Powered by Outside

Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 9:18 Quote
Or maybe these companies are all losing money and at risk of going bankrupt with these sales? There’s been a few companies go belly up and tons of layoffs.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 11:46 Quote
Circe wrote:
Or maybe these companies are all losing money and at risk of going bankrupt with these sales? There’s been a few companies go belly up and tons of layoffs.

This is what is happening. Between now and summer we are going to see a lot of MTB companies closing down

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 11:56 Quote
Yep, companies are all way overstocked, because they jacked supply post-covid, and demand has shrunk. They're forced to blow that stock out at a loss (or close to it) to keep the income stream rolling, pay their suppliers and clear the crammed warehouse spaces.

The market will stabilize over time, but there will be a lot of casualties in the mean time (we're already seeing that). These companies aren't floating on an island of cash to ride out this wave, and some of the ones owned by investor groups are starting to get sold on or dissolved.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 16:31 Quote
Even the companies that didn’t overstock are now competing with BOGO deals and 40% off from their competitors. So they all are suffering. Cash flow is going to take out a lot of the little guys and investor backing out will topple some of the bigger ones

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2023 at 13:36 Quote
Hello there.

I have a top spec Ripmo AF and i just bought a V2S frame on a crazy discount. I have currently a Sram Carbon DUB Boost crankset(52mm chainline). Can i keep this crankset and swap the chainring with 0mm offset one so i can go right away to 55mm chainline that way , or do i have to change the crankset with a DUB Wide ? Anybody that tried it and know for sure ?

Cheers.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2023 at 14:16 Quote
It will work, but you’ll have less room for your heels at the chain stay. The chain ring will be in the same place and you will be running a 55 mm chain line with a 0mm offset ring.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 4:10 Quote
FiLaReToS wrote:
Hello there.

I have a top spec Ripmo AF and i just bought a V2S frame on a crazy discount. I have currently a Sram Carbon DUB Boost crankset(52mm chainline). Can i keep this crankset and swap the chainring with 0mm offset one so i can go right away to 55mm chainline that way , or do i have to change the crankset with a DUB Wide ? Anybody that tried it and know for sure ?

Cheers.
Couldn’t you just add a spacer and keep the offset chainring? This will keep a little clearance but get the chain line you are seeking.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 8:14 Quote
Since i have a 32t chainring i guess it will be too close or even it will be touching the chainstay.

This is the reply from Ibis.

WILL A 52MM CHAINLINE CRANKSET WORK ON MY
NEW 55MM CHAINLINE BIKE?

While 52mm chainline cranksets with 28T-30T chainrings may clear the frame, it’s best to
utilize a crankset capable of achieving the corresponding chainline to your frame. This will
ensure the best shift quality and allow the use of larger chain rings. Always double check
chainring clearance and fitment prior to riding.

Posted: Dec 31, 2023 at 8:58 Quote
NERyder wrote:
code26 wrote:
Hey All, new to the forum by way of 'wife's new bike'.
She is THE WORST at being able to give me feedback on the suspension settings so; to start; I'm looking for a coil spring rate recommendation for a rider around the 130lb. mark?
Also, everyone having good experiences with the Jade X shock?

Here is my suggestion. Get an air shock. If she doesn’t know what she likes and can’t provide good feedback you can set it on sag and the dials in the middle and slowly tweak it over time. Also air has the advantage of setting it up for a different person just by changing pressure. I got my wife a medium Marin rift zone that she uses occasionally but I have introduced so many of my friends and my sons friends to mountain biking with that bike. Just my experience

Na on the air idea. I can still set sag and dials in the middle on a coil shock. Coils are far superior in small bump sensitivity. Also, not looking to set this bike up for anyone other than her. Not too keen on letting other people ride someone's bike. We have a 'loaner bike' for that (which still rarely happens)

Posted: Dec 31, 2023 at 9:02 Quote
Turpsicle wrote:
code26 wrote:
Hey All, new to the forum by way of 'wife's new bike'.
She is THE WORST at being able to give me feedback on the suspension settings so; to start; I'm looking for a coil spring rate recommendation for a rider around the 130lb. mark?
Also, everyone having good experiences with the Jade X shock?
Jade-x has been good to me but 3 seasons in and the shaft needs replacing for the "HD" version. If yours is black anodised you're good, if it's gold just keep an eye on it for wear.
I'm around 145lb, started on the recommended 350# with the standard link which may be ok for general trail riding but I blew through it pretty fast descending. Ibis choose to run a very light compression.
Now with the Cascade link I have a sprindex permanently maxed out at 430# and it's great.

Cool cool, it's got the black shaft ( lol ) and I happened to have a 350lb Ti coil laying around that fits and another 400lb steel. Thanks for the input. Can't wait for the build to be complete!

Posted: Dec 31, 2023 at 13:53 Quote
code26 wrote:

Cool cool, it's got the black shaft ( lol ) and I happened to have a 350lb Ti coil laying around that fits and another 400lb steel. Thanks for the input. Can't wait for the build to be complete!

Great! Just make sure there's enough air in the bladder, then there's only a rebound knob to get wrong lol

If she's descending a lot I love what the Cascade link did for mine, somehow bottomless for under 150mm travel. At the cost of the pedaling not being perfectly efficient any more.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2024 at 22:02 Quote
I think I may have cracked my early 2020 AF Blank Stare

Coming back from a ride today, I noticed suspicious black dust on the weld between the head- and downtube. Wiped it off to find this:
photo

Looks like it a crack to me, especially considering the black dust that was covering it. Or am I the one who is on crack?

It's an XL frame. I'm 180lbs or so and I've been known to hit the odd jump or two, but I've never had any bad crashes. I just ordered some new forks for this bike as well hours before finding this.

Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 2:11 Quote
That’s 100% a crack along the perimeter of the weld.

Get onto IBIS about it

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2024 at 8:19 Quote
yetiboyjay wrote:
That’s 100% a crack along the perimeter of the weld.

Get onto IBIS about it

☹️
I'll talk to my LBS when they open on Tuesday. I was literally just there yesterday asking about different forks for it.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2024 at 14:36 Quote
Anyone on the north island of NZ wanna buy my AF....? lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012411
Mobile Version of Website