The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Apr 21, 2024 at 8:33 Quote
New 1.93 optics riser 2A Amament Balios 10 rail and Surefire SOCOM Warden muzzle brake combo.
I switched up my 10.5" AR pistol a little. Got a 10" rail on there and installed the Surefire SOCOM muzzle brake, so when I install the Warden blast diffuser it sits almost flush. I also installed a 1.93" riser for my red dot since I'd been having trouble getting a good cheek weld on this brace with my ear protection on.

Gonna go shooting today. The brake and Warden add quite a bit of weight, so if there's no noticeable advantage to it I will likely swap out for a titanium brake from VSeven Weapon Systems.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 5:52 Quote
seraph wrote:
New 1.93 optics riser 2A Amament Balios 10 rail and Surefire SOCOM Warden muzzle brake combo.
I switched up my 10.5" AR pistol a little. Got a 10" rail on there and installed the Surefire SOCOM muzzle brake, so when I install the Warden blast diffuser it sits almost flush. I also installed a 1.93" riser for my red dot since I'd been having trouble getting a good cheek weld on this brace with my ear protection on.

Gonna go shooting today. The brake and Warden add quite a bit of weight, so if there's no noticeable advantage to it I will likely swap out for a titanium brake from VSeven Weapon Systems.

That thing just screams for a short 223 suppressor and real stock. Nice build. All our dumb firearm rules need to go away.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 8:07 Quote
seraph wrote:

Looks good!

A proper suppressor on it and some spraypaint.

Im thinking about getting a DD Mk12 SPR... What do you gentlemen say?

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 11:38 Quote
chaserider wrote:
seraph wrote:

Looks good!

Dont you already have a mk12 clone haha? I mean no one is going to say no.

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 11:40 Quote
One is none, two is one...

Posted: Apr 22, 2024 at 22:52 Quote
chaserider wrote:
seraph wrote:

Looks good!

No on the spraypaint. I'm going for a "50 shades of gray" build on this one. Seems like companies can't decide on what "gray" means.

cougar797 wrote:
seraph wrote:

That thing just screams for a short 223 suppressor and real stock. Nice build. All our dumb firearm rules need to go away.

The brace is plenty comfortable. No need to give the government an extra $200 just to have a stock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013962
Mobile Version of Website