Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
painless wrote:

Thanks! Updated pic, as bike sits now.... tires swapped to tried and true Maxxis DHF DHR II. As well as 170mm Factory 36 grip 2.... and descendant carbon cranks.

photo

Are your brake levers perpendicular to the ground? Go OTB a lot?

lever angles can be any angle between 0 and 90 tbh, it really is personal preference, guys like yoana berilli runs his levers parallel to the ground lol

weren’t you just shitting on someones seat angle? so much for “personal preference”

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
photo

New rig built up and ready to ride. Just waiting on a broken finger to heal up so I can properly test it.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
feathers54 wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
painless wrote:

Thanks! Updated pic, as bike sits now.... tires swapped to tried and true Maxxis DHF DHR II. As well as 170mm Factory 36 grip 2.... and descendant carbon cranks.

photo

lever angles can be any angle between 0 and 90 tbh, it really is personal preference, guys like yoana berilli runs his levers parallel to the ground lol

To each their own. I run mine quite flat as I find it places me in a better position on the bike and reduces arm pump a little. On my Brompton they’re pointing down though Wink

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:

To each their own. I run mine quite flat as I find it places me in a better position on the bike and reduces arm pump a little. On my Brompton they’re pointing down though Wink

I run mine like this one. It depends on where your bar is in comparison to the saddle. If you run your saddle at the same height as the bar, flat levers feel good. If your bar is below the saddle, a bit more angle feels right.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
photo

New rig built up and ready to ride. Just waiting on a broken finger to heal up so I can properly test it.

Niiiiiiice

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
reedholden wrote:
abennett219 wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

I run mine like this one. It depends on where your bar is in comparison to the saddle. If you run your saddle at the same height as the bar, flat levers feel good. If your bar is below the saddle, a bit more angle feels right.

What if you run a dropper?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 23:47 Quote
If you haven't tried running your levers flat or close to flat, try it for a week... I ran mine at an angle for years and changed after a pro swore it was better regardless of other variables and convinced me to try it. Literally could not believe how much it cut down on pump in the rough and finger fatigue over long rides. Still feels weird setting them up just sitting on the bike but once I'm out riding, it feels way better.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
Some new squish on the rear of the spartan. Looking forward to getting it dialled!

photo

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 3:04 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
reedholden wrote:
abennett219 wrote:

What if you run a dropper?

always put ur lever angles in position that works best when descending as this is when your gonna be using them most

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
feathers54 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I know last year with my knee injuries I had about the same thing going. Very helpful to grind slowly up steep fire roads...

yes ofc but this is beyond "tilted forward" there is no biological way this is possibly comfy at this severe angle

Not at all, mine feels great like that. Keeps the back straight with long legs, short torso, and a seat angle that could possibly be steeper.

we have a similar physical condition, I too have long legs and a "short" torso due to a scoliosis, so I have to adapt to the new geo and I suffer a little from these rather long reaches.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
If you haven't tried running your levers flat or close to flat, try it for a week... I ran mine at an angle for years and changed after a pro swore it was better regardless of other variables and convinced me to try it. Literally could not believe how much it cut down on pump in the rough and finger fatigue over long rides. Still feels weird setting them up just sitting on the bike but once I'm out riding, it feels way better.

I've been trying to convince my buddies if this for a few years. Flatter levers and slide on grips have made the biggest difference in reducing am pump.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
Finished my megatower build.

S build with upgrades.
Reserve wheels
Fox 36 w/ acs and grip2
Vorsprung tuned super deluxe
Fox transfer 175mm
Shimano xtr brakes and drivetrain
Truvativ stylo crankset
Chromag bza 35mm rise 790mm
Raceface 32mm stem
Ergon grips and saddle
Maxxis tires
Trp rotors
Invisiframe installed gloss

31 lbs w/ pedals

Future upgrades:
Carbon cranks
Push 11-6
E13 tires

Cant wait to ride it.
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
longjohnsilver63 wrote:
feathers54 wrote:

yes ofc but this is beyond "tilted forward" there is no biological way this is possibly comfy at this severe angle

Not at all, mine feels great like that. Keeps the back straight with long legs, short torso, and a seat angle that could possibly be steeper.

we have a similar physical condition, I too have long legs and a "short" torso due to a scoliosis, so I have to adapt to the new geo and I suffer a little from these rather long reaches.
So you're saying your username isn't particularly accurate then.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
dkidd wrote:
longjohnsilver63 wrote:

So you're saying your username isn't particularly accurate then.

oh no, it's perfect, I'm "only" 185 cm and like many pirates I am a little disabled.....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043979
Mobile Version of Website