Powered by Outside

Banshee getting hate

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Banshee getting hate
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 6:31 Quote
Ive been looking through alot of these forums and it seems the only thing that people can agree on is their hate towards banshee. Now i know they arnt the prettiest bike but i know for a fact that, if done right, they can look sexy af. Is there somthing else about them?

FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 8:31 Quote
Love my Banshee. Still on a 2013 Rune V2 and not only is it still a beast on the downhills with an angleset, the frame is bulletproof.

FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
seankdebree wrote:
Love my Banshee. Still on a 2013 Rune V2 and not only is it still a beast on the downhills with an angleset, the frame is bulletproof.

Lol same. Im on a 2016 banshee rune. Little small but i love it. Looking to upgrade tho

Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 11:27 Quote
d-dog123 wrote:
seankdebree wrote:

Lol same. Im on a 2016 banshee rune. Little small but i love it. Looking to upgrade tho

This is the first bad thing I've heard about Banshee. I must not have dug around the forums enough...

I have 26 inch 2016 darkside that I love.

FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 12:19 Quote
robito wrote:
d-dog123 wrote:
seankdebree wrote:

This is the first bad thing I've heard about Banshee. I must not have dug around the forums enough...

I have 26 inch 2016 darkside that I love.

Yeah, i have no problem with them but other people do.

Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 13:02 Quote
Even the name Banshee doesn't imply beauty or sexiness so not sure what people are expecting. LOL
"The Banshee was usually described as ugly elderly women dressed in white or grey with long silver hair, and occasionally took the form of a crow, stoat, hare or weasel – typical animals associated with witchcraft in Ireland."

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2023 at 19:58 Quote
i have heard a lot more people love on banshees rather than hate. especially those who’ve ridden one. not sure what forums
you’re reading.

FL
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 7:59 Quote
frigofff wrote:
i have heard a lot more people love on banshees rather than hate. especially those who’ve ridden one. not sure what forums
you’re reading.

im on like "Post sexy am/enduro" They hate the look i guess

Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 9:08 Quote
Dealer here; definitely not a bike for everyone, but the perfect bike for some. It won't be as feature-rich or flashy as most other mainstream brands, and being frame only doesn't help with value either.

What it will provide is a bulletproof platform to huck anything you want while remaining a dead simple bike to maintain over time. For that reason alone, I love them, and my customers do too. I don't sell them to people who want a trail bike to keep up with their friends. I sell them to the guy who sends the stairs in front of the shop.

I'm trying to not be too much of a shill here, but their "real bikes for real riders" statement could not be more true in my eyes.

FL
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 10:02 Quote
benskoning wrote:
Dealer here; definitely not a bike for everyone, but the perfect bike for some. It won't be as feature-rich or flashy as most other mainstream brands, and being frame only doesn't help with value either.

What it will provide is a bulletproof platform to huck anything you want while remaining a dead simple bike to maintain over time. For that reason alone, I love them, and my customers do too. I don't sell them to people who want a trail bike to keep up with their friends. I sell them to the guy who sends the stairs in front of the shop.

I'm trying to not be too much of a shill here, but their "real bikes for real riders" statement could not be more true in my eyes.

i completly agree. As i said before, i have a old rune. i love it. i actually reached out to see if anyone had one in a size larger. I is amazing. Rode it at Shepard Mountain Mo and it rocked.

Posted: Jan 17, 2023 at 2:20 Quote
Banshee v3 rune here. THE best bike I've had. Not a light bike by any stretch. But on the downs it's so precise and solid. Mind you the 170mm zeb doesn't help with weight.

FL
Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 6:12 Quote
Banshees are amazing. Had my legend for 10 years. Indestructible and rode like a dream. My only problem is they haven o 170-180mm enduro bike. If i was still looking for a DH bike I'd get the new legend

Posted: Jan 27, 2023 at 6:42 Quote
spaced wrote:
Banshees are amazing. Had my legend for 10 years. Indestructible and rode like a dream. My only problem is they haven o 170-180mm enduro bike. If i was still looking for a DH bike I'd get the new legend

Don't own a banshee myself, although I would love to demo a prime or a titan, but from what I saw, the titan feel way more than 150mm travel in the rear.
This guy alos managed to get his titan to 160mm rear travel by using offset bushing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkU9f6QGMkg

Maybe Banshee will update the titan in the near future with more travel.

FL
Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 5:23 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
spaced wrote:

Don't own a banshee myself, although I would love to demo a prime or a titan, but from what I saw, the titan feel way more than 150mm travel in the rear.
This guy alos managed to get his titan to 160mm rear travel by using offset bushing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkU9f6QGMkg

Maybe Banshee will update the titan in the near future with more travel.

They do because they hav a lot of rearward travel but it's a bit different to the legend and I'd still want something with more travel to save me from my dumb mistakes. I'm not looking for plush travel but for "save my ass" travel. Also Titan needs a bit updated geo. I know the numbers I need. Basically a YT Capra Large with 0.5 slacker ha. 5-10mm longer CS and Mullet wheels. 170mm with Banshee or Giant Susp and Banshee durability.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2023 at 21:33 Quote
Once they sort out the seat tubes so there’s deeper insertion they’ll be on my list. I’d l love to try one out!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012526
Mobile Version of Website