Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
O+
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 12:50 Quote
By Sunday lunchtime Canyon Creek was almost knee deep on adults but still just cross able without getting wet and "hmmm I'm probably helping the 10 year old" level.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 22:24 Quote
danny wrote:
Family Guy below Billy dog was mint with the exception of one 30 foot snow drift.

Billy dog was in great shape, a couple ice patches and then a bit of moisture on the lower section, but most of the moisture was avoided with all of the elevated wood.

Toothless had a couple wet spots and a couple snow patches, but 95% good

Shoulda was not ready on Friday night. Lots of ice sections near the top and along the bottom (elbow trail) sections.

Canyon creek was flowing enough to get your shoes wet Saturday night, it was not flowing Friday night.

Things were melting/drying fast with all of the heat, so things will be changing day by day.

This has been the first year in the last few that the pedal crowd hasn't enjoyed a couple weeks before the shuttle junkies take over the road. Happy to have the moisture and hopefully it keeps coming. The dirt has been super grippy this last week.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2024 at 6:31 Quote
Did a recon hike on Stone's throw last night and it is 99% good to go. There are 2-3 snow patches in shaded areas which can be easily avoided. There is a good amount of snow at the entrance (from 727). Also so saw bear tracks and droppings on the climb.

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 11:48 Quote
Even Bow Mont is a sloppy mess right now. Because it's on my doorstep I rode it after the light rain on Sunday and it was excellent. I went again last night and halfway through sideshow it was clearly a bad decision. The bike got completely packed up with mud. The only good choice was to take the gravel roads out of the park.

O+
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Rode the sugars on Sunday (sugar daddy up, sugar pony and sugar momma down) - overall good with greasy in spots and muddy in the regular low points.

O+
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Rode Boundary with my kid for BCXC tonight. Was perfect. Another day or two with limited or no rain and it will be ideal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.355180
Mobile Version of Website