascade link and don't like it, you can always sell it on the T.O.S.S. group (Transition Owners Facebook group) for slightly less than you bought it for, and then you aren't out that much money.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
Agreed, definitely significant improvement to small bump, bottom resistance, etc, but a bit of a pedaling penalty.

I install mine when I go to the park and use the native link for normal trail riding (both with coil shock, 375 lbs & 450 lbs).

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
cgaches wrote:

Why are you considering this? Which shock do you run?

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
Have been on one for a few weeks now. Had a coil before it and went back to cascade with air. Definitely takes a hit pedaling, but I was able to decrease sag from 30% to 26-27%, which keeps the pedaling mostly how it was before and still maintains more small bump compliance. I also added a bit of LSC to the shock to combat the pedal bob associated with the link

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
Interested in this - I don’t mind my standard v2 sentinel alloy with air but I find I’m running it quite hard to avoid mid stroke wallowing. This effects small bump plushness quite a lot.

Tried coil and it sorts out small bump and mid range - everything except drops where I’ve been bottoming out. Best setup so far is a 450-550 progressive spring but it feels quite ‘2-stage’ which I guess it is.

So I’m going to try a cascade link with a standard spring on my coil shock - got 450 and got a 500lb Valt spring arriving soon.

The 2 shocks I have are a Float X Performance Elite can came with the frame and a Cane Creek Kitsuma Coil. My experience so far is that the Kitsuma seems to need a heavier spring than other people seem to be using on different coil shocks - particularly ext with the hydraulic bottom out.

Just ordered stroke reducing spacers for the float x and trying to source the same for the Kitsuma coil as the alloy sentinel needs as 57.5mm stroke shock with the cascade link - rather than the standard 62.5mm.

Hoping with the coil I have all I have now but with more botttom out resistance. Would be perfect. No idea how it’s go with the air as it already avoids bottom out there - I’ve just got the standard tokens in the shock so maybe I could remove those?

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 22:10 Quote
I have a v.2 alloy sentinel with ohlins coil shock. Thinking about running a cascade link with the coil. Do I need to run stiffer spring if I run the cascade link?

Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 3:24 Quote
I think you do yes - to get the sag you want. Effectively you’re getting more travel out of a shorter stroke - on the alloy sentinel you need to shorten your shock stroke to 57.5mm with the cascade link. I assume if you don’t you get contact somewhere.

I haven’t clicked go on the cascade link yet / just running my new 500lb spring on the standard link and so far it feels good and haven’t bottomed it yet.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
waltermcgee wrote:
I have a v.2 alloy sentinel with ohlins coil shock. Thinking about running a cascade link with the coil. Do I need to run stiffer spring if I run the cascade link?

yes. cascade has spring rate recommendations on their site. i ended up with +100lbs spring rate moving to cascade with coil

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
JoeBristol wrote:
I think you do yes - to get the sag you want. Effectively you’re getting more travel out of a shorter stroke - on the alloy sentinel you need to shorten your shock stroke to 57.5mm with the cascade link. I assume if you don’t you get contact somewhere.

I haven’t clicked go on the cascade link yet / just running my new 500lb spring on the standard link and so far it feels good and haven’t bottomed it yet.

Hopefully you can update us with the CC install. Want to know if you can get away with a 62.5 stroke on the alloy sentinel frame with the cc link(I'm on a large).
I also had a kitsuma coil(was able to run 65 stroke no problem) on mine. Was using 500, 550 progressive coils and was bottoming out the shock on simple trails... I'm 91kg kitted and the recommended spring was 400-450lb linear. I'm back on the float x and it's a solid shock, might jump on the cascade link soon.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
Davidt93 wrote:
JoeBristol wrote:

Hopefully you can update us with the CC install. Want to know if you can get away with a 62.5 stroke on the alloy sentinel frame with the cc link(I'm on a large).
I also had a kitsuma coil(was able to run 65 stroke no problem) on mine. Was using 500, 550 progressive coils and was bottoming out the shock on simple trails... I'm 91kg kitted and the recommended spring was 400-450lb linear. I'm back on the float x and it's a solid shock, might jump on the cascade link soon.

I’m on a large carbon sentinel with Ohlins coil and CC link. 62.5 shock stroke and I have no contact if that matters at all to you.

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
Still just using the standard linkage with the 500lb spring at the moment. Haven’t bottomed it yet - I’m thinking this might do the job - saving me £350 or whatever the Cascade link costs.

Have actually shortened the stroke on the float x already - if I have any long xc pedals I may switch that back on and use it with 140mm travel.

Kitsuma feels lovely on what I’ve ridden so far on it. Need to find some bigger drops to test it further.

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2023 at 16:18 Quote
Does anyone know if the rock shock SD ultimate will fit on the V2 carbon with cascade link?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010226
Mobile Version of Website