Powered by Outside

2023 Transition Smuggler... is it real?

PB Forum :: Transition
2023 Transition Smuggler... is it real?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2023 at 8:58 Quote
Anyone else find themselves refreshing Pinkbike every morning feening for an announcement/review of the rumored 2023 Transition Smuggler like some sort of mountain bike crackhead?

It's usually the first thing I do when I wake up every morning. I might have a problem... Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2023 at 14:12 Quote
Where's my carbon Smuggler?

Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 15:17 Quote
Anyone watching the MTBR thread?

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/2023-smuggler.1209135/
photo

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 29, 2023 at 10:55 Quote
I had heard rumblings about it. Couple interesting things I notice from that photo though...Rear brake hose is routed through the frame and there's no routing at all for a derailleur cable. Understand this is a prototype I suppose, but it sure looks like they are close to releasing with a "prototype" frame looking that nice.... I would also be interested in getting one once they release it. Currently have a Spur, but something a touch bigger would be nice to pair with my enduro bike.

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 9:08 Quote
Been waiting ever so patiently for this one. Gonna pair this with a relay so could be an expensive year!

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2023 at 14:31 Quote
That photo also shows no more trunnion mount tup

Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 23:25 Quote
Someone over on the MTBR forum apparently peeped some release info. It's getting close it seems.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 9:42 Quote
Based on geo/suspension rumors, does anyone think the smuggler would compliment the sentinel if I were to add a cascade link, and coil shock to make it more on the enduro side? I currently got a stock sentinel setup and starting to want a shorter travel trail bike for my trails closer to home (mid tn) and the sentinel for my park trips and occasional ride here.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2023 at 16:39 Quote
I'd say so yea. If you just had a regular Sentinel I would say no, mainly because you can short stroke the Sentinel and get close to the Smuggler. However, if you're making it into a "super Sentinel" then I think the Smuggler would be great to pair with it. You can always make the Smuggler ride lighter with a nice set of trail/xc casing tires and rim choice. I'll probably be getting a Smuggler to compliment my RM Altitude, similar bike to the Sentinel.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 15:11 Quote
I had a spur and now own a sentinel and have been looking for something in the middle. A new smuggler could be pretty prime especially if it had in frame storage and came out in the sub 30lb region.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 16:36 Quote
I was told today from a. Transition dealer that new smuggler should be released very soon and will be 140mm up front and 130mm rear but didn't have anymore details. He said it's meant to bridge the gap between a sentinel and a spur.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 19:26 Quote
Hold on to yer Butts.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 8:50 Quote
photo

No details, but it looks great

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 10:51 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/transitionbikecompany/

The album is ready!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013018
Mobile Version of Website