Switzerland

PB Forum :: Europe
Switzerland
O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
I can HIGLY recommend the Nationalpar-Biketour
Official Siwss MTB Tour Nr 444
Especially the Part Scoul to Val Müstair and VAl Müstair to Livigno (the Val Mora is very very nice!)

http://www.schweizmobil.ch/de/mountainbikeland/routen/route-0444.html

http://map.geo.admin.ch

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 1:26 Quote
For Val Müstair, I can highly recommend
https://ridelaval.com/en/

Lenzerheide Bikepark is quite crowded but allows access to some gems higher up in the mountain down to Arosa and Chur.
Davos' trails are marked quite well, but linking them to make the most out of the day and have time to enjoy the views and food can be tricky.
Zürich has also some hidden gems, by the way ;-)

Feel free to contact me directly, I work myself as a guide on my spare time through Bikeschule Zürich

TheLinesSeeker wrote:
Hi all,

I looked a bit through this whole thread and from what I see there are a few key places in Switzerland that come back often. Verbier, Zermatt and Davos.

My wife and I will be doing a road trip through southern EU this summer and will be in Switzerland around end of June.

We will be on our Ebikes (Focus Jam2 and Orbea RiseM10), and are looking for natural, scenic trail. Not crazy technical but some techy sections are cool.

I was in Verbier last summer and there are for sure great trails, super scenic like Vertigo (although that will be too hard for my wife).

But I am wondering if there are some less known spots with those magical trails in less crowded places? Hiring a guide is an option to access local gems. I heard about Val Müstair or the area around the Oeschinenmeer but have not looked further into it yet.

Any recommandation is highly appreciated.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
Thanks Really appreciate the recommandation.
I think Val Müstair will be on the trip.
Zürich is maybe a little to far north for our route.
But I am now looking at the Grindelwald area and that also looks like a beautiful spot. Any experience there?

yeti85 wrote:
For Val Müstair, I can highly recommend
https://ridelaval.com/en/

Lenzerheide Bikepark is quite crowded but allows access to some gems higher up in the mountain down to Arosa and Chur.
Davos' trails are marked quite well, but linking them to make the most out of the day and have time to enjoy the views and food can be tricky.
Zürich has also some hidden gems, by the way ;-)

Feel free to contact me directly, I work myself as a guide on my spare time through Bikeschule Zürich

TheLinesSeeker wrote:
Hi all,

I looked a bit through this whole thread and from what I see there are a few key places in Switzerland that come back often. Verbier, Zermatt and Davos.

My wife and I will be doing a road trip through southern EU this summer and will be in Switzerland around end of June.

We will be on our Ebikes (Focus Jam2 and Orbea RiseM10), and are looking for natural, scenic trail. Not crazy technical but some techy sections are cool.

I was in Verbier last summer and there are for sure great trails, super scenic like Vertigo (although that will be too hard for my wife).

But I am wondering if there are some less known spots with those magical trails in less crowded places? Hiring a guide is an option to access local gems. I heard about Val Müstair or the area around the Oeschinenmeer but have not looked further into it yet.

Any recommandation is highly appreciated.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 23:38 Quote
TheLinesSeeker wrote:
Thanks Really appreciate the recommandation.
I think Val Müstair will be on the trip.
Zürich is maybe a little to far north for our route.
But I am now looking at the Grindelwald area and that also looks like a beautiful spot. Any experience there?

There you have the Eiger Bike Challenge. Some parts of the race course are not allowed outside the race, but they have a training route with most of the trails.
It's a XC course, but the environment is just stunning!

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 20:33 Quote
Im visiting (from USA) my sister in Geneva in late April. I know this is not the ideal time to ride in the alps but looking for any information on where I could get a few good rides. Interested in enduro type rides (especially since parks will not be open) anywhere working a few hours.

Curious if les gets/morzine/Morgins has any riding open that time of year?

Any advice much appreciated!!

Joey

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
jshort531 wrote:
Im visiting (from USA) my sister in Geneva in late April. I know this is not the ideal time to ride in the alps but looking for any information on where I could get a few good rides. Interested in enduro type rides (especially since parks will not be open) anywhere working a few hours.

Curious if les gets/morzine/Morgins has any riding open that time of year?

Any advice much appreciated!!

Joey

I wouldn’t expect it. You never know how early the snow melts, but it’s basically still ski season then. If you have a car, you could drive to Italy. Finale Ligure is only a couple of hours from Geneva and should be nice then.

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 11:16 Quote
Hi all,

I know I'm sorta new here (at least this user name is anyways), but I'll ask anyways. As we all know, finding bike parts to keep us on the trails in these strange times has been difficult to say the least. Especially in my geographical area (near Toronto Canada). All the major brands have basically picked their most loyal and favorite regions to send their limited supply to and left the rest of us to fight over the scraps.

I've found some of the parts I need on HiBike to complete me and my sons builds, but HiBike will not ship Sram or Shimano components to North America. This might be a big ask (and a risk on my part), but can anyone willing, in Switzerland or who will be in Switzerland, act as stop for my parts to ship to before being forwarded to myself?

I'm really only asking out of desperation from trying to find the parts needed to get my son and myself biking again before the weather once again turns towards cycling season.

Please message me or answer in the this thread if you or someone you know in (or who will be in) Switzerland is willing to acted as a liaison for me. Thanks.

Appreciation and well being to you all,
Sincerely, John

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
chubbychaser wrote:
Hi all,

I know I'm sorta new here (at least this user name is anyways), but I'll ask anyways. As we all know, finding bike parts to keep us on the trails in these strange times has been difficult to say the least. Especially in my geographical area (near Toronto Canada). All the major brands have basically picked their most loyal and favorite regions to send their limited supply to and left the rest of us to fight over the scraps.

I've found some of the parts I need on HiBike to complete me and my sons builds, but HiBike will not ship Sram or Shimano components to North America. This might be a big ask (and a risk on my part), but can anyone willing, in Switzerland or who will be in Switzerland, act as stop for my parts to ship to before being forwarded to myself?

I'm really only asking out of desperation from trying to find the parts needed to get my son and myself biking again before the weather once again turns towards cycling season.

Please message me or answer in the this thread if you or someone you know in (or who will be in) Switzerland is willing to acted as a liaison for me. Thanks.

Sincerely, John

Hi Buddy,

I think that Hibike is in Germany ?

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
chubbychaser wrote:
Hi all,

Sincerely, John

Hi Buddy,

Yes it is, which is why he will be saving on the tax, 16% in germany and 7.7% in switzerland.

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 13:09 Quote
yeti85 wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:
chubbychaser wrote:
Hi all,

Sincerely, John

Hi Buddy,

Yes it is, which is why he will be saving on the tax, 16% in germany and 7.7% in switzerland.

But do they have the structure to include the Swiss VAT nowadays ?
Because if not you have to order without VAT to Switzerland and then pay the VAT+Zoll fees + the delivery fees which are higher for Switzerland than EU. So even if the VAT is lower the grand total might be similar.
And then the Swiss post is more expensive than most of EU posts for sending a parcel to Canada…

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
yeti85 wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:

Hi Buddy,

Because if not you have to order without VAT to Switzerland and then pay the VAT+Zoll fees + the delivery fees which are higher for Switzerland than EU. So even if the VAT is lower the grand total might be similar.
And then the Swiss post is more expensive than most of EU posts for sending a parcel to Canada…

Thanks for the prompt responses everyone! The reason I chose Switzerland as a relay was that the shipping fee is virtually nothing and VAT compared to other EU countries is small. I didn't know that you'd have to pay VAT and other fees as the products enters the country. I've purchased a few items from the US and depending on the courier sometimes I don't get charged any duty or tax, other times I do (usually both fees together...ouch). Most of the time it's been favorable though and I don't pay anything.

A year or so ago I ordered some parts from WIggle and didn't have to pay any duty or tax...I believe the UK was still in the EU at the time. Seems like governments around the world are taking more than their pound of flesh nowadays.

Anyways, I'll be ordering a good chunk of parts and I've looked into Zoll and it amounts to only about 10% at worst of my order (possibly less) and I'd much rather pay 7.7% VAT than the double digits in other countries. That's even better than the 13% we pay in Canada.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
chubbychaser wrote:
Brodybro29 wrote:
yeti85 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt responses everyone! The reason I chose Switzerland as a relay was that the shipping fee is virtually nothing and VAT compared to other EU countries is small. I didn't know that you'd have to pay VAT and other fees as the products enters the country. I've purchased a few items from the US and depending on the courier sometimes I don't get charged any duty or tax, other times I do (usually both fees together...ouch). Most of the time it's been favorable though and I don't pay anything.

A year or so ago I ordered some parts from WIggle and didn't have to pay any duty or tax...I believe the UK was still in the EU at the time. Seems like governments around the world are taking more than their pound of flesh nowadays.

Anyways, I'll be ordering a good chunk of parts and I've looked into Zoll and it amounts to only about 10% at worst of my order (possibly less) and I'd much rather pay 7.7% VAT than the double digits in other countries. That's even better than the 13% we pay in Canada.

There's also this kind of service:
https://mygermany.com/

bet if you google parcel forwarding Germany, some more will show.

Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 7:13 Quote
Hi,
we are currently trying to create a travel guide for longer vacations. It is still in a testing phase... but we would love some feedback: https://trail-hub.com/
Any Feedback would be appreciated Salute

Thanks

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 1:59 Quote
Hi all,

I've recently moved to Switzerland for an internship, and will be staying until August 31st. I plan to move from Solothurn to Bern the next month, and am struggling with finding a nice room there. I would love to live with some people that are also interested in mountain biking and/or road biking, to hit some trails after work and in the weekends! I am a 26 year old Dutch engineering student that has lived in shared houses for the past 8 years. Don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to know more.

I know it is a long shot to look for a possible room here, but if you have one available or have tips to help me find one that would be much appreciated. As for the room itself, preferably it would have at least a bed. If empty I could consider buying basic furniture as well. Budget is pretty flexible as well.

Hit me up if you have any tips or if you would like to meet up for some riding anytime!

Cheers

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 2:56 Quote
Daankemme wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently moved to Switzerland for an internship, and will be staying until August 31st. I plan to move from Solothurn to Bern the next month, and am struggling with finding a nice room there. I would love to live with some people that are also interested in mountain biking and/or road biking, to hit some trails after work and in the weekends! I am a 26 year old Dutch engineering student that has lived in shared houses for the past 8 years. Don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like to know more.

I know it is a long shot to look for a possible room here, but if you have one available or have tips to help me find one that would be much appreciated. As for the room itself, preferably it would have at least a bed. If empty I could consider buying basic furniture as well. Budget is pretty flexible as well.

Hit me up if you have any tips or if you would like to meet up for some riding anytime!

Cheers

If nothing pops up, try wgzimmer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011897
Mobile Version of Website