Powered by Outside

Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
Posted: Apr 17, 2024 at 22:09 Quote
Can anyone validate that the Druid LTD (New Growth and Midnight Velvet) are UDH?

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2024 at 8:21 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Can anyone validate that the Druid LTD (New Growth and Midnight Velvet) are UDH?
Yes, my midnight velvet is.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 16:39 Quote
Question on the Druid V2 beefed up vs the new Norco Optic. I've just got a few rides on my new druid and so far I really like it. I also have a long travel Enduro bike and I'm wondering if I can have the Druid as an only bike, but I think I'd have to beef it up a bit as others have mentioned here in the forum (cushcore, DH casings, coil shock, 160 Fork but at that point, why stick with the shorter travel bike? Who here has experience doing this and how did it affect the "trail bike" nature of the bike? Mine already weighs about 34 lbs and it's a great climber, but I'm sure I'd be at 37-38lbs with a coil shock, and the tire system upgrade? but that has me wondering.. Why do that on the druid? Why not get a longer travel bike? and have the extra travel?

Would love to hear comparisons from those that have ridden the Druid as a "big" or Enduro Bike.

Also, I haven't been able to take mine anywhere with really fast DH yet, How does this bike do in a bike park? or with bigger hits?

Thanks,

Dan

Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 21:23 Quote
I can provide some feedback on that. Currently my druid v2 is setup with a 160mm zeb, a super deluxe coil shock, and cushcores in the tires. Im running exo+, not dh though.

I should note I built it that way from frame up so never tried it in “stock” mode.

To me it feels like the perfect 1 bike to do all my non lift assisted riding (I have a dh bike for park days). Prior to the druid/dh combo I had a tallboy v4 and a megatower v1. Both were beefed up from what was “stock” configuration (cascade link, boosted fork, cushcores). My druid feels like it slots smack dab in the middle of those two bikes. It reminds me most of when I had a bronson v2. It has that “all mountain” feeling, where the tallboy felt more like a trail bike and the mega was a bit of a pig to pedal around.

It doesn’t feel like a long travel enduro bike going up or down. It still remains snappy on the pedals and doesn’t feel like it gets bogged down in the travel like my megatower did.

For me it is the best of both worlds, but I could see how some people could see it as the worst of both worlds. I ride lots of chunky rock and it feels just as good in that as my megatower did. Where it feels less capable is in drops, that rearward travel isn’t helping much to smooth out drops.

If I were you I would try it. The only big expense would be the coil shock. But if it offers assurance, I listed the air shock that came with my frame in the classifieds after one ride with the coil.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 22:26 Quote
Thanks for the feedback!

You summed up my thoughts exactly, I’m worried that while trying to get the best of both worlds I may get the worst,

I am going to give it a try, I’ve been happy with every coil shock I’ve ever had, I don’t see why this would be any different.

Also, I may just try dh tires without the inserts.

Thanks again

Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 23:18 Quote
This is the spring weight chart I got from forbidden.

https://www.mtbr.com/attachments/druidcoil-png.2064983/

Posted: May 1, 2024 at 10:55 Quote
Daray wrote:
Question on the Druid V2 beefed up vs the new Norco Optic. I've just got a few rides on my new druid and so far I really like it. I also have a long travel Enduro bike and I'm wondering if I can have the Druid as an only bike, but I think I'd have to beef it up a bit as others have mentioned here in the forum (cushcore, DH casings, coil shock, 160 Fork but at that point, why stick with the shorter travel bike? Who here has experience doing this and how did it affect the "trail bike" nature of the bike? Mine already weighs about 34 lbs and it's a great climber, but I'm sure I'd be at 37-38lbs with a coil shock, and the tire system upgrade? but that has me wondering.. Why do that on the druid? Why not get a longer travel bike? and have the extra travel?

Would love to hear comparisons from those that have ridden the Druid as a "big" or Enduro Bike.

Also, I haven't been able to take mine anywhere with really fast DH yet, How does this bike do in a bike park? or with bigger hits?

Thanks,

Dan

My bike is somewhat beefed up. 160 fork with SDU coil but on exo tires. Reason being is I wanted it capable for the black trails in the case my enduro bike was out of commission or if I would only be hitting 1 or 2 black trails along side blue trails.

Currently, weights 35lbs right now (s2 29er). It does well in the chunk and I havent had any issues with drops, but I am on the lighter side(150lbs). Haven't tried it in the bike park yet but don't plan to.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2024 at 11:28 Quote
Thanks-

I'm going to give it a try. So far I've been pretty impressed by it's capabilities, I've been running a Coninental xynotal rear and a kryptotal front tire.

I do want to try it as a mullet, but know it'll lower my ground clearance which could be an issue here in AZ.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2024 at 12:34 Quote
Just to add - I "enduroed" my Druid V2 with 160 38 and Ext Storia coil, TRP DHR w 200 rotors. I replaced my big bike with it (Spire) so that was my reasoning, but I love how it rides built up that way. Have two wheelsets, trail one with DHR/Dissector Exo+ for everyday riding, and enduro race setup with Assegai/DHR DH casing and Cushcore.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2024 at 12:44 Quote
Sounds awesome. I think the two sets of tires is the route I'll go. I also want to get this on a coil shock. I've run coil on my last few bikes, and I always enjoy the traction.

I also reached out to Cascade components. They are working on a link for the V2. I've never really bought into Cascade Components before, but I do wonder if having just a little more travel could be nice?

I've always had mixed thought on Cascade links before and I've never used them, but I might give it a try here.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2024 at 13:02 Quote
Ah nice, I had reached out to them a bit ago. Depending on the numbers I will probably get a link for mine to push it a bit farther into enduro territory.

I had one of their links on my Sentinel V1 and it was a game changer for that bike. Added progression made running a coil much better, but I think it really depends on what you're looking to get out of the upgrade.

Posted: May 7, 2024 at 20:49 Quote
Yeah I have had 3 different cascade links on different bikes. I never noticed the travel, I did notice the extra mid stroke support. For reference I am 200lbs and prefer to run a coil so the increased progression keeps things more balanced. I will definitely pick one up. Hopefully they make it in silver.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 13:24 Quote
Hey there, anyone out there have O-chain experience with a V1 Druid? O-chain experience in general? I've heard "game-changer" tossed around but not sure if that just marketing speak.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 13:28 Quote
vermontana wrote:
Ah nice, I had reached out to them a bit ago. Depending on the numbers I will probably get a link for mine to push it a bit farther into enduro territory.

I had one of their links on my Sentinel V1 and it was a game changer for that bike. Added progression made running a coil much better, but I think it really depends on what you're looking to get out of the upgrade.

I've got a cascade link on my V1 Druid (coil marz shock + push spring) and noticed a difference with the link. More travel, feels more active, can't seem to hit bottom. A bit spendy but worth the money in my opinion.

Also had a cascade on my V1 Sentinel and it was in fact a game changer.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2024 at 15:43 Quote
Just got a newV2 frame. Psyched to build it up but have been stumped on how to remove the shaft for the upper pivot on the rear stays. I’ve sorted out the lower pivot and looked at Forbidden’s exploded view. All I can figure is that it comes out towards the drive side of the frame. Can anyone help here?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051377
Mobile Version of Website