Whats a good slopestyle bike that has a good amount of travel and dosnt cost like 5k?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Whats a good slopestyle bike that has a good amount of travel and dosnt cost like 5k?
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 5:56 Quote
lamborghini2000 wrote:
elfreeridefreako wrote:
transition double. only way to go
Nah its nice but it cant even fit a dhx air 5.0 on the back.
you shouldnt even care about that if youre twelve seriously you dont need 8 or 9 inches of travel period

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 11:04 Quote
Yea you guys and gals are right. Lower travel is better especially when im 12. a Norco five would be nice. A parker would kick ass. A double would be kickin. A bottle rocket would be sick. Ill be sticking with my hardtail for another year or to, Get good enough on that then ill step it up to a dualie. As for getting a SS bike i probley wont get one untill 2009+ But thanks for all the help. You guys and girls really gave me a list to think about when the time comes.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
Good decision, you'll get really smooth on the hardtail and save a boatload of cash to spend later

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
slopestyle bikes...hmmm

its somewhat misleading as what a pro rider would use (typically a 4" travel, firmly sprung setup) and what the public would use (typically a 5-6" travel, mid travel freeride bike) are very different...

I would not use the Wildcard for a slopestyle competition, i would use a Banshee Rampant (4" travel)

likewise with Transition bikes, you would not use the Bottle Rocket but the Double

its hard to get a Bottle Rocket or Wildcard under 35lb unless spending crazy money, and that is simply too much weight for a true slopestyle bike

the Bottle Rocket and Wildcard are awesome mid travel freeride bikes but your best bet is to try some out if you have local riders on these rigs, and also look at production bikes where you will get more "bang for your $$ buck" than a custom build on a boutique frame

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
Finally. Jesus. You don't need a three grand slopestyle bike meant for hucking when you're twelve.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
umm i kno that. If i get a 3grand bike it will be at least in 2012

O+
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
Then why would you make the thread now? even 2 years from now the current slopestyle trend will have shifted and somthing else better will have been created.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
well... I think ill stick with saving up for the parker...

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
feds wrote:
feds wrote:
I think you're thinking a little bit too large here. If you actually are twelve, odds are, you're not going to need a top of the line slopestyle bike. The Yeti SS will cost you more than the Bottlerocket, as will an Intense 6.6 SS, etc.

If you're on a budget, odds are the big name bike companies will have the better bikes for you. Unless you have a job and amazing saving skills, or your parents are paying for this, you should look for a solid short full suspension freeride bike. Does it really need to be built for slopestyle? Bikes like the Bottlerocket and the Yeti SS are meant for the guys that are pulling huge tricks off even bigger jumps and drops.

You could wait until the Norco comes out in 09, which is what I would do, especially if you don't have the money now. Or, if you have some money and just can't wait, look at bikes like the Kona Bass, Spesh Gromhit (yes, 24 inch wheels, but good spec), the Norco Six or 4X, or other big name bike company freeride bikes.

Another thing: think of buying used. You can find some huge deals in PB's own Buyand Sell, but arrange pickups and be smart, you never know who will want to rip you off.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
I'd get a Demo 7 1. I ride one, and its the best ride ever. But its impossible to climb and ride in town on. Thats the only downfall

O+
Posted: May 22, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
HardcoreDin wrote:
I'd get a Demo 7 1. I ride one, and its the best ride ever. But its impossible to climb and ride in town on. Thats the only downfall
\

Stop suggesting new bikes. The thread is done. Please read before you post.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
mythic wildcard, im not sure but i think they're known as banshee wildcard in canada

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
THE THREAD IS f*ckING DONE! Can you please listen next time.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
This thread is in fact done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017318
Mobile Version of Website