E-MTB The best thing since sliced bread!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
E-MTB The best thing since sliced bread!
O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
That's fair enough. What gets my back up is this shit throwing contest from both sides. One saying ebikes are for lazy weak people and are motorcycles, the other claiming normal bikes are antiquated and everyone is jealous they don't have an ebike. My reason for buying an enduro bike is I do a lot of regular xc type trails locally and enjoy spending the day out on my bike particularly in summer, then I take the same bike to Llandegla, Revolution or BPW and if I'm lucky the odd trip away to the alps..an e bike won't suit my needs for long days out and a DH bike is overkill and I don't go often enough to Revolution or the Alps to be worth having a DH and trail bike, so the regular Enduro bike hit's the nail on the head for me, light and comfortable enough for long rides and capable enough for the park.
Why are you here? Is there nowhere else for you to talk about yourself and your Enduro bike?
This thread is for people who enjoy ebikes. First warning....

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
I try to keep an open mind on e-MTB as they do have their place but, and this is a big "but", they do appear to enable a certain type of rider that would not normally entertain mountain biking onto the trails.

Just because you can afford a £7,000 e-MTB so can now get up all the hills and over obstacles with ease, does not mean that you are a competent rider.

There are people who do know that they are doing and that is fine, it just appears that particularly in the current times there are people with money that see e-MTB as the quick way in. They read the magazine, see a few YouTube videos and are completely confident they can ride any trail out there. Whilst they are lucky all is well. when there luck runs out it then takes a stack or people and resources to extract them. This happened to an acquaintance who has mangled both themselves and the bike after 3 or 4 rides. In my opinion if he had started on a modest MTB and not gone straight in with an e-MTB he would not have attempted what he did and as the lack of fitness and skills would have prevented getting into the situation he was in. It is also dubious if they should have been where they were as the "local" was about 50 miles away but that is also filed under "not my problem" as I was not involved, I just saw the pictures.

Unfortunately they don't have the skills, knowledge or the etiquette to be safe to ride putting themselves and others at risk.

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
Totally agree Mark-p.... I have been a biker for years and love my emtb but notice that there are a LOT of people who are inexperienced bikers jumping on ebikes. And to add to this, derestricting them, adding the biggest chainring they can and probably doing things which aren't gonna help the sport. I ride a Levo SL as for me it's not all about max power, I just want that little bit of help up the hills

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
d-man wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
That's fair enough. What gets my back up is this shit throwing contest from both sides. One saying ebikes are for lazy weak people and are motorcycles, the other claiming normal bikes are antiquated and everyone is jealous they don't have an ebike. My reason for buying an enduro bike is I do a lot of regular xc type trails locally and enjoy spending the day out on my bike particularly in summer, then I take the same bike to Llandegla, Revolution or BPW and if I'm lucky the odd trip away to the alps..an e bike won't suit my needs for long days out and a DH bike is overkill and I don't go often enough to Revolution or the Alps to be worth having a DH and trail bike, so the regular Enduro bike hit's the nail on the head for me, light and comfortable enough for long rides and capable enough for the park.
Why are you here? Is there nowhere else for you to talk about yourself and your Enduro bike?

Wtf do you mean first warning? Lmao are you are mod? Because I don't give a flying F... Keyboard warrior....you feel big with your mod powers? Make up for lacking balls in the real world or what?

People are entitled to their own opinion and freedom of speech, just because it's a thread for ebikes doesn't mean non e bikers can't discuss too, especially when ebikers are constantly slagging off normal bikers in this thread too.

Go ahead get me banned. You think I'm gonna cry about it or scare me into being quiet? Gtfo, I'm a member of MTBR and Ridemonkey too, I don't need to be a member of Pinkbike to discuss anything bike related, or read the forums, especially when it comes to more educated subject matters on bikes. I just pop on here from time to time these days. So take your best shot big man!!

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
Lol... Calls him out as a keyboard warrior... goes off on overdramatic, keyboard warrior, ad hominem attack rant.

Intelligent conversations taking place itt. lol

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
No, I'm just making it clear Idgaf if he bans me, who is he to 'warn' me...get out of here. Like I bloody care, my life doesn't revolve around Pinkbike, I can still read the forums and news as a non member and I'm a memeber of other forums where the average Iq is higher than it is on here. I'm not missing out on anything been banned, so if he is trying to scare me into silence by pulling that card out I don't give a toss.

Bit of a double standard letting e bikers slag off normal bikes all the time, but because it's an e bike thread, anything bad said about e bikes is not tolerated...I didn't say anything insulting to anyone, I just stated my reasons for not wanting one and the pros and cons of both and it rubbed him up the wrong way. Well sorry I can't help. If you don't like what I say then ban me because I honestly couldn't care any less.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
It's oh so obvious how little you care given how many comments you have made in this thread.

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
I said I don't care about being banned which I don't. If I did I would have kept quiet. But people who dish shit out get it back, no skin off my nose replying on here.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 15:38 Quote
mark-p wrote:
I try to keep an open mind on e-MTB as they do have their place but, and this is a big "but", they do appear to enable a certain type of rider that would not normally entertain mountain biking onto the trails.

Just because you can afford a £7,000 e-MTB so can now get up all the hills and over obstacles with ease, does not mean that you are a competent rider.

There are people who do know that they are doing and that is fine, it just appears that particularly in the current times there are people with money that see e-MTB as the quick way in. They read the magazine, see a few YouTube videos and are completely confident they can ride any trail out there. Whilst they are lucky all is well. when there luck runs out it then takes a stack or people and resources to extract them. This happened to an acquaintance who has mangled both themselves and the bike after 3 or 4 rides. In my opinion if he had started on a modest MTB and not gone straight in with an e-MTB he would not have attempted what he did and as the lack of fitness and skills would have prevented getting into the situation he was in. It is also dubious if they should have been where they were as the "local" was about 50 miles away but that is also filed under "not my problem" as I was not involved, I just saw the pictures.

Unfortunately they don't have the skills, knowledge or the etiquette to be safe to ride putting themselves and others at risk.
Were you a pro when you started riding? People need to mind their own f*cking business and let others ride what they want. Mountain biking used to be about getting out and riding no matter what bike you ride.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 15:41 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
d-man wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

Wtf do you mean first warning? Lmao are you are mod? Because I don't give a flying F... Keyboard warrior....you feel big with your mod powers? Make up for lacking balls in the real world or what?

People are entitled to their own opinion and freedom of speech, just because it's a thread for ebikes doesn't mean non e bikers can't discuss too, especially when ebikers are constantly slagging off normal bikers in this thread too.

Go ahead get me banned. You think I'm gonna cry about it or scare me into being quiet? Gtfo, I'm a member of MTBR and Ridemonkey too, I don't need to be a member of Pinkbike to discuss anything bike related, or read the forums, especially when it comes to more educated subject matters on bikes. I just pop on here from time to time these days. So take your best shot big man!!
Holy f*ck bro, you out of meds or what?
You have now proved your an opinionated douche bag, you could have walked away with class but nope showed your true colors. Well done.

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
So talking like that guess you can't be a mod...pretty unprofessional otherwise I must say. Walk away with what class, as I said people who dish shit out get it back. I never insulted anyone until you stepped in throwing your 'warnings' about. You got all worked up because I voiced my opinion of e bikes which I am perfectly entitled to. If anyone isn't following forum etiquette it's you with the above post... But don't worry I won't stoop to your level with an equivalent immature post.

You didn't see me or the other brit guy throwing insults at each other just because we had a differing opinion or preference... We settled it amicably until you entered the chat wavering your 'authority' about. I've not had a personal problem with anyone here except you. You should have your mod status revoked talking like that.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 19:49 Quote
He’s not a mod, he’s just some dude that likes to swear at people online

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
Is it just me or has d-man some issues with what is mostly an intelligent discussion?
Hurling abuse at people like that is not what these forums are for......

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
So talking like that guess you can't be a mod...pretty unprofessional otherwise I must say. Walk away with what class, as I said people who dish shit out get it back. I never insulted anyone until you stepped in throwing your 'warnings' about. You got all worked up because I voiced my opinion of e bikes which I am perfectly entitled to. If anyone isn't following forum etiquette it's you with the above post... But don't worry I won't stoop to your level with an equivalent immature post.

You didn't see me or the other brit guy throwing insults at each other just because we had a differing opinion or preference... We settled it amicably until you entered the chat wavering your 'authority' about. I've not had a personal problem with anyone here except you. You should have your mod status revoked talking like that.
I told you politely The first time your anti ebike opinion wasn't wanted here. You replied with a tough guy response, started the name calling so you brought a harsh response on yourself.
Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean anyone else wants to hear it. Understand?
Like I said to the other guy, mind your own business and let others ride what they want.

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
I'd love to have one. Specialized looks like dream come true. But 250w? Aftermarket kits for good rigs starts at 1000w. And drumroll please... If my phone battery is the reason i upgrade, why some ebike different? Gotta shitcan the phone cause it needs a charge 3 times as often as when i bought it. Now give me a 10k bike with same issue? Pass. I bet they an awesome ride, but i need a stout bike that get er done. Plus a new whip banned on half my trails(the good ones) I dont follow rules but not big on breakin them full time, especially not in bad company. Still grinding classic uphill. Cost of doin business i guess. Im still green with enve though. May just have to wait for a while. They get better every year...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010074
Mobile Version of Website