Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
motoxxxer26 wrote:
Hambo24 wrote:
antigit wrote:
Has anyone put a Fox X2 shock on a 2015 CF frame? I believe the standard stroke on the 2015 shocks is 66mm whereas the X2 will be 70mm. The i2i length is the same on both, 222mm.

Just wondering if the frame components will interfere with each other when the shock bottoms out.

I have a dhx5 on my capra al with 222x70 and it has no problems

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but installing a shock with 70mm stroke provides 170mm of travel. It does not interfere.

Cheers guys, that's good to know about the travel.

I did a bit more research and found out the 222mm X2 shocks have a '2mm tolerance' in their shocks. So I would need to get some offset bushings.

Here's the thread I found - https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=197219

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 13:03 Quote
antigit wrote:
Has anyone put a Fox X2 shock on a 2015 CF frame? I believe the standard stroke on the 2015 shocks is 66mm whereas the X2 will be 70mm. The i2i length is the same on both, 222mm.

Just wondering if the frame components will interfere with each other when the shock bottoms out.

Works great...remember the CF Pro Race models are equipped with the 222mm x 70mm shock.

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
They adapted the rocker link tho and official word from YT is that you can't fit a X2 without this new link which you cannot get as an aftermarket part.
That being said I saw plenty of guys changing over and not having any problems.

Posted: Sep 2, 2017 at 2:54 Quote
Has anyone tried a reach adjust headset on their Capra? Thoughts?

Looking to pick one up to add a few mm to the reach which is bit short by 2017 standards @ 420mm for a medium.

New trail bike I recently bought is a medium @ 440mm and fits me well.

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 19:39 Quote
Trying to get a new YT Capra, but they're all sold out of the model I want. Does anyone know when the new 2018 models will come out?

Posted: Sep 3, 2017 at 20:07 Quote
Centz9 wrote:
Trying to get a new YT Capra, but they're all sold out of the model I want. Does anyone know when the new 2018 models will come out?

Last year, YT announced the new models in January

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 2:29 Quote
Centz9 wrote:
The new models will come out in 2018...hope that helped...

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 4:31 Quote
[Quote="Richt2000"]
Staytey wrote:

Boost is a complete con, you are right.
To make a stiffer wheel, use 32 spokes instead of 28, or 24 in the case of some!

bikes are a complete con.

want a stronger, stiffer, lighter wheel?

26" is the answer.

#264LYF yo

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 4:36 Quote
Karve wrote:
Has anyone tried a reach adjust headset on their Capra? Thoughts?

Looking to pick one up to add a few mm to the reach which is bit short by 2017 standards @ 420mm for a medium.

New trail bike I recently bought is a medium @ 440mm and fits me well.

I was thinking the same thing but the superstar headsets only give you about 5mm more reach.

Have you looked at any headsets yet?

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 5:43 Quote
Centz9 wrote:

This year they had a demo day planned for the cycle centre at Forest of Dean. However, they all got nicked overnight! Who leaves high value bikes in a car park in the middle of forest overnight!!

My point is, YT might be reluctant to advertise when they plan to release their 2018 range! Once bitten, twice shy and all that!!

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 5:51 Quote
Anyone had to replace a specific part on their bikes with YT before?

I've got a fault with my rear brake and they've said that they know what's wrong, I must send it back to them for them to then send to sram to fix or replace it. Obviously, I can't ride without a rear brake so don't really wanna do that. Has anyone ever complained and got them to send something out or am I wasting my time?

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 9:50 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:

I've got a fault with my rear brake and they've said that they know what's wrong, I must send it back to them for them to then send to sram to fix or replace it. Obviously, I can't ride without a rear brake so don't really wanna do that. Has anyone ever complained and got them to send something out or am I wasting my time?

You normally have to send them the faulty product for inspection before they send you out a replacement or send it on for a warranty repair, turn around can be anything from 3 to 11 weeks depending on who they are working with in my experience with YT in Europe.

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:

When one of my guide brakes completely packed up i got a new one cheap off ebay rather than bother with sending to YT. Might be worth a look as there's often somone selling as they fancy a different brake on their new bike.

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 12:59 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

You normally have to send them the faulty product for inspection before they send you out a replacement or send it on for a warranty repair, turn around can be anything from 3 to 11 weeks depending on who they are working with in my experience with YT in Europe.

Yeah that's my issue I don't really wanna have to not ride for that long, wanna make the most of what little dry weather we've had.

dlgis wrote:
When one of my guide brakes completely packed up i got a new one cheap off ebay rather than bother with sending to YT. Might be worth a look as there's often somone selling as they fancy a different brake on their new bike.

Yeah I've been looking in to it, can pick up a SRAM Code R for £110 on CRC but I ain't really shopped round.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 1:16 Quote
Part of the trade off with manufacturer direct is that they lose the local sram dealer network support, so instead of being able to drop in to a shop with a bike bought locally, for local sram support, its centralised. It's a major flaw with the model, but not likely to change soon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026090
Mobile Version of Website