Powered by Outside

Big Bear back in the downhill game

PB Forum :: USA - West
Big Bear back in the downhill game
Posted: May 26, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
Grizzlycycles661 wrote:
gonna bring the biggest group of squids out on the mountain for sure. Standing on drops and lips and all that shit! look for us on our hybrid ebikes!!
Lol....don’t tempt the cosmic forces!

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
One of my worst crashes at snow summit was on miracle mile. That first rock drop thing right after the big jump (aka the start of the trail). Some old dude wearing a polo shirt and khaki shorts was stopped in the middle of the trail with his hybrid. I locked up my brakes trying to avoid him and Ate it down the drop. I was pissed.

Posted: May 26, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
Austink wrote:
One of my worst crashes at snow summit was on miracle mile. That first rock drop thing right after the big jump (aka the start of the trail). Some old dude wearing a polo shirt and khaki shorts was stopped in the middle of the trail with his hybrid. I locked up my brakes trying to avoid him and Ate it down the drop. I was pissed.

I know the pain. I broke three ribs crashing while trying to avoid a dumbass that slammed on brakes on a jump take off!! Of course they just rode away without a word.

Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
Looks like class 1 e-bikes are allowed now on many of the trails.
With the new e-bikes such as the YT Decoy and Norco that should
be fun although the motor would be turned off the whole time as you
still take the lift up!! So really just a heavier bike going down....

Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
Yeah I don't get why anyone would buy a lift ticket to ride an ebike there. I would just ride up the dirt road and down the trails for free if I had an ebike

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
You have to buy a lift ticket to ride those trails anyway. So you might as well take the lift. But I agree, why would you take an ebike to a bike park that has a lift up?

Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
Probably the main reason is if it's your only bike. Not everybody has a regular bike and an e-bike and may not want to rent a bike there. This just gives another option of bringing the bike you already have.

Posted: Jun 20, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
You have to buy a lift ticket to ride those trails anyway. So you might as well take the lift. But I agree, why would you take an ebike to a bike park that has a lift up?

Yup, you gotta pay a lift ticket to ride those trails mmmmhmmm. Wink

Posted: Jun 20, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
Yep mountain top ticket checkers get ya every time.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 20:49 Quote
So If you’re walking the first set of rocks on miracle mile you probably shouldn’t be on that trail? Am I wrong? Had a conversation with a group of 6 or so people that got really offended when I told them its not gonna get any easier and they should probably avoid the trail if they can’t handle that section.

Posted: Jun 21, 2020 at 23:14 Quote
Oh man that sounds both hilarious and frustrating. They pose a bigger safety hazard to others than they do themselves.

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
Grizzlycycles661 wrote:
So If you’re walking the first set of rocks on miracle mile you probably shouldn’t be on that trail? Am I wrong? Had a conversation with a group of 6 or so people that got really offended when I told them its not gonna get any easier and they should probably avoid the trail if they can’t handle that section.

You lost me at group of 6 people haha unless it's 6 very fast guys or gals a group that size is going to be getting in the way. if anyone is walking their bike down a trail they need to be a little humble and move out of the way and hopefully learn from the experience. I don't waste my time and momentum giving unsolicited advice tho, they were probably embarrassed or frustrated and got more butt hurt when you point out the obvious that they're in over their heads. Let the trail be their teacher and you enjoy your ride.

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
Yep mountain top ticket checkers get ya every time.

Yes, they do! BE sure to have your ticket Wink

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
Ok it’s been a year off the big bike! It’s almost time to get rowdy again.....who else is STOKED?!
Now......just gotta find/build/buy another big bike. Fingers and toes crossed!

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Ok it’s been a year off the big bike! It’s almost time to get rowdy again.....who else is STOKED?!
Now......just gotta find/build/buy another big bike. Fingers and toes crossed!

STOKED!!! I've been riding local stuff two times a month and did a bootleg trip. Not a lot of jumping but my bike and body are ready to rock. Can't wait!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010629
Mobile Version of Website