Powered by Outside

Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Apr 15, 2017 at 17:05 Quote
adrock-whistler wrote:
My 2017 Slash 9.8 just showed up yesterday, building it up this week. Can't wait to get it all dialed in and see what she can do.

Pics?

I'm itching to get mine! Have some Zees that I'm going to toss on right away. Probably also put on a carbon bar as well.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 6:56 Quote
Anybody spotted the new bontrager line pro 30s yet?
They're showing at £900 for a carbon enduro wheel set which comes in at 1539g for 650B with 29mm internal width.
Looks to be a decent set of wheels crazy cheap for what they are!

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
AlexxxC wrote:
They're showing at £900 for a carbon enduro wheel set which comes in at 1539g for 650B with 29mm internal width.

they will be out a little later this month.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 8:40 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:
adrock-whistler wrote:
My 2017 Slash 9.8 just showed up yesterday, building it up this week. Can't wait to get it all dialed in and see what she can do.

Pics?

I'm itching to get mine! Have some Zees that I'm going to toss on right away. Probably also put on a carbon bar as well.

Pics coming soon. But I'm saying this is the sexiest bike I've ever owned. Looks like The Black Stallion.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
adrock-whistler wrote:
ndirienzo wrote:
adrock-whistler wrote:

Pics?

Pics coming soon. But I'm saying this is the sexiest bike I've ever owned. Looks like The Black Stallion.

just ordered mine, should be here friday. Cannot freaking wait to ride it!

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 5:05 Quote
superging wrote:
AlexxxC wrote:

they will be out a little later this month.

They're just gone live on the UK Website.
Looking like they'll be my new wheelset!
https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/equipment/cycling-components/bike-wheels/bontrager-line-pro-30-tlr-boost/p/14953/

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
All built! Swapped out the Guides for Zees and the Bonty post for a Transfer. The parking lot ride tells me it's wayyyyy stiffer than my 2017 Fuel EX. Hoping to get it dirty tomorrow.

photo

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 8:29 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:
All built! Swapped out the Guides for Zees and the Bonty post for a Transfer. The parking lot ride tells me it's wayyyyy stiffer than my 2017 Fuel EX. Hoping to get it dirty tomorrow.

photo

I'm actually curious to hear the review of 17 F EX vs. 17 Remedy.

Let us know! Bike looks sick!

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:

photo

50 shades of black...looking good!

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 18:40 Quote
The 2017 Float X does not fit on a 2016 Remedy 29 21.5.... pics to come later.

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
Finally, after 2.5 years and only about 3000km my chainstay broke... it will be replaced under warranty though.

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/img7069wcpsxd9h5g.jpg

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 18:44 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:

photo

Definitely let us know how it rides! Awesome looking bike!

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:53 Quote
Tehuprising wrote:

Definitely let us know how it rides! Awesome looking bike!

ZenkiS14 wrote:

I'm actually curious to hear the review of 17 F EX vs. 17 Remedy.

Let us know! Bike looks sick![/Quote]

So, I've gotten in all of one ride before having to fly back here to Tucson. I'll be on it a bunch next week in North Carolina. But, I can say that it's an obscenely stiff bike, and for sure more confidence inspiring than the Fuel. I'm quite surprised in that it still pedals and climbs super well, especially when you click on the climb mode. What did suck is that the wheels are obscenely heavy at 2100 grams.... felt that more than anything going up. Also quite noticeable as I have I9/Noxs on my EX. I'll build a similar pair for this bike as soon as my bank account recovers. That alone will cut a pound off the bike, much of it rotational.

What wasn't surprising is that the bike is stupid confident going down anything. That slack head tube + long wheel base + travel makes you want to jump off and roll over all sorts of stuff. This is in contrast to my Fuel which I tend to keep more on the ground and instead focus on picking lines.

Anyway, that's my one ride review. I'll be riding it in NC in the coming weeks, including some stuff in Pisgah, so I'll give another update then.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 3:31 Quote
Hi all, I've had my Remedy 9 RSL for a few weeks now and have noticed something strange. The rear shock does not use it's full shaft stroke, even when there is no air in the shock. It bottoms out ~1cm from where the sag indicator would drop off the bottom of the shaft. I have spoken with the bike shop who say it measures correctly (57.5mm to where it bottoms out), but all previous experience and my slight mechanical knowledge tells me it's not correct... why would they supply a longer shaft than it uses?

Pic of where it bottoms below:
https://imgur.com/a/fhbpY

I'd just like to get to the bottom of this (hahaha), any help would be great. My new bike paranoia is kicking in hard.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.945090
Mobile Version of Website