Powered by Outside

Doea anybody actually sell anything on pink bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Doea anybody actually sell anything on pink bike
Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
Personally I use the buy/sell quite a lot. I think it's a great option, particularly as it's free.
One thing I would like to see is adverts expiring after a certain amount of time if not re posted (say two weeks). There are so many old ads, some over a year old, that sellers can't be bothered to remove, it would make searching a lot easier.

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 19:23 Quote
Yep I'm the same way, immediately communicate with potentials buyers, ship the same day, tracking info the second it ships. Being a good seller helps!

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 7:34 Quote
metaam wrote:
Personally I use the buy/sell quite a lot. I think it's a great option, particularly as it's free.
One thing I would like to see is adverts expiring after a certain amount of time if not re posted (say two weeks). There are so many old ads, some over a year old, that sellers can't be bothered to remove, it would make searching a lot easier.

Yup - this is needed. Clearly sellers can't be counted on to go through all the trouble of clicking on the "delete" or "mark sold" buttons so it needs to be handled for them. Right now there are listings still posted that haven't been updated in two years.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 9:06 Quote
Yeah its kind of sketchy buying something that costs more than 2k+ sight unseen. However I've had good luck with selling, I sold my YETI SB95 an the buyer was a great guy, so i hooked him up with some expedited shipping! I sold it for 1300$ because thats what i bought it for, however, I saw many ads on here for same bike in worse condition imo for 2k+

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 14:34 Quote
knischewsky0 wrote:
because all the price of USED bike are crazy high, people saying it a top level bike with entry level deore parts.

so I ask "does anybody actually sell anything on here?"

you got to shop around

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 17:28 Quote
It's kinda weird, yes agree that some of the full bike prices are crazy. But I have bought frames and a fork, perfect transactions. No problem buying parts up to frames and would be ok with a full bike too, but I have fun piecing together bikes from my garage.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 18:09 Quote
I have seen some old postings in buy sell,

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 9:35 Quote
I've had great luck selling bikes over the past 6 years. I've never bought a full bike, but have bought plenty of parts. Never had an issue.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 4:52 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2058002/

My favorite listing I found in my local buy/sell...

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 6:16 Quote
fuzzhead45 wrote:

I read the description and literally laughed at it. His bro in law sounds like a dick.

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
I bought a 2014 Devinci wilson carb sight unseen and the shits treating me well. It also helped that the seller had a wife beating on him to sell the bike.

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 18:58 Quote
Kenfire24 wrote:
fuzzhead45 wrote:

I read the description and literally laughed at it. His bro in law sounds like a dick.
What a gem!lol

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 1:54 Quote
What's your best price?

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
I am a frequent seller on Pink Bike but I try to not waste any time so I post a much more competitive price than others of comparable bike or parts on Pinkbike. Then I watch for how many views I get. If lots of views but no offers than I drop some more. I sell to sell not hold on to forever waiting. In saying that if I want to get rid of it quicker I've been much more successful on Kijiji which is I do after it's been on Pinkbike for a while. I have a love hate thing for Kijiji. The low ball offers and pet peeve questions like, I'm interested followed by Is this still available and nothing more.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
Incredible. Looking to buy a used Mtn Bike and came across one on this site, BTW- a great site. I just found it. The seller (Godii) was asking 2300. I saw on blue book, that another identical bike sold for 1770, which BB indicated was the private sales price. I also saw an identical bike (and same year) sell on ebay last week under 2000. So I offered 2000. He gets huffy and mad, saying his price is fair. I sent him a link where I saw the bike sale at 1770, and told him that I didn't know BB had different prices for the same bike and year... and that I was just making an offer. And he just blocks me. Pretty weird.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021969
Mobile Version of Website