Powered by Outside

Post your home workshops!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Post your home workshops!
Posted: Jan 5, 2016 at 19:40 Quote
thomasmb wrote:
My workshop these days

Workshop
Didn't notice until now that GIANT ASS roll of paper towels hanging up on the wall.
That's what I need for my next brake-bleeding job lol.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 8:14 Quote
bicycle garage 2.0 - still under construction. I've got another large locker and various wall cabs to still go in. Plus floor. Plus pegboard. Plus lighting.

Now we re getting somewhere.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 17:07 Quote
I just have a question about a shop i will be building. The shop will be a large shed completely dedicated to a workshop. Unfortunately it won't be heated. I live in New Hampshire with nights at 0 degrees fahrenheit. Do you think the chemicals will freeze.

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 0:10 Quote
Yup, I have issues with my chain lubes "waxing" in my uninsulated workshop when the mercury goes anywhere under 5°c (Christchurch, NZ)
Aerosols should be fine though.

Are you running power to the shed? Just run a small heater over the cold months (which I do, and have an electric fan for over summer)

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
What do you have for flooring in your shop area?

I'm building a home bike shop in my basement and need to find flooring to go on top of carpet to protect it....

Its going to be on brand new carpet, and would love to not trash it. Just need something I can put on top to protect it. Any ideas? reccomendations?

Would love to see pics.

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 15:52 Quote
poolguy55 wrote:
Anything to get them out of your way will work.
I have both hanging racks and a floor rack in my little shop. I just use the cheap $3 rubber coated garage bike hooks you can find just about anywhere. Instead of just running the hooks into a wall stud every 16", I fastened a 12-foot 1x10 to the wall and screwed the hooks into that. That way you can space them a little closer together if you want. I also have a section of that 1x10 that I punched wooden dowels into it to hang things like helmets, camelbacks, extra forks, and things like that. You'd be surprised how much those get used. Hanging/wall mounting bikes is fine. The only issue that might come up is if you have fork/shock seals that are a little leaky. If hung upside down too long, you can sometimes notice some oil leaking. If wall mounted, hanging them "rear wheel-up" usually prevents this.
I often have friends/family/neighbors that bring bikes by for service so that's why I have the floor rack. I just built this out of 2x4 and fastened it to the wall. You just slide bike tires in and can stack them in pretty fast.
Hope this helps.

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 15:54 Quote
thomasmb wrote:
My workshop these days

Workshop
That's a nice shop you have there, no doubt about itSmile
I see you hang your bikes up vertically by their front wheel, I do the same with my road bikes but I was told it is a bad idea on a mountain bike because it inverts the fork and the oil runs to the top of the fork. I will start hanging my mountain bikes also if it has no adverse effect on it.

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 9:54 Quote
Well, this is probably cooler than my newest bike, so I'm whoring my new Home Bike Shop. Finally completed.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 5:31 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Well, this is probably cooler than my newest bike, so I'm whoring my new Home Bike Shop. Finally completed.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

I've never had a boner for a room before! Thats epic mate! Shop air and everything! Seriously jealous

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 12:29 Quote
velociraptor-clintthrust wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

I've never had a boner for a room before! Thats epic mate! Shop air and everything! Seriously jealous

Incredible set up! Very jelly!!!!

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 18:04 Quote
haha Thanks guys! I'm very blessed!

Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 10:10 Quote
@ZenkiS14 that is awesome and deserves redbull sponsorship if you don't have it already haha.

Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 14:12 Quote
KEEPitSTUPID wrote:
@ZenkiS14 that is awesome and deserves redbull sponsorship if you don't have it already haha.

hahaha Thanks man! That'd be sweet! I'd love a couple cases of RB on the house!

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 2:53 Quote
Its not much at the moment, but i just moved into this place with a double garage and thought i'd make a bit of a mancave of it (as much as I can without marking the walls, as its a rental). Got all the steel there to make a nice workbench, just need to trim it and weld it up, im hoping with the hardwood top and blue square tube it will look like the benches in the parktool videos. I'm gonna buy a nice mx pit mat for the moto, then some rubber mats to go around, in front of workbench etc.. As far as bike tool stuff goes, its not too worth buying anything serious at the moment because i live thousands of km's away from any riding that isn't xc. Always hanging out for the next overseas bike holiday! Ill post more photos when the bench is done.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039659
Mobile Version of Website