Powered by Outside

Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's
Posted: May 26, 2021 at 21:02 Quote
pete-moss wrote:
140mm will also be more forgiving for a newbie, so the argument kind of goes both ways. I think if you plan on keeping this bike for a few years and you expect to improve a bit, a 140 would be ideal. If you only plan to go up once or twice a month and just want to get out there, a hard tail isn’t out of the question but get into any tech trail, ie upper mountain, you really gotta pick your line wisely and you won’t be going as fast.
Beg to differ. I usually smoke the times on the hardtail

O+
Posted: May 27, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
Like Trailslayer pointed out- for new riders, trail speed rarely changes too much between hardtail and full squish. The difference is that a full suspension bike will be easier on your body at the end of a long day, and will stay relevant to your riding style for longer. Thats another vote from me for a decent full suspension bike.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
dkidd wrote:
Like Trailslayer pointed out- for new riders, trail speed rarely changes too much between hardtail and full squish. The difference is that a full suspension bike will be easier on your body at the end of a long day, and will stay relevant to your riding style for longer. Thats another vote from me for a decent full suspension bike.

Full suspension (like disc brakes and dropper posts) make things easier. IMO as a beginner, make things as easy as you can. When you're an experienced rider, a hardtail is a fun way to mix things up and keep the ride fresh.

Buy a full suspension bike if you can, and avoid advice from bike shops that sound like Italian pastries. Go ask the guys at Kinetik what they choose to ride Burke with, their advice will be more relevant than the roadies.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
[Quote="nouseforaname"]
dkidd wrote:

Full suspension (like disc brakes and dropper posts) make things easier. IMO as a beginner, make things as easy as you can. When you're an experienced rider, a hardtail is a fun way to mix things up and keep the ride fresh.

All the best riders start out with hard tails. Instead of letting the bike do the work for you , you learn how to compensate. Which makes you a better rider when you hop on a full suspension. There really is no argument about that.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
TORCA 2021 starts tomorrow: https://www.trailforks.com/contests/view/23/

Description
Join the 2021 TORCA Trailforks Challenge!

CHALLENGE DATES:
June 21st until August 16th, 2021

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQRyQtMB9Pj/

Some of the Badges:
Classic Burke - Ride Triple Crown, Six, Slayer, Dawg & Hustler Top to Bottom
Kinetik All Starz - Ride North Starz, Starz-Line 1, 2 & 3 in one ride
DH Gravity - Ride 3000m of descent
Foothills - Ride all Wesbild trails
Forest Office - Ride 5 consecutive days

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
Hi, I came across this thread searching for a place to wash my bike after a ride. The posts I found date back to 2010 though, so I wanted to ask the question again: is there a place to wash your bike near Coquitlam center mall? I just moved to this area and the condo I am in doesn't have a hose available.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
AndreiT wrote:
Hi, I came across this thread searching for a place to wash my bike after a ride. The posts I found date back to 2010 though, so I wanted to ask the question again: is there a place to wash your bike near Coquitlam center mall? I just moved to this area and the condo I am in doesn't have a hose available.

There is a coin wash at Westwood and Christmas way. Just don’t leave you bike unattended there because it’s near the shelter and they like bikes!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009944
Mobile Version of Website