photo
photo
Fox 36 RC2
Monarch RT3
XX1 Axs Drivetrain with Atlas Cranks
Ibis 741 Wheels
Ibis Bars
XTR 2-pot Brakes

Loved this bike, it was stable enough to have a lot of fun at the bike park, but you could still pop into a manual SO easily. Prolly is one of the best tech climbers I have ever ridden.

Here is my current Ripmo 2

Ibis Ripmo V2

photo

Fox 38 Grip2 (36s were out of stock)
X2
Xo1 Axs with Atlas Cranks
Zipp 3Zero moto Wheels
Oneup Bars
Trp Dhr-Evo Brakes.

Great bike, nice and stable, climbs like it's locked out on sustained climbs, Not as easy to fool around on, but it gets fun at higher speeds and likes the steeps.

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 16:00 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
My Old Mojo HD3
photo
photo
photo
Fox 36 RC2
Monarch RT3
XX1 Axs Drivetrain with Atlas Cranks
Ibis 741 Wheels
Ibis Bars
XTR 2-pot Brakes

Loved this bike, it was stable enough to have a lot of fun at the bike park, but you could still pop into a manual SO easily. Prolly is one of the best tech climbers I have ever ridden.

Here is my current Ripmo 2

Ibis Ripmo V2

photo

Fox 38 Grip2 (36s were out of stock)
X2
Xo1 Axs with Atlas Cranks
Zipp 3Zero moto Wheels
Oneup Bars
Trp Dhr-Evo Brakes.

Great bike, nice and stable, climbs like it's locked out on sustained climbs, Not as easy to fool around on, but it gets fun at higher speeds and likes the steeps.

My stable looked just like yours except BZB on the V2.

Second your opinion about the HD3! I still have mine to mess around on. Easier to learn tricks. Mine is non-boost sadly and it’s harder to find spare wheel sets. Cheaped out and did not want to pay the $900 upgrade when Ibis rolled out the boost swingarm mod circa 2016-17 and now I regret it!

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 19:39 Quote
Nice, I agree the hd3 is like really capable slalom bike, it's a really fun bike, I couldn't believe how fast it popped into a wheelie when I road it recently, also mine is non-boost as well! Recently I had to purchase a new linkage, and I had a lot of issues getting a non-boost one. I was really close to committing on a V1 ripmo, but at that time I was still hesitant about 29ers. The HD3 is a really solid bike and one of my favorites I've ever owned.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
photo
photo

What's up everyone? I've been on the v2 for a month and a half now but the Ohlins coil and Onyx are new so I'm still dialing them in.

No real feedback other than the obvious... when you add a cascade link, coil shock, and burly front fork you take a minor penalty on the ups but gain some calmness and plowability on the downs. That being said it's not necessary and just comes down to rider preference and terrain. I'd also be happy on the old super deluxe / 36 combo which is a little more quick and agile. But for me the temptation with any new bike in this category is to make it burly and then back off if I get tired of slogging the extra weight up the mountain.

In terms of weight she was just over 31 pounds (14 kg) with pedals on the shop scale with a super deluxe and 36 and lighter front tire. Calculated weight gain with the current setup is about 1.5 pounds (685g)

I went with the Onyx to gain some stiffness over my last 2 forks (36 & Lyrik) as I'm over 200 pounds (90kg+) and can feel those forks flex in the berms and steeps. Just standing over the bike and holding the front brake whilst flexing the fork left/right and fore/aft it's easy to feel the increased stiffness.

Spring is here in Utah so I'm getting out 3-4 times a week now on the foothill trails and am stoked to get this setup dialed before the alpine stuff melts out. I spent 18 months on the RAF so am super familiar with how the design rides already and I even ran both coil and air out back on that bike.

Anyways here's a quick overview of the build. I brought most of it over from my last frame.

-XL frame (I'm 6'1" or 185.4 cm)
-Ohlins TTX 22M coil w/ stock tune, 640 pound spring, and cascade link. I'm 225lb and a ~600 pound spring got me in the right zone on the stock link so had to go up a little with the increased leverage of the CL.
-Onyx is used and came set at 160mm. I plan to keep it there unless I get curious this summer (I probably will) when the steep alpine trails melt out, then I might take it up to 170mm.
-drivetrain is a mix of SLX/XT/XTR
-Zee brakes 200mm f+r
-Bike Yoke 185 dropper (so damn good)
-35mm Deity stem, 800mm OneUp bar, PNW Loam grips (XL)
-Sam Hill signature saddle (oil slick ofc!)
-Light Bicycle & Tandell carbon hoops on Hope hubs with silver DT aerolites and purple Sapim nips
-WTB Trail Boss 2.4 rear (lightweight casing so we'll see how it holds up) w/ CC XC insert out back, Vittoria Mazza 2.6 trail casing up front (love this freaking tire) no insert
-Hope clipless pedals to replace my HTs... hoping for increased reliability
-Works Components oval ring

My wife hasn't yet approved an Ibis tattoo across my arse but my bike budget is below zero now anyway so it's just as well.

I almost bought an HD5 or Revel Rail to run as mullet but the v2 ended up winning in the end.

Like my granddaddy used to tell me, "be fast or at least look good being slow". When you pass me on the trail say hello.

Ride on.

p.s. Wolf Tooth titanium bottle cage Cool and Blackburn Big Switch frame tool/strap.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
Original build:

photo

And another angle of the current build:

photo

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Is the Absolute Black Oval a 32T or 30T? I am trying to figure out if there is clearance to fit a 32T on the Ripmo 2 XL frame.

YukonLT wrote:
photo
photo

Ripmo 1 (just sold to another Pinkbiker), and now the Ripmo 2!

Ripmo 2 Build:
XL Frame - Bug Zapper Blue
Fox Factory suspension
DT Swiss XMC 1200 Wheels w/DT240 hubs
SRAM XO1 Eagle AXS drivetrain (Originally ordered with XT, but ditched it after 100 miles, not impressed)
XT Brakes
Rockshox Reverb AXS dropper
ENVE M7 Bars
Deity Grips
AbsoluteBlack Oval ring

The Ripmo 1 was awesome, and even happier with the Ripmo 2 Smile

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
Just sold my 2021 Commencal TR Race for this new Ripmo. The TR was great for smashing down trails with reckless abandon, but the Ripmo is the best All Rounder I have ever ridden. The weight savings over the Commencal cannot be stressed enough. I felt like a plow horse every time I had to make steep, sustained climbs.

-Swapped out the Ibis Bars and I9 Stem for e*thirteen Pro Race Carbon Bars and Plus Stem in the Intergalactic color scheme(35mm)
-Berd Carbon Wheels
-I9 Hydra Hubs
-HT T1 Pedals
-Ergon SM Pro Saddle
-Ergon GA2 Fat Grips

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 4:59 Quote
photo
photo
photo

My classic 2009 Mojo and most recent HD5

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 6:50 Quote
My ripmo V1 with the bikepacking setup

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 19:13 Quote
Am I the lone DV9 here?

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 12:24 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
roxtar wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

That seat thou! Ouch
Actually, it's the most comfortable saddle I've ever had. It's a soft, flexible cloth/rubber composite that's suspended on a carbon frame and rails.
I've put them on my last three bikes.

Sounds interesting, can you share the brand/model?
I'm sorry, I didn't see this and I'm not getting notices.
It's a Brooks C-13 Carve.
Yup, Brooks actually makes a comfy, light, mtb saddle. Pricy though.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033019
Mobile Version of Website