Powered by Outside

The new Troy 29er is Amazing!

PB Forum :: Devinci
The new Troy 29er is Amazing!
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
DMal wrote:
But still, has anyone found a tooled thru axle that fits the 157 Devincis? My googling has not been successful so far.

Is this correct?

Good one! That looks like it would work.

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
DMal wrote:

Salute

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
DMal wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
DMal wrote:
But still, has anyone found a tooled thru axle that fits the 157 Devincis? My googling has not been successful so far.

Is this correct?

Let us know if that axle works! Also very interested. No need for a quick release lever on the rear axle and it sticks out far and really reduces rear end clearance through tight spaces. I've smacked the one on my Troy many times, and the one on my less than 2 week old Django is already all scraped up too.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
DMal wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Is this correct?

Let us know if that axle works! Also very interested. No need for a quick release lever on the rear axle and it sticks out far and really reduces rear end clearance through tight spaces. I've smacked the one on my Troy many times, and the one on my less than 2 week old Django is already all scraped up too.

I got one aswell! it works good!

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
isack wrote:
I got one aswell! it works good!

Salute

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
Question about maximum seatpost insertion - I am running a large and thinking of getting a longer dropper post. Is anyone running a 170 post on their large with it lowered all the way to the collar? If you are, what post is it?

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
DMal wrote:
Question about maximum seatpost insertion - I am running a large and thinking of getting a longer dropper post. Is anyone running a 170 post on their large with it lowered all the way to the collar? If you are, what post is it?

Im running a 170mm one up. The one up post is the shortest post on the market for insertion.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
isack wrote:
DMal wrote:

Im running a 170mm one up. The one up post is the shortest post on the market for insertion.

My XL Troy came with a 170mm, I have only about 1" of the post exposed. scared me at first, thought my legs were going to be too short, I'm 6'2" working great though. Like my 29er much better than my 27.5

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
I picked up a 185x55 Super Deluxe from an online store and just mounted it on my bike. As it turns out, the seatstay bridge just bumps the seat tube at bottom out. It looks like it will clear, but if you really bounce on it with the shock deflated, it just hits. I'm not comfortable running it and will be looking to get the stroke reduced (which I'm assuming is possible).

So for those wondering, you're better off to stick with the 185x52.5 shock. Some bikes will allow a shock with longer stroke than stock to be run, but the Troy does not appear to be one that does.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
DMal wrote:
I'm not comfortable running it [ ... ]

Wise choice. Bikes flex several millimeters during a hard bottom-out and that would be a nasty impact with no room for tubes to give.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
The other thing I did was bump the Lyrik up to 170, like Keegan Wright’s race bike. It’s freaking rad. The bike just feels a tad calmer at speed and on the rough stuff.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
Don't you find the 170 slacks it out too much though? I'd be ok with it on the front end but it already has a seat tube angle a little slacker than I'd like. Typically do big climb days on this bike (when I'm away from Ontario obviously) so I went with a 150mm 51 offset 36 to keep it a little steeper and make the climbs a little more manageable.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Don't you find the 170 slacks it out too much though? I'd be ok with it on the front end but it already has a seat tube angle a little slacker than I'd like. Typically do big climb days on this bike (when I'm away from Ontario obviously) so I went with a 150mm 51 offset 36 to keep it a little steeper and make the climbs a little more manageable.

Yeah, I think it depends what you’re after. I have no doubt that the bike is a bit more comfortable to climb on with the 150 fork. But with the 160 or 170 and the seat slammed forward, I don’t notice the front end being light. The fact that I’m a bit more stretched out at 5’8” riding a large probably helps.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
Guys, this seems like a solid thread on the Troy 29er. I need some advice -- I'm currently on a 2018 Trance advanced (27.5) and I'm considering a change. My main gripes with the trance is the fox 34 in the front (too flexy, definitely a limiting feature of the build) and Id love to be slacker in HA by at least 1 degree (currently 67). I do love riding the bike on the trails, and its a fun, poppy bike with a bigger volume spacer in the dpx2. It's fairly light and capable, but again I'm just looking for a change.

I was considering the Django, but the build kits aren't burly enough for me to sign on with that bike as a one off bike. I'd love the Norco Optic with its burly build kit (essentially enduro spec) but my local shop doesn't sell that brand and I'm pretty partial to sticking with the guy since he gives out wicked deals and lots of local support. Needless to say, I like the 2020 Carbon 29 or the carbon/alu build for the troy, but I'm worried it'll be 'too much bike' for regular trail riding. We dont have big mountains here, but we do have lots of rock and downhill tech, but no massive downhills in North Bay, Ontario. I ride a few parks a year (blue mountain, bromont, camp fortune, killington, etc) but it really makes up less than 5% of total ride time, so i cant pick a bike specific for that.

Do you think the 29er troy would be too much?

If you do, what bike would you suggest? I can essentially pick from Specialized, Santa Cruz, Devinci, Giant, Kona and Pivot (a less likely option).

Looking for something no bigger than 150mm front, roughly 130-140 rear travel with burly level components (pike, lyric, 36, quad piston brakes, decent drivetrain, etc) that pedals well on the regular trails but remains capable at a park or some tech downhill when it comes time (probably the same as tons of people).

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
travismurphynb wrote:
Do you think the 29er troy would be too much?

It pedals well and the geometry works well for climbing, so there's little detriment to going "up" a class with the Troy. The seat-tube angle could be steeper, so don't be afraid to size up and slam the saddle forward.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020345
Mobile Version of Website