PB Forum :: Ibis
HD6 Thread
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jun 27, 2023 at 10:08 Quote
https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/hd6

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 12:42 Quote
Has anybody ridden this bike? How is it? I'm curious if with the efficiency that I've felt on Ibis bikes before if this wouldn't be one of the best all rounder big enduro bikes out there? Would it be playful. Would climbs on this be easier than say on a 150/160 trail bike? or would it still feel sluggish due to the extra suspension travel? would love to hear how people are getting along with their and what they came from

FL
Posted: Sep 19, 2023 at 17:48 Quote
For sure the most progressive bike Ibis has ever made.
No long clevis or coil worries with this one!

https://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/search?q=hd6

Only concerns are the bushings and 55mm chain line with a 148 boost rear end.
Everything else looks killer, including the green/black fade!

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 22, 2023 at 10:25 Quote
So- if there were others curious... I bought this bike. I'm 4 rides in and very impressed. It feels fast. It's a big bike for sure, but doesn't feel cumbersome at all. Geo is very manageable and feels planted and responsive to input. So far I am very impressed.

I haven't done any timed testing, but this thing doesn't feel like a slouch on the climbs either.

Posted: Sep 24, 2023 at 18:32 Quote
Daray wrote:
So- if there were others curious... I bought this bike. I'm 4 rides in and very impressed. It feels fast. It's a big bike for sure, but doesn't feel cumbersome at all. Geo is very manageable and feels planted and responsive to input. So far I am very impressed.

I haven't done any timed testing, but this thing doesn't feel like a slouch on the climbs either.

Thanks for the quick review. How does the compare to your Spire?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 24, 2023 at 19:14 Quote
I don’t know if this will be helpful or not but it feels similar in the sense of it’s a very nimble long travel bike- but it feels much more agile.

My spire was alloy and I ran a 190mm fox 40- it was a beast to ride on anything but downhill it was slacker and longer and had the 29” rear wheel.

I’m a big fan of the mixed wheels. I’d say this bike is less of a plow bike than the spire but it’s still very stable in the chunk.

It also feels like a dream in the air and the corners and I like the slightly shorter reach and higher stack than the spire had. But everyone has a different ideal geo.

Kram83 wrote:
Daray wrote:

Thanks for the quick review. How does the compare to your Spire?

Posted: Oct 7, 2023 at 17:29 Quote
My HD6 is coming in next week.
Last bike was a scor 4060 which I hated. lol.

Posted: Oct 7, 2023 at 18:26 Quote
Stoked on the bike though. Demo one and usually I'm a M but the large is nice underfoot. I'm 511 in riding shoes.

Used to be a yeti dude but can't justify the increase of price for a minimal gain. The frame is a super nice value here.

I ride w my daughter a ton and so need to coil it to not be sk much pressure on the air shock.

Its a fun bike.

Posted: Oct 9, 2023 at 21:58 Quote
weepweepweep wrote:
I’m debating between Hd6 and the Scor 4060, may I ask why you disliked it?

Posted: Oct 10, 2023 at 7:11 Quote
argtz01 wrote:
weepweepweep wrote:

I didn't hate the scor 4060, but the feature of the bike is this flip chip that goes between ST + LT and the frame also allows you to adjust the head angle.
To me, youre paying for that flip chip. The bike is good enough but doesn't excel in anything.
The scor took a season to dial in and felt best on a Mezzer or RFX38 fork. Thing is, its a good all-around bike but never really excelled at anything. The scor also climbed horribly.

My previous bike (before the scor) was a Yeti Sb165 mullet. Loved that bike. That bike would just plow through rock gardens like no other.

Now, onto the Ibis... The HD6 has more travel than the Scor but climbs better, is lighter, and is more "jibby" than the scor. Plus, its less expensive to build it out and doesn't take a while to dial in.

the frame also fits me better, I was in between sizes in Scor (5 11 in riding shoes), and the large feels perfect. Was in a medium scor though and felt scrunched a bit.

I was also looking at the Yeti but 5k for a frame is a joke right now.

HD6 is a good bike, its fun, poppy, carves up turns, and climbs great for the travel.

Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 0:36 Quote
weepweepweep wrote:
argtz01 wrote:
weepweepweep wrote:

I didn't hate the scor 4060, but the feature of the bike is this flip chip that goes between ST + LT and the frame also allows you to adjust the head angle.
To me, youre paying for that flip chip. The bike is good enough but doesn't excel in anything.
The scor took a season to dial in and felt best on a Mezzer or RFX38 fork. Thing is, its a good all-around bike but never really excelled at anything. The scor also climbed horribly.

My previous bike (before the scor) was a Yeti Sb165 mullet. Loved that bike. That bike would just plow through rock gardens like no other.

Now, onto the Ibis... The HD6 has more travel than the Scor but climbs better, is lighter, and is more "jibby" than the scor. Plus, its less expensive to build it out and doesn't take a while to dial in.

the frame also fits me better, I was in between sizes in Scor (5 11 in riding shoes), and the large feels perfect. Was in a medium scor though and felt scrunched a bit.

HD6 is a good bike, it’s fun, poppy, carves up turns, and climbs great for the travel.

Great thanks for your input! I ride a lot of steep terrain, mostly hike and bike. Not much pedaling. Many switch backs so a more playful and lighter bike will come in handy. Also in MX so won’t have to worry about the tire buzz in the skidder lines

Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 12:56 Quote
argtz01 wrote:
weepweepweep wrote:
argtz01 wrote:

HD6 is a good bike, it’s fun, poppy, carves up turns, and climbs great for the travel.

Great thanks for your input! I ride a lot of steep terrain, mostly hike and bike. Not much pedaling. Many switch backs so a more playful and lighter bike will come in handy. Also in MX so won’t have to worry about the tire buzz in the skidder lines

For sure.
I think the Ibis is about 3 pounds lighter than the Scor too - which can go lower with Berd spokes.
its a super fun bike. I never rode an Ibis before but love the feeling of this. It rides better than any new yeti and no need to worry about Switch Infinity - ibis did a great job.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2023 at 9:27 Quote
The HD6 is a pretty solid bike. My previous 'big bikes' in more recent order are the RipmoV2, RM Altitude, Nomad4. For reference my 'small bike' is an SB130LR. For the big bike I was looking for something that on the high end would be fun in the park and be able to handle big drops, jumps, and high speed chunk. For the low end I wanted something I could do some burly trail riding, on occasion, and not feel like I'm hauling a pig around. This bike checks all the boxes.

I've been on it for over a month and have a bunch of enduro type rides, park days, 7 days of riding the Whistler area, and a bunch local trail rides in New England. Like others have mentioned the thing is a solid climber/peddler but it shreds on the downhills. Very lively and superfast in the corners. It's not as good in the chunk as the Nomad or the RM, but way better than the Ripmo was. The Ripmo was definitely a better overall trail bike, but the way the HD6 rips on the downs I'm not missing the Ripmo at all.

Overall I'm stoked on this bike and can't wait to get some more laps on her.

Cheers!

Posted: Nov 13, 2023 at 0:34 Quote
What are the odds that somebody has already tried the size 5?

I'm 195cm with very long arms and I initially welcomed this crazy reach. But even the retailer warned me about huge imbalance between CS (435mm) and the reach (541mm !)

The theory says this bike is very unbalanced and the front wheel could be very prone to washing out when not extra careful.

How does it translate into real-world riding? Is it really so bad?

I'm an Ibis fanboy, had Mojo HD1 and HD3 so far and was always very happy with the way the bike performs. I can't believe Ibis release a bike that does not ride properly. But if I'm dropping 9k USD on a new rig, I'd like to at least know it will be good. Not like any retailer will order size 5 as a test bike... Frown

Thanks in advance!
/M

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010410
Mobile Version of Website