Powered by Outside

Bay Area, CA riders, WHERE ARE YOU?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Bay Area, CA riders, WHERE ARE YOU?
Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 16:49 Quote
GREG MINNAAR willbe participating in the opening of the McLaren Bike park in SF tomorrow - Sat 10/21

https://mclarenbikepark.com/

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 9:08 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
GREG MINNAAR willbe participating in the opening of the McLaren Bike park in SF tomorrow - Sat 10/21

https://mclarenbikepark.com/

Looks like a fun bike park....

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 11:28 Quote
bnjii wrote:
Dylanmit wrote:
Anybody know of any good DH trails beside Carlmont and Pacifica??
Lime Ridge is pretty good. I really miss somewhere with decent sized jumps though. Any recommendation, ideally close to East Bay?

Pacifica has some awesome DH/Jump trails, as does San Rafael and Mill Valley if you know where to go.

Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 23:06 Quote
Hey everyone,

New to the Bay area (I'm in SF) I'm looking for some people to ride with.

Pacifica seems fun, but I have no idea where to find the trails.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 17:39 Quote
bluntknife wrote:
Hey everyone,

Download the trailforks app. Youll have no problem finding trails in pacifica, santa cruz, camp tamarancho and other popular areas. I wish i had done that sooner when i moved to the bay area. theres some good shops, elevation bike shop and bike connection are two shops that service MTB's and will gladly point you to local favorites.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 19:07 Quote
IsaacO wrote:
bluntknife wrote:
Hey everyone,

Download the trailforks app. Youll have no problem finding trails in pacifica, santa cruz, camp tamarancho and other popular areas. I wish i had done that sooner when i moved to the bay area. theres some good shops, elevation bike shop and bike connection are two shops that service MTB's and will gladly point you to local favorites.

I like MTB Project, but i use both. When i first started riding i joined Meetup.com groups and rode new trails that way...

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
IsaacO wrote:
bluntknife wrote:
Hey everyone,

I like MTB Project, but i use both. When i first started riding i joined Meetup.com groups and rode new trails that way...

Yes - see Charlie at Elevation he knows every inch of Montara mountain (Pacifica: 911 XXX Crack Mile Boyscout Cave, etc.)

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 20:43 Quote
Hey guys,

Just joined, looking for some DH places to hit in the South Bay. Been riding a hardtail for many years, just got a DH bike as that is what I love.

I signed up for the Otter Classic race, if you know of any newbie races in the area please let me know.

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
Twowheels4me wrote:
Hey guys,

Just joined, looking for some DH places to hit in the South Bay. Been riding a hardtail for many years, just got a DH bike as that is what I love.

I signed up for the Otter Classic race, if you know of any newbie races in the area please let me know.
Just missed an underground series finale and the SC college race. It is a bit "dry" for racing around here in the winter.

There is the Nicholas Aguilar Classic memorial race at Carlmont on the 24th.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
siderealwall2 wrote:
Twowheels4me wrote:
Hey guys,

Just missed an underground series finale and the SC college race. It is a bit "dry" for racing around here in the winter.

Lol wet trails but "dry racing".

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
siderealwall2 wrote:
Twowheels4me wrote:
Hey guys,

Everything is "dry" here in the Bay Area winter. Trails included. Of course, not compared to Aliso or Fontana, but still...

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
IsaacO wrote:
bluntknife wrote:
Hey everyone,

This is good advice. You can find a ton of the more fun trails just by looking around, just spend a day getting lost and use trailforks to make sure you're not completely lost. Also avoid tamarancho on the weekends as that place gets real crowded (maybe you're into that kinda thing but i enjoy solitude on my rides)

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 17:36 Quote
sosburn wrote:
IsaacO wrote:
bluntknife wrote:
Hey everyone,

This is good advice. You can find a ton of the more fun trails just by looking around, just spend a day getting lost and use trailforks to make sure you're not completely lost. Also avoid tamarancho on the weekends as that place gets real crowded (maybe you're into that kinda thing but i enjoy solitude on my rides)

If you do tamarancho on a weekend do it real early.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 19:09 Quote
siderealwall2 wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
siderealwall2 wrote:

Everything is "dry" here in the Bay Area winter. Trails included. Of course, not compared to Aliso or Fontana, but still...

Trails in santa Cruz aren't dry.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 19:35 Quote
siderealwall2 wrote:

Everything is "dry" here in the Bay Area

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011983
Mobile Version of Website