Official Ghetto Parts Thread

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Official Ghetto Parts Thread
Posted: Feb 12, 2013 at 14:10 Quote
Wouldnt bother with park tools stuff.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 10:51 Quote
Not the most exciting mod, but I took the spring out of my Pop-Loc™ motion control unit and filed grooves into the top cap thingy so you can grip it to turn it. Now it works like a standard Motion Control compression instead of having to have a gay, bar mounted remote to adjust compression.

photo

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 10:56 Quote
Small mod but very practical. i like it!

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 10:59 Quote
I went in with the ghetto anodising (blue permanent marker pen) on the grooves, but it started to rub off at the edges so I got rid of it.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:00 Quote
If i had known i could have given you a standard adjuster... But that wouldnt be ghetto. Razz

Looks good man!

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:10 Quote
dingus wrote:
Not the most exciting mod, but I took the spring out of my Pop-Loc™ motion control unit and filed grooves into the top cap thingy so you can grip it to turn it. Now it works like a standard Motion Control compression instead of having to have a gay, bar mounted remote to adjust compression.

photo

Deffo need to take the spring out of my tora then on my xc bike !

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 at 19:32 Quote
dingus wrote:

photo
What tools and whatnot are needed for that? I really want to get ride of the bar thingy on my 2010 reba team

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 6:33 Quote
Just the right size socket to remove the top cap/damper.

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 6:53 Quote
Right, so I put a single speed kit on a hub. And somehow I managed to tighten it, yet my I come to take it off with my ghetto tool I have no idea how I got it on...

Also, here are my ghetto tools.

Freehub removal thing, didn't have a 14mm so got a bolt stuck it in the vice and filled it down to fit the hub. Turned the wheel on it, worked perfect.
My ghetto tools

Also, when taking apart my DJ3s need a stupid Marzo socket which cost liek £30, they can f*ck off.
My ghetto tools

Ghetto BB press I made for the cap, got a longer one for headsets.
My ghetto tools

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 6:54 Quote
Also yeah this is the cassette thingy, yet I have no idea how I got the single speed kit on using this, the axle is in the way.

My ghetto tools

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 7:27 Quote
Jesus man. That's ghetto.

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 7:52 Quote
Its normally because i'm in the middle of doing something, and need a tool but don't wanna pay, wait, wait, then do it.

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 8:19 Quote
Bodge it n run

Just done to quickly check chain line but my boss came in the work shop and was like "you can't send it out like that!!" Facepalm needless to say I don't let him in the work shop much.

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 8:55 Quote
Toilet roll?! Thats for the toilet!

Rags is what you need.

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 at 8:58 Quote
mobi roll is what every workshop needs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017169
Mobile Version of Website