Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
Not me, was over on Vital. More just picking on dkidd for the exact same crank decals I saw earlier today.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Not me, was over on Vital. More just picking on dkidd for the exact same crank decals I saw earlier today.

Indeed! That’s a bad day.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
Loving the new EXT ERA
Top of the hill in Ponca Arkansas BOC
Top of the hill in Ponca Arkansas BOC

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 18:57 Quote
Thats a really cool build and its got such a nice spec, so i just have to ask, why a YT frame?

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 20:37 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
It's cuz its on a Santa Cruz.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Thats a really cool build and its got such a nice spec, so i just have to ask, why a YT frame?

It was affordable at the time. I have just slowly put together what I wanted as far as components go. When I was able to afford the frame I wanted they were all sold out due to COVID so I just upgraded the YT. My thoughts were I’ll just swap everything back when I sell it and move everything aftermarket over to my next bike

Also wanna add that I’m very pleased with how the jeffsy handles. This thing with a coil in the rear just works. Really fun bike

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

It was affordable at the time. I have just slowly put together what I wanted as far as components go. When I was able to afford the frame I wanted they were all sold out due to COVID so I just upgraded the YT. My thoughts were I’ll just swap everything back when I sell it and move everything aftermarket over to my next bike

Also wanna add that I’m very pleased with how the jeffsy handles. This thing with a coil in the rear just works. Really fun bike

Thats cool, was really just wondering, i’ve heard mixed things about them but its hard to know whats true when a lot of it is comments on new bike reviews like “My YT has the same buiild kit as this ______ and was only half the price!!!!”

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 6:15 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Thats cool, was really just wondering, i’ve heard mixed things about them but its hard to know whats true when a lot of it is comments on new bike reviews like “My YT has the same buiild kit as this ______ and was only half the price!!!!”

I had a 29” Capra for a couple years and have to say it felt very similar to the 2020 enduro I rode a bunch this summer. Extremely (!!) plush on the way down and a surprisingly good climber. Perhaps not the bike for an all-day trail ride but happy for a few hours at least and totally at home on the shuttle days.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 9:32 Quote
Yea they are great. I hopped on my buddies at a bike park last summer and was blown away, he is pretty good at setup though.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
skerby wrote:
Yea they are great. I hopped on my buddies at a bike park last summer and was blown away, he is pretty good at setup though.

In fairness, I did swap out every single component on mine. I bought the cheapest version available and then added an X01 12 speed drivetrain, saint brakes, longer travel post, an RC2 lyrik and an X2, as well as some carbon roval wheels with minions that I had. The stock setup was pretty terrible, especially the the e13 tires and super deluxe shock. That thing felt terrible but the X2 completely changed the feel of the bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
Trying out a coil for the first time. Saw this on the Pinkbike BuySell and couldn't pass it up. I wish the season was longer Wink

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
kilo11 wrote:
Trying out a coil for the first time. Saw this on the Pinkbike BuySell and couldn't pass it up. I wish the season was longer Wink

photo
photo

Ohhh that’s nice.... what bike was the shock originally configured for do you know??

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 7:23 Quote
kilo11 wrote:

photo
photo

Ohhh that’s nice.... what bike was the shock originally configured for do you know??

a 2017-19 slayer and the guy was really close to my weight so it worked out nicely

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
That’s awesome, congratulations! It’s extremely hard to get that lucky with a used 11-6

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.440750
Mobile Version of Website