Powered by Outside

Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
Tastefully done. Red Lyrik looks great on there.

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 15:29 Quote
I didnt really like that colour but that lyrik makes it work pretty well.

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 6:57 Quote
My brand new 2023 Stumpjumper EVO Expert!
photo

The GX AXS controller fits fine with the stock grips but I like to run Wolftooth Fat Paws, with this tiny gap I know the Fat Paws won’t fit. Anyone know a way to run AXS controller with thick grips? I can’t move the assembly any further inwards on the bar because then my brake lever position would be way off… I’ve never had a combo shifter/brake assembly before!
photo

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 7:00 Quote
you could try the alternate shifter paddle https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ec-axs-rock-a1 - it might be lower profile than the stock one but i haven't tried it personally, so not sure

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 7:11 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
My brand new 2023 Stumpjumper EVO Expert!
photo

The GX AXS controller fits fine with the stock grips but I like to run Wolftooth Fat Paws, with this tiny gap I know the Fat Paws won’t fit. Anyone know a way to run AXS controller with thick grips? I can’t move the assembly any further inwards on the bar because then my brake lever position would be way off… I’ve never had a combo shifter/brake assembly before!
photo

Buy a discrete clamp and mount it inboard of the brake.

Edit, come to think of it, I think the AXS discreet clamps mount the shifter a bit lower in relation to the bar anyway, looking at that.

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 7:12 Quote
twonsarelli wrote:
you could try the alternate shifter paddle https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ec-axs-rock-a1 - it might be lower profile than the stock one but i haven't tried it personally, so not sure

I was wondering about that too. I just did a search about it and found this article: https://bikerumor.com/review-sram-eagle-axs-rocker-paddle-upgrade-installed-worth-it/

This guy is saying he had even worse clearance issues with the new rocker. But in the pics of the article it looks like maybe they have switched the little piece from the left side to the right side which would result in having both the shifter and dropper lever moved further inwards, which I would like anyways. Will have to give that a try

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
Great pic behind the Christmas tree! (I can still tell what it is though)

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
Great pic behind the Christmas tree! (I can still tell what it is though)
Thanks! Amazing what can be done with an iPhone camera and a little editing in mobile Adobe Lightroom

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 10:45 Quote
Update on this issue. I swapped the little pieces so the tabs the shifter and dropper remote screw into are now on the inside of the handlebar clamp. This actually gives me better positioning for everything and it looks like I’ll be able to run any grips I want to now. If I didn’t explain that well and if anyone is curious I can post a pic.

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 3:22 Quote
sjv13 wrote:
Update on this issue. I swapped the little pieces so the tabs the shifter and dropper remote screw into are now on the inside of the handlebar clamp. This actually gives me better positioning for everything and it looks like I’ll be able to run any grips I want to now. If I didn’t explain that well and if anyone is curious I can post a pic.

You could always cut a little piece off the grip where your hand doesn’t go by the shifter and rock it that way…

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
sjv13 wrote:

You could always cut a little piece off the grip where your hand doesn’t go by the shifter and rock it that way…

That’s true. But the set up I have now fits and feels great. There is like 0.5mm of clearance lol

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
PoccoP wrote:
photo

Beautiful! How do you like the Fox 36? Ever have issues with too much grease in the negative air spring chamber? I just ordered parts and oil to do a lower leg service and pull the air spring since I’ve heard so much about the grease issue causing harshness on small bumps.

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
It is good to pull the lowers on a new fork and wipe the excess off, relube and reassemble, if you are capable. I really like my 36, but it is due a full service.

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
Looking for a small or medium 27.5 aluminum bike with 160mm-180mm of rear travel. I really want to trade (I can put some cash on top as well) for my Diamondback Release frame and Rockshox Yari fork. Below is a pic of my bike and fork. Anyone have a frame they'd be willing to part ways with? Thank you!

www.pinkbike.com/photo/22109944

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034521
Mobile Version of Website