Powered by Outside

Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
O+
Posted: May 8, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
none when djing and hitting drops and 1 finger when dhings. Sometimes nome towards the end of the run though.. To make it funnerBeer

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 5:57 Quote
I almost always have 1 finger on my front and rear brake when doing DH. Except when i am trying to get fast on a certain section I will try and have no fingers on the brakes. That is to stop me from braking and it works. Its scary as hell though haha.
And for dj I always have one finger covering the rear brake. Just out of habit.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
i dont have my finger on the brake when im just riding to places, but when im jumping r riding street i keep a finger on. i try not to so much now though, don't know why..

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
i try to because it can save you from a crash but depends what im doing.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
Dmitrij wrote:
I keep finger on my brake all the time.for example I can`t do a normal bunnny hop without it))))Smile

Same here.. it just feels natural. I walk around with my pointer finger less bent then the others tho...

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
2 figners on the back break and 1 finger on the front for DH.
if im pedalling for a jump usually i dont have my fingers on the breaks.
1 finger on both breaks when im just riding around..

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
I normally have a finger on the brake, but when I'm hitting the big jump box in the park I let go completely - i just can't do it covering the brake!

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
I put two fingers on both brakes it just feels natural

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
I always have a finger on the brake, regardless if I'm riding street, trail, or DH. Just have to learn to not squeeze them if you don't have to.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
always while DHing but some tricks when jumping i find easier to only hold the grips, occasionally i'll try death grip if i wanna hit a section quicker but very rarely.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
always one finger on both brakes at all time, no matter what kind of riding im doing. even bmx racing in the gate, you never know! better to be safe than sorry. the trick is to have your brakes ready at all times, but use them as little as possible. on some long dh runs, my arms get pumped so much and having your fingers sticking out while doing that doesnt help. but hell, you got to do what you got to do!

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
bmxracer62 wrote:
always one finger on both brakes at all time, no matter what kind of riding im doing. even bmx racing in the gate, you never know! better to be safe than sorry. the trick is to have your brakes ready at all times, but use them as little as possible. on some long dh runs, my arms get pumped so much and having your fingers sticking out while doing that doesnt help. but hell, you got to do what you got to do!

Yeah that happens to me. Try switching to middle finger braking when you arms get tired. It feels strange but it gives your index finger a rest lol.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
thats what ive been doing, it helps cause im giving my index a break, some of those steep gnarley runs i need to run dual fingers.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
No. In fact I try to keep fingers off as much as possible. If you have a finger on the brakes it means you're scared. Straitline made these cool custom lever blades for the Gravity Camp that say "1 finger=style 2 fingers=scared". True dat.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:22 Quote
if im hitting a drop I fist the left grip otherwise its one finger on each side

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018030
Mobile Version of Website