Powered by Outside

Best 7 inch mini DH bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Best 7 inch mini DH bike?
O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 at 23:08 Quote
reign x is definitely not as beefy as some of the other 7 inch bikes on the market and its much steeper head angle of 67 degrees, it is still a very capable descender. Super fun and flickable bike. Great jumper and held its own in the rough stuff. If you need to pedal the bike to the top of the hill and ride down while having a lot of fun doing it then the reign x is pretty hard to beat. But if you are merely looking for a resort rig that is lighter and more flickable then their are more suited bikes like the faith, entourage, tr250.....etc.

Posted: Oct 30, 2011 at 18:41 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
I'm sure the TR250 will be dope, it's udjustable beyond many other bikes, would handle downhill better than most of those bikes, yet still be a great freeride bike beyond most of them. I would say the SX trail, yup can never go wrong, but the TR250 would be the best bet out of them, but the SX is still cheaper also.

May I also suggest a Trek Scratch? IMO, i've ridden SX trails, not the TR250 sadly, but it's the best bike i've ever ridden to be honest. That's just my 10 cents. Or even the Trek Scratch Air's, just as freeridish, alot lighter and can climb if it's your do it all. The Scratch is the bike I would want the most if I were you, goodluck anyways though.
. Naw I think you should get Kona but the entourage is gonna be really expensive and doesn't come out till 2012 so you should find a used stinky deluxe

Posted: Oct 30, 2011 at 18:42 Quote
FreerideHero9 wrote:
Freerideguy14 wrote:
I'm sure the TR250 will be dope, it's udjustable beyond many other bikes, would handle downhill better than most of those bikes, yet still be a great freeride bike beyond most of them. I would say the SX trail, yup can never go wrong, but the TR250 would be the best bet out of them, but the SX is still cheaper also.

May I also suggest a Trek Scratch? IMO, i've ridden SX trails, not the TR250 sadly, but it's the best bike i've ever ridden to be honest. That's just my 10 cents. Or even the Trek Scratch Air's, just as freeridish, alot lighter and can climb if it's your do it all. The Scratch is the bike I would want the most if I were you, goodluck anyways though.
. Naw I think you should get Kona but the entourage is gonna be really expensive and doesn't come out till 2012 so you should find a used stinky deluxe
lol

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 0:06 Quote
I ride this for mini DH stuff.

photo

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 12:38 Quote
buckow wrote:
I ride this for mini DH stuff.

photo
How is it for bike park stuff?

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 12:56 Quote
thenotoriousmic wrote:
The sx trail shits all over any bike in 6 - 7 inch freeride category. It's alot better than all the other bike's and that's before you've even taken into account the amazing spec for not alot of money.

I have to agree with mic on the sx being a winner at everything. Whoever quoted the SX earlier of being an in the past freeride bike is very confused. FSR is great. The only con to the bike is the high price tag. But, then again all these bikes have high price tags.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 16:03 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
thenotoriousmic wrote:
The sx trail shits all over any bike in 6 - 7 inch freeride category. It's alot better than all the other bike's and that's before you've even taken into account the amazing spec for not alot of money.

I have to agree with mic on the sx being a winner at everything. Whoever quoted the SX earlier of being an in the past freeride bike is very confused. FSR is great. The only con to the bike is the high price tag. But, then again all these bikes have high price tags.
lol there are lots of other great 6-7" travel bikes...

Voltage FR

faith

TR250

to name but a few

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 16:12 Quote
Nobble wrote:
the-real-me wrote:
thenotoriousmic wrote:

Voltage FR

faith

TR250

to name but a few

best bang for the buck,that and the morewood what ever it's called,giant/tr250 and sx trail are just silly overpriced.

Edit: it has jumped 300 quid in price over last years model Eek

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 16:14 Quote
<Deleted photo>

SX Trail for sure

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 16:16 Quote
enorbz wrote:
<Deleted photo>

SX Trail for sure

With the older models i will have agreed,but for 2012 the price is still the same as the 2010 model yet the 2012 model doesn't come with the rc2 fork or the rc4 shock that the 2010 model did.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 16:19 Quote
marquis wrote:
enorbz wrote:
<Deleted photo>

SX Trail for sure

With the older models i will have agreed,but for 2012 the price is still the same as the 2010 model yet the 2012 model doesn't come with the rc2 fork or the rc4 shock that the 2010 model did.
Yeah thats true, I actually just bought the 2010 frame and built it up with parts I had, I have ridden the new ones as well and they are amazing especially when they throw a 180mm fork up front, which i soon want to do to this.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 16:22 Quote
enorbz wrote:
marquis wrote:
enorbz wrote:
<Deleted photo>

SX Trail for sure

Yeah thats true, I actually just bought the 2010 frame and built it up with parts I had, I have ridden the new ones as well and they are amazing especially when they throw a 180mm fork up front, which i soon want to do to this.

Scratch the voltage it's jumped 300 quid over last years model Eek buy the sx and get the fork/shock upgraded.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 16:35 Quote
YT industries Noton. £1850, 170mm front and rear, hammersmidt, X9, elixir Rs, sub 15kg. might be a little on the light side like, its a enduro DH bike

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
marquis wrote:
Nobble wrote:
the-real-me wrote:

Voltage FR

faith

TR250

to name but a few

best bang for the buck,that and the morewood what ever it's called,giant/tr250 and sx trail are just silly overpriced.

Edit: it has jumped 300 quid in price over last years model Eek
maybe you just need to accept that you get raped on bike prices in the UK? lol Wink

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 17:02 Quote
at least we dont get raped for hope stuff Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.043864
Mobile Version of Website