Powered by Outside

2011 Norco Aline VS. 2011 Giant glory 01

PB Forum :: Downhill
2011 Norco Aline VS. 2011 Giant glory 01
Posted: Aug 13, 2010 at 15:03 Quote
dchill wrote:
EL1XER wrote:
A-Line, more bang for your buck

Yeah if the headtubes don't shear off. Norco's suck. Their suspension is way inferior to Giants Maestro.

Really, better have more info before making bad statements to start with. They had issues yes we all know that but it was some mild cracks and extremely rare if any sheared off. A friend of mine has had 2 Norco frames replaced because of issues and they had zero hesitation to replace the entire frame and they also took care of the cost to swap parts to and from the frames.

Shit happens, parts brake and mistakes happen but what's the most important is after sales service and they have it. Giant or Norco are both great company's with good bikes, no need to bash a company just because you like another one better.

Nothing wrong with the Horst link system, it's still being used by many and even some company's end up going back to it. Theirs other system that are great or even better but remember, theirs also only so many ways to reinvent something.

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 19:59 Quote
Aha Glory by a longshot.

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 20:00 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
dchill wrote:
EL1XER wrote:

Yeah if the headtubes don't shear off. Norco's suck. Their suspension is way inferior to Giants Maestro.

Really, better have more info before making bad statements to start with. They had issues yes we all know that but it was some mild cracks and extremely rare if any sheared off. A friend of mine has had 2 Norco frames replaced because of issues and they had zero hesitation to replace the entire frame and they also took care of the cost to swap parts to and from the frames.

Shit happens, parts brake and mistakes happen but what's the most important is after sales service and they have it. Giant or Norco are both great company's with good bikes, no need to bash a company just because you like another one better.

Nothing wrong with the Horst link system, it's still being used by many and even some company's end up going back to it. Theirs other system that are great or even better but remember, theirs also only so many ways to reinvent something.
Pedals terribly.

Posted: Aug 17, 2010 at 20:06 Quote
dhdeven wrote:
Aha Glory by a longshot.
tup

FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 1:42 Quote
dhdeven wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
dchill wrote:

Pedals terribly.

Its not the system its how it was made. Designing a well pedaling horst link bike is possible so bashing all bikes on your experiance with 1 is silly.

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 4:07 Quote
spaced wrote:
dhdeven wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

Pedals terribly.

Its not the system its how it was made. Designing a well pedaling horst link bike is possible so bashing all bikes on your experiance with 1 is silly.

Spec is the only company to do it right and even then I would still take a Maestro suspension.
yes, I have owned several different horst link bikes, 03 S-works enduro, 03 bh, 04 demo9, 07 sxt, 09 demo and so far Maestro has out performed all of them currently have an 09 reign x and 2010 glory

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 9:06 Quote
dchill wrote:
spaced wrote:
dhdeven wrote:

Pedals terribly.

Spec is the only company to do it right and even then I would still take a Maestro suspension.
yes, I have owned several different horst link bikes, 03 S-works enduro, 03 bh, 04 demo9, 07 sxt, 09 demo and so far Maestro has out performed all of them currently have an 09 reign x and 2010 glory

thats not really fair to compare those bikes were 5 6 or 7 seasons older then the glory the changes in bikes is ub surd. he's asking about a 2011 to a 2011 not a 2004 to a 2010 there will be a big diff then yeah no duh. i've been riding a team dh now for 2 seasons absoletly love it, and am getting another norco next year

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 9:31 Quote
Gee I didn't know an 09 Demo was 6 seasons old. If you norco is 2 seasons old it would be just as old as my demo.

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 at 9:33 Quote
dchill wrote:
Gee I didn't know an 09 Demo was 6 seasons old. If you norco is 2 seasons old it would be just as old as my demo.

that was my bad thought it was a demo 9 thust it being a 2004

FL
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 3:08 Quote
dchill wrote:

Demo is a bad example. It pedals like shit but thats more due to the fact that apparently spec doesnt care about pedaling efficency that much than of infiriority of horst link bikes. Somehow euro fsr ripoffs pedal very well. Again its a design, not the shortcut. The whole acronym bs is only for the patent office.
Also - pedaling is not the most important feature of a dh bike for me Wink

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 11:56 Quote
This whole thread is silly. Really John it's up to you what you get and one day you will hopefully be able to make your own decisions.

Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 14:58 Quote
corbinder69 wrote:
This whole thread is silly. Really John it's up to you what you get and one day you will hopefully be able to make your own decisions.

excadtlyyy

FL
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 15:02 Quote
live2ride429 wrote:
corbinder69 wrote:

excadtlyyy

Opinions always help, but this thread wasn't made to bash any company's.

FL
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 15:04 Quote
spaced wrote:
dchill wrote:
EL1XER wrote:

FSR if done good can be as good as any DW link ripoff. Glory is a very nice bike but norco has a very good warranty and if the new one has no problems with build quality it will be probably a bit more dent proof than the glory.

giant has life time warrenty...

FL
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
leon-forfar wrote:
spaced wrote:
dchill wrote:

FSR if done good can be as good as any DW link ripoff. Glory is a very nice bike but norco has a very good warranty and if the new one has no problems with build quality it will be probably a bit more dent proof than the glory.

giant has life time warrenty...

Im still amazed ppl fall for the lifetime warranty PR BS. If your bike fails after more than 2-3 seasons its most probably not because of manufacturers defect - no manufacturers defect - no warranty. Its good if the warranty is not one owner only because the bike will be worth more when you sell it and you can buy unused ones on warranty and still have it but thats it. If a frame is to fail under mfgs error it will fail in 2 years I assure you. Its not lifetime crash replacement.
Also - giant distros have mixed warranty rep.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015964
Mobile Version of Website