Powered by Outside

Official Ghetto Parts Thread

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Official Ghetto Parts Thread
Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 19:32 Quote
Sounds rad. What colour ano?

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 22:43 Quote
3rd page already! noice! aha

Dingus that cog spacer was ridiculous. Although. I used a bearing once aha.

Steezy headset spacer made of an old bearing

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 23:16 Quote
Holy shit this is my thread Razz posting to sub for future reference, except some stories later!

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 23:18 Quote
mr-nozzer wrote:
For about 6 months I ran a grip flange as a crank spacer
This seat is some comfy shit.

AND I OWN IT NOW

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 0:53 Quote
I suppose it's kinda ghetto how i'll be running a zee 10spd mech with a sram 9spd shifter and cassette lol

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 1:02 Quote
so i ride a 36 talas that according to a fox mech isn't lower-able. since then i've taken the talas and rebound adjusters off because of clearance issues for more ghetto steeze points
Lowered Fox 36 Talas. YO. 65mm

i had to essentially demolish my FSA bash to make it work with saints because i needed to use the longer chainring bolts, which in the end got swapped out for standard bolts/nuts i could find

waay too big a shock on my cowan, because awesome!

halfords rear wheel
Big shock silly rear wheel
  Big shock, silly rear wheel

old cowan with something like 5 re-welds
Cowan frame broke for the last time.
  Cowan frame, broke for the last time.

old BB
... there s your problem.
  ... there's your problem.

then there's more that i never bothered getting pictures of Big Grin used a bearing as a steerer spacer, used random bits of metal that fit as spacers too.

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 1:28 Quote
Does refurbishing parts count as ghetto'in? If so I do it every day! tup

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 1:28 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
so i ride a 36 talas that according to a fox mech isn't lower-able. since then i've taken the talas and rebound adjusters off because of clearance issues for more ghetto steeze points

i had to essentially demolish my FSA bash to make it work with saints because i needed to use the longer chainring bolts, which in the end got swapped out for standard bolts/nuts i could find

waay too big a shock on my cowan, because awesome!

halfords rear wheel
Big shock silly rear wheel
  Big shock, silly rear wheel

old cowan with something like 5 re-welds
Cowan frame broke for the last time.
  Cowan frame, broke for the last time.

old BB
... there s your problem.
  ... there's your problem.

then there's more that i never bothered getting pictures of Big Grin used a bearing as a steerer spacer, used random bits of metal that fit as spacers too.

WOW, that whole bike is just ghetto...lol... good stuff, ridden to the death...! Stay safe ma man... ; )

Great thread by the way, this will keep me amused...

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 1:42 Quote
A very boring winter resulted in me strapping a skateboard to my vmx and a piece of metal as a front skid....

Views: 671    Faves: 0    Comments: 10

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 1:43 Quote
does pro bike stacking on little cars count? Razz

photo
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/563127_3628920853854_474242916_n.jpg
THIS IS HOW WE ROLLLLLL
and i fixed my shoes once too..

ahhhhh good as new

and we found this in spain so we brought it back because its so awesome haha
photo

and a snowbike for good measure
photo

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 3:07 Quote
Ha some of this stuff is hilarious, I'll admit i've done my fair share of bodging, like when somehow the bolts for my bash guard wore themselfs out and I held it on with cable ties.. but my mates dad, he is the bodging king, made a forge out of an old scrap of metal, some fire cement and a hairdryer as bellows to keep it hot, think he's making a knifes in it. i'll get some pics from him, plus his garage is like bodging central. seriously seen some dodgy things in there I dare to utter about lol

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 3:16 Quote
norwichmtb wrote:
Does refurbishing parts count as ghetto'in? If so I do it every day! tup

quite the opposite Razz If its broken and you've bodged it to get home/ do one more run and it looks fugly, then its ghetto! Wink

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 4:20 Quote
I built a whole bike from ghetto parts. I fixed it with a hammer, man I love. But yeah, lol chain ring bolts? More like a big f*ck off bolt and nut

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030538
Mobile Version of Website