Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 15:20 Quote
I'd guess if it's down on CRC as 135/142 it's got to be convertible

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 16:03 Quote
Cheers buddy, hopefully it is. Do you think adding +20mm to the front suspension - compared to the factory 140mm one - would affect the frame in bad ways?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 16:04 Quote
they are but no end caps in stock in the country at the moment for eastons m1 hubs, the distro should have them in a couple of weeks though

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 16:06 Quote
benqus wrote:
Cheers buddy, hopefully it is. Do you think adding +20mm to the front suspension - compared to the factory 140mm one - would affect the frame in bad ways?

What frame?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 16:13 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
benqus wrote:

What frame?

Voodoo Wanga. I will put a Fox 34 in it but I am not entirely sure which one I should go for. You can get a FLOAT with 150mm of travel but I might want to go for a Talas which is 130/160, we will see.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 16:14 Quote
Id say stay as near to the original as possible or it might mess up the handling, raising the bb too much makes it unstable

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 10:13 Quote
Hi, I have a question, my friend has a 10 speed shimano deore rear derailleur and it keeps jumping from the first gear to the space between the cassette and the spokes, any clue please?

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 10:14 Quote
turn the low gear limit screw in a bit or check the alignment of the derailleur and hanger.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 10:45 Quote
Thanks took me a while to find it out I think I've fixed it

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
Hi guys

I ordered a 9sp triple crank set and a single speed chain and rear single speed gear at the end of November last year and i cleaned all the cranks and chain in degreaser and noticed the chain ring is starting to wear quite a bit, is that because of the fact i use the bike a lot ot cause its a 9sp chainring with a single speed chainand rear gear and could that be why i have trouble with it slipping and clunking?

sorry for the bad quality pics

thanksSalute

Forum stuff
  Forum stuff

Forum stuff
  Forum stuff

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 15:39 Quote
ForTKNoX101 wrote:
Hi guys

I ordered a 9sp triple crank set and a single speed chain and rear single speed gear at the end of November last year and i cleaned all the cranks and chain in degreaser and noticed the chain ring is starting to wear quite a bit, is that because of the fact i use the bike a lot ot cause its a 9sp chainring with a single speed chainand rear gear and could that be why i have trouble with it slipping and clunking?

sorry for the bad quality pics

thanksSalute

Forum stuff
  Forum stuff

Forum stuff
  Forum stuff
as far as I know singlespeed would cause less wear than running it geared. A squint chainline could cause it though

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 16:15 Quote
What do you mean by squint chain line?

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 16:20 Quote
You need to get a machined ss chainring, that is a stamped chainring and the quality is poor

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 16:25 Quote
ForTKNoX101 wrote:
What do you mean by squint chain line?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainline
Wikipedia can explain it better than me
edit

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032423
Mobile Version of Website