Powered by Outside

YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 3:30 Quote
Friend did the same on his gambler when we were in France. Basically the seals inside blow of their seats and cause all sorts of problems. Sent it back for repair and came back worse was the same as your describing. In the end he got a warranty replacement with the coil x2 instead and it's been perfectly

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 7:29 Quote
photo
Few little upgrades! Now converting to tubeless Nobby Nic´s !! Lookin foward to the change ! What do you think ?

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 22:57 Quote
Hey, planing to buy a tues cf comp for my next racing season when they releas the 2017 models, but i have a question about sizing.
I'm 6" (184cm) and im currently riding an old 2007 bike wich is to small for me, so im in between sizes on the tues (m/l) my question is what do you recommend l or m

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 23:48 Quote
I'm the same size and happy on L. For racing I would definitely go with the bigger size.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 2:12 Quote
Same size, happy with an L, maybe would get longer for racing, but the L is already big but still playful to just ride for fun.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 at 14:26 Quote
struc wrote:
Hey, planing to buy a tues cf comp for my next racing season when they releas the 2017 models, but i have a question about sizing.
I'm 6" (184cm) and im currently riding an old 2007 bike wich is to small for me, so im in between sizes on the tues (m/l) my question is what do you recommend l or m

Large at a minimum. I'm 6' and have been very happy with my large CF Pro. That said, it looks likely that there'll be an XL in the 2017 model range. Suspect the recommended sizes relative to peoples' heights will change.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 15:37 Quote
that-monster wrote:
Killrockstar wrote:
To be fair the money being spent on your service should pay for your service.

You want to lose more business by not servicing bikes bought from another source?

Sounds like a good business model! ????

Service is more than "fixing bikes". It's sorting problems, advising and generally looking after a customer.

Key word being customer.

Someone who picks my brain for advice on everything and then f*cks off and buys on chain reaction/yt/canyon/etc is the reason bike staff get cagey about what they explain and tell you.

"what bike frame size should I get?" "I just want to try some shoes on for size" "ok I'll go away and have a think about these jerseys I've just tried on, do you price match?"

If you've said any of the above I hope you burn in a fiery hell.

I'll do a service on your bike no problem, but don't expect me to back up the warranty for you, your warranty is in germany and that's where you'll have to take them back.

You wouldn't buy a Skoda and take it to a Lamborghini garage and expect them to warranty your Skoda, sure they can service it, but they're not going to handle the sale aftercare because it's not their sale.

This is such a stupid and backwards way of looking at things.

As a brick and mortar bike shop can offer many things that the online retailers can't. You can come in, talk, get advice, see things first hand, see what you like, make sure you're getting the right size and walk away with whatever it is the same day. If there's something wrong you can bring it back and there will always be somebody to help. You can also target that community element where you create a space where people can meet and start group rides etc etc. All CRC are is cheaper. They're not better in any other way.

Yet bike shops so often fail to deliver on what their competitive advantage actually is. They often have limited/no stock so you can't come in and browse and potentially come away with the part the same day. They often employ teenagers who's advice people don't trust. Sales people are often sharks and try to sell you what they have on the shop floor not what it actually is you need.

I always feel like I'm doing my bike shop a favour by going in there, like I'm going in there specifically to support a local business rather than going in for the experience they provide.

Bike shop workers like you have this super entitled "everyone should come to us, we are a pillar of the community" attitude, like customers owe you a living. If people would rather shop online to save £5 than come to your store with all the benefit you can add you're doing a poor job. Customers obviously don't feel your service is worth anything and don't even like you enough to do you the favor.

That's an absolutely shit analogy with the skoda and the lamborghini by the way.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 8:51 Quote
1 more question:
did anyone try to get vat refund?
im thinking about the option but not to buy the bike on a company but
my racing club (is it even possible)

Posted: Jan 15, 2017 at 17:12 Quote
tom666 wrote:
that-monster wrote:
Killrockstar wrote:
To be fair the money being spent on your service should pay for your service.

You want to lose more business by not servicing bikes bought from another source?

Sounds like a good business model! ????

Service is more than "fixing bikes". It's sorting problems, advising and generally looking after a customer.

Key word being customer.

Someone who picks my brain for advice on everything and then f*cks off and buys on chain reaction/yt/canyon/etc is the reason bike staff get cagey about what they explain and tell you.

"what bike frame size should I get?" "I just want to try some shoes on for size" "ok I'll go away and have a think about these jerseys I've just tried on, do you price match?"

If you've said any of the above I hope you burn in a fiery hell.

I'll do a service on your bike no problem, but don't expect me to back up the warranty for you, your warranty is in germany and that's where you'll have to take them back.

You wouldn't buy a Skoda and take it to a Lamborghini garage and expect them to warranty your Skoda, sure they can service it, but they're not going to handle the sale aftercare because it's not their sale.

This is such a stupid and backwards way of looking at things.

As a brick and mortar bike shop can offer many things that the online retailers can't. You can come in, talk, get advice, see things first hand, see what you like, make sure you're getting the right size and walk away with whatever it is the same day. If there's something wrong you can bring it back and there will always be somebody to help. You can also target that community element where you create a space where people can meet and start group rides etc etc. All CRC are is cheaper. They're not better in any other way.

Yet bike shops so often fail to deliver on what their competitive advantage actually is. They often have limited/no stock so you can't come in and browse and potentially come away with the part the same day. They often employ teenagers who's advice people don't trust. Sales people are often sharks and try to sell you what they have on the shop floor not what it actually is you need.

I always feel like I'm doing my bike shop a favour by going in there, like I'm going in there specifically to support a local business rather than going in for the experience they provide.

Bike shop workers like you have this super entitled "everyone should come to us, we are a pillar of the community" attitude, like customers owe you a living. If people would rather shop online to save £5 than come to your store with all the benefit you can add you're doing a poor job. Customers obviously don't feel your service is worth anything and don't even like you enough to do you the favor.

That's an absolutely shit analogy with the skoda and the lamborghini by the way.

interdasting.

I brought a YT online here in NZ, needed help putting it together and then for the first service.

I went to my local bike shop and explained the situation and they where happy to help out.
I have brought a tonne of stuff from them though, including a road bike and a XC mtb.

But I can see how it would be annoying when people just come in and F them round, but you are always going to get some people do that.

also I am happy to bring my business to these guys, they (R&R sport) where brought out by a chain retailer a few years back, and I own share in that chain retailer, so kinda helping myself. Despite being brought out, they maintain that local bike shop feel

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
Anyone else is having serious bearing issues with their YT ? and with YT consumer services ?

I bought a Tues Comp 2015 in Feb 2016 and had bearing issues from the get go.

I have been trying to get a new set of bearings since last July and the Canadian rep don't return calls nor emails, and the Head Office in Germany just keep stating that they'll look into it.

The frame is at my local shop and all bearings are out, and indeed, they're all kaput. I'm still waiting for YT to send a new set.

I'"m very displeased with YT consumer services at this point.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues ?

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
Bragelonne wrote:
Anyone else is having serious bearing issues with their YT ? and with YT consumer services ?

I have been trying to get a new set of bearings since last July and the Canadian rep don't return calls nor emails, and the Head Office in Germany just keep stating that they'll look into it.

The frame is at my local shop and all bearings are out, and indeed, they're all kaput. I'm still waiting for YT to send a new set.

That sucks man, their customer service is notoriously bad, have you tried sourcing your own bearings?

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
Bragelonne wrote:

If you have to source your own bearings you'll get all the info you need on bearings required here http://www.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/TUES_CF_650B_Exploded_Drawing.pdf I replaced mine about 18 months after getting the bike, just as part of ongoing maintenance

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
@Bragelonne

Same issue, but I disagree with you, their customer service is ok, I always received an answer in less than a week (to german e-mail) :
- 4th April : Bought my Tues
- 30th July : Ask for bearings (dead after 4 months) --> Few days later YT asked me they are out of stock for an unknown period of time and gave me the bearing references. I tried to find thoses bearings in local store but a way to expenssive than those YT sells, so decided to wait. I unlocked them and clean them (WD40 + high air pressure) and then put a pretty nice amount of grease in it. I Need to repeat this operation almost every single month to keep a smooth supsension feeling.
- 17th October ask again YT about bearings availability --> YT asked me bearings will be back soon
- Begining December : They didn't lie, bearings were in stock 2 weeks later (https://www.yt-industries.com/fr/produits/quipement/accessoires/roulement-a-billes-cadre-set-tues-cf?c=248) Hope you can access from Canda to this french version of YT website.
- End of the story : Finally cracked my frame and received a frame with new bearings on it.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
Groscreux wrote:
@Bragelonne

Same issue, but I disagree with you, their customer service is ok, I always received an answer in less than a week (to german e-mail) :

I'll email again the Head Office in Germany then; as the Canadian rep seemed to have vanished from the face of the earth.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019522
Mobile Version of Website