Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 at 14:24 Quote
Tried them there not bothered bout it..was there sun plyin on the middle set noticed the first one had no take off !
Cud try movin a few rocks to put in way or something lol let me no wen ur nxt up cos u have done an awesome job

I've dropped becky at fc an e-mail to see if she can do anythin to stop ppl ridin the dj til there finished n set

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 12:51 Quote
I hope all the work i did on tues is still there on saturday and not ripped to bits by xc ppl =/

I will be up on saturday i think... When u 2 up?

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 0:31 Quote
jessejones wrote:
Good to see people sorting these now! Shame it's the same old story, Everyone wants to ride but wont dig, If i get chance i'll try and pop down at the weekend and give you guys a hand.

I think the main reason there's not already a bigger set is because people who are really serious about it will just build their own trails where they want them rather than somewhere where all the hard work will be wasted and the jumps just get trashed...

Hey Mr J, if you ever go up ill come along dude! Big love x

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 3:57 Quote
Nico-T wrote:

Hey Mr J, if you ever go up ill come along dude! Big love x

I'll buzz you big man!

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2011 at 23:59 Quote
nice to see the jumps have been sorted out, ill have to go ride them when I'm back in Nottingham, you will have to come with me brendan haven't seen you in ages!

Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 1:00 Quote
Had amsg from fc they mega impressed wiv wot u guys have done
Was talkin to the new trail builder yesterday n emailed fc bout chaining off the big set til they r set n he was keen on the idea bout not ridin them til they done prop!!

Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 1:22 Quote
clubroost9 wrote:
Had amsg from fc they mega impressed wiv wot u guys have done
Was talkin to the new trail builder yesterday n emailed fc bout chaining off the big set til they r set n he was keen on the idea bout not ridin them til they done prop!!

The big problem is that we had the jumps looking pretty sweet, But someone rebuilt the first take off and had been riding the set and they had massive holes in because they where soft as, and when they left they didnt even fix them. So smashing the first jump to bits still doesn't stop them!!

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 2:42 Quote
need to put some immoveable object in front of the first jump while there being sorted, like a massive pile of logs. obviously not the easiest thing to do.

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 2:02 Quote
if someone wants to sub me a car i can park my t4 transporter in front of them Wink but jokes a side go and get some of those logs next to the fc building cut up and I'll drop them off if they dont mind

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 9:23 Quote
We hade a bit of a stealth dig day to day and this it what we did
new jump
new jump

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 12:29 Quote
Looks good nxt to the last drop!!
Was talkin to new trail builder other day got some good ideas gonna do some work at the end of the runs as well as some much needed tlc..
As for the dj's waitin on fc SHOCK!!

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 12:36 Quote
clubroost9 wrote:
Looks good nxt to the last drop!!
Was talkin to new trail builder other day got some good ideas gonna do some work at the end of the runs as well as some much needed tlc..
As for the dj's waitin on fc SHOCK!!
I have been emailing fc for bout a month now trying to have a meeting but there always on training or cancel coz sumone is on the siek so I just went a head and did it lol going to do it more offen

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
When you hear from the FC and they are going to be talking about whats going on with the dirt jumps could you keep us up to date about whats going on with them? as we want them to be best condition as possible ready for summer!

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 at 5:45 Quote
the fc got bk in touch..
say they r goin to put up some barriers which they use for the concerts thts the best i cud get out of them
fingers crossed this works n keeps ppl off the dj's

Posted: Nov 29, 2011 at 8:10 Quote
clubroost9 wrote:
the fc got bk in touch..
say they r goin to put up some barriers which they use for the concerts thts the best i cud get out of them
fingers crossed this works n keeps ppl off the dj's

Good work..

Have they got any plans to sort any of the other trails out do you know ?? They just seem to be tear-arsing about in a mini digger at the moment.

Loads of corners really need building up in to berms.. Would give the track loads more flow..!

I'll happily lend a hand with some shovel time.

tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035193
Mobile Version of Website