Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 1:05 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Man, I'm bummed, wife wadded up the dirt bike, ended up in hospital for 4 days, might end up having to sell the KTM, and a few of my DJ bikes to pay for the surgery and hospital stay that followed :/
Bro that sucks I hope she gets better

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 4:38 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Man, I'm bummed, wife wadded up the dirt bike, ended up in hospital for 4 days, might end up having to sell the KTM, and a few of my DJ bikes to pay for the surgery and hospital stay that followed :/

Sucks so much dude. Will your insurance not cover it?

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

If your not insured make sure you go to the Hospitals finance office and negotiate the bills. You can do the same with the individual doctors and others who you might get a bill from. Keep in mind that the insurance companies pay the Hospitals etc like 20 to 30% of what the hospitals submit. Once you get to an agreed upon price with the hospital, set up a monthly amount of like $25, no interest / no term. I had a hospital stay where I was at the hospital for 11 days....ended up being like $52,000. Hospital settled as a "catastrophic" finance submission and reduced down to $9500...$25 month, no interest etc. I was not insured at the time.

Whatever you do, don't just start paying towards the total amount you get when the bills come in. That means you have accepted their bill / terms. ...but also dont wait too long to talk to those recieving a bill from or it will go to collections. Talk to family and friends that may have had similar situations, then talk to the hospital finance office to start working it out.

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
sorry to hear buddy, your wife is awesome she going to be okay? What happened?

I just destroyed my knee in your country at the sand dunes on an mx bike.... I think I'm just going to head home. its free but so busy I might never get in to see a doctor for weeks. Atleast down there it seems like the hospitals are not as busy so they can fix you quicker. Just like minx said 11 days 52000$. That's tough to come up with.....

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 15:47 Quote
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. She's ok overall, just a severely broken arm, and lots of bruising and some broken fingers. But she got 2 plates, 14 screws, and like 20" of stitches to fix it, it was f*cking gnarly.. Lemme know if you want to see pics...I have all the good ones lol

We do have insurance, however we had 130miles of ambulance transfers, 2 hospitals we visited, 3 over night stays in the ER, 4 days in a hospital bed, surgery, and lots of care to get it fixed. So even if it is all covered, I'm thinking I'll be meeting my "out of pocket maximum" for sure, which I think is close to like 8k. If so, I'll have to liquidate some assets to get it covered. Probably looking at selling the dirt bike, and 2 of my less used DJ bikes, maybe even my single speed XC bike too...we'll see how bad it is.

Damn Pure, I'm so sorry to hear that man. That f*cking sucks for you. Your right, we can get it fixed here quick, but it costs big $$ even with insurance.

Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 16:31 Quote
Changed up the Styley cause BORED and rainy everywhere. Went Down to 2.3 DTH's and total bike is now 24.2lbs... Still looking for a bar in 50mm rise and 760mm width that I like.
photo
photo
photo
photo

Before 2.8+ Tire Jumper. Bike was 25.4lbs
photo

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 2:10 Quote
Picked up a Yari for a good price, it's happening.
481mm a2c at 90mm travel is the same height as a pike DJ at 100mm.
My main concern is the huge negative chamber, might just wrap some inner tube around it to reduce the volume. Keep things nice and firm.
I'll also try heavier weight oil in the damper.

Looking at the tech docs it's hard to understand why you can't lower it the old way with spacers. Definitely going to try that before cutting the air shaft.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 9:15 Quote
Yari lowers and Fox 831 uppers, call them the Yoxi 831s or possibly Rock Fox Yari 831. Pargyles were a great creation at the time, it'd be interesting to see if that can work with today's market.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
I've always wondered if the non-boost yari/lyrik can take 20mm axle boxxer lowers...

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. She's ok overall, just a severely broken arm, and lots of bruising and some broken fingers. But she got 2 plates, 14 screws, and like 20" of stitches to fix it, it was f*cking gnarly.. Lemme know if you want to see pics...I have all the good ones lol

We do have insurance, however we had 130miles of ambulance transfers, 2 hospitals we visited, 3 over night stays in the ER, 4 days in a hospital bed, surgery, and lots of care to get it fixed. So even if it is all covered, I'm thinking I'll be meeting my "out of pocket maximum" for sure, which I think is close to like 8k. If so, I'll have to liquidate some assets to get it covered. Probably looking at selling the dirt bike, and 2 of my less used DJ bikes, maybe even my single speed XC bike too...we'll see how bad it is.

Damn Pure, I'm so sorry to hear that man. That f*cking sucks for you. Your right, we can get it fixed here quick, but it costs big $$ even with insurance.

Pics or it didn't happen!! lol Listen to the guy above on waiting to pay until you get all the bills cuz the boss has got hosed before and now knows the game and it is just like what the man above said. IT TAKES THE ADVICE!!!

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 20:42 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen!! lol Listen to the guy above on waiting to pay until you get all the bills cuz the boss has got hosed before and now knows the game and it is just like what the man above said. IT TAKES THE ADVICE!!!

hahahaha You really want to see these pics? lol

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 7:51 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

They're worth a look. Her arm was broke as f*ck.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
kwietrick wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

They're worth a look. Her arm was broke as f*ck.

See below, but scroll at your own risk, shit is f*cking scary lol

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

My poor wife all busted up after she crashed my moto
My poor wife all busted up after she crashed my moto

photo

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 20:13 Quote
She is savage! Heal up strong girly.
You’ll be shredding again soon, I know it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032750
Mobile Version of Website